Hair Loss As Reflection Of Brain Activity?

Thoushant

I have a theory on hairloss I want to vent, and discuss with you.
This is built on personal observations and (although might be reaching) science, so it still needs some research to it.
Basicly:
Heat is protective for the hair, and
Regional Brain metabolism/cerebral blood flow somehow influence hair density(or lack of hair loss..), and the hair growth drugs should be researched upon their effect on brain metabolism/blood flow.

Okay, I'm gonna suggest a mechanism to back the claim, and then list observations, it's possible they can bring new light to the problem.

Brain blood flow is tightly regulated by several factors to counteract hyper/hypoperfussion which can be fatal. It's called cerebral autoregulation(cerebrovascular regulation).
Some antihypertensive drug can override the system, I believe they are classified in 4 groups according to just that. Some dilutes the arteries and overrides the regulation.

My observations:
Recently moved to Beijing, and have the pleasure of seeing lots of people all the time.
~80% of Balding people have fallen and lost to gravity.
Compared to normal, they stand with excessive use of their thighs, or hyper extended arach, or with forward head psotures/tense neck. When they walk they seem to constantly fall and don't handle the landing shock well at all. there is a lack of hip mobility and shoulder movement. Instead, there is visible shakiness to their foundation. Hip going left/right independent of the torso, shoulder shaking when they land. Normal men and women of all ages seem much more graceful with posture intact, there is no visible shakiness(as in fatigued or inactive muscle of the belly).

All my balding professors seem to have a hard time recalling basic everyday words in a lecture.
They go uhmm ahh uhmm and finally say the word with satisfaction, as if it's an achievement. Its not even fancy words, just everyday words

Now relating this to the brain:
Partial lap is appearently involved in body awareness in relation to your surrounding and language is in the area as well.
Right under the crown, where hair loss often starts

Center/top of the brain, behind the frontal cortex there is motor cortex and somatosensory cortex. They receive and send information to the body. See homunculus map), top is trunk reaching to torso to arms to hand, and most lateral(where hair don't fall) is face and tongue.
Face and tongue is were we anyways pay most attention, its almost fitting there's no hair loss over that area.
Interestingly, you start losing hair at crown and front, and the area that is still non balding the most seem to be over motor/sensory brain region. Which eventually give in.

Frontally the prefrontal cortex is our daily planner of attention, personality, thoughts expressions etc.
Remind you of that neurotic personality Danny Roddy talked about? And the toothy smile? I have seen the excessive grin at myself and another balding classmate.
PFC speaking: I've become more rigid in my emotional conveying.

So what is going on? Do we lose body awareness with decreased partial activity starting crown hair loss. Does this lose make us unaware of body tension somehow, which our PFC receives anyway and is split of conflicted thought(body tensions follows emotions). Do we eventually put out less motor signal to lost hip-trunk-arms-hands muscles?
Or is PFC the engine starter of this?

My personal experience is from my non balding to balding life, I have become waaaay more careless in my body behaviour. My best explanation of this is to see any old movie, people seemed much more in control of whatever they did, from holding to handling to putting off anything.
My careless body use(how I handle daily items) agitiates others around, because they believe its directed at them(emotional tone of the movement)

I thought I would share and hear your inputs. maybe you found something in your experience you could relate.
would be interesting to have balding vs non balding do different mental activity tests/games from language to emotion.

OP
Thoushant

Thoushant

Also:
My younger days every movement had en emotional weight to it. I would place things peacefully out of father respect, be more careless around sister. I was emotionally aware, and it reflected in every movement, all the times.

I stood with my little sister in a convention in front of a big thermal camera display.
My nose and hands glowed bright yellow(hot) hers ware green(colder) but she was glowing white at the forehead and under the hair compared to darker yellowish/green head of mine.
I have receded hairline, and hairloss that is observable 10 feet away

Makrosky

Correlation doesn't imply causation. So if the bald people you see, including your teachers, are bald AND have other problems, it doesn't necessarily mean nothing. It is like saying : I have noticed people with lots of wrinkles have a hard time remembering things. Yeah, of course.

I can think right now of A LOT of famous musicians, philosophers, writters and people around me who have moderate to high levels of intelligence and are bald.

Sorry but I don't buy it.

Makrosky

When you want to do this kind of observations it's really easy to be influenced by many cognitive biases (at an unconscious level). The most obvious one is that when one of your bald professors can't recall a word you notice it, and when one that is not bald does, you don't notice it.

Pet Peeve

But I still think Roddy has a point with the balding personality. The excessive smiling is a protection mechanism for lack of personal power, exhaustion. I remember a study posted here about how monkey social status corresponded inversely to sertonin levels. In the same way I think being used, whipped around and walked all over messes with your hormones, causing baldness. Isn't the typical image of a balding person someone who is really meek? Except in Hollywood where the bald guy is extremely violent and powerful, stepping on everyone and using them for his own means.

I have struggled with the compulsive smile for a few years, I find it very hard to not smile and it's because I'm scared of people, and I wasn't really completely conscious of it until I saw the Danny Roddy video. This really is compulsive, it's like I can't stop smiling. People are disgusted by this kind of smile, putting the toothy grin baldy in a negative downward spiral making him smile even more to compensate for the disgust people feel.

Someone once wrote on the forum that it took too long to see results making it difficult to know what made your hair improve and that skin health was probably a better indicator. I think now that this comfortableness and lack of social armour probably is the best indicator for whether something works hairwise. Lately I have been experimenting with high doses of vitamin a and I tried high dose glycine and progesterone, so far this has helped me to comfortably drop the protective smile. In addition to getting rid of foods that cause inflammation. But it's not as easy as take this or that.

johnwester130

This will be my final thoughts on hair loss :

DO BOTH

Follow the principles from Roddy and Peat

AND

Break down the Fibrosis and calcification in the scalp with scalp massages and DT
http://www.omicsonline.org/2155-9554/2155-9554-3-138.pdf

It's not one or the other. Bad metabolism will cause the calcification of the scalp.

Why does finasteride and Avodart regrow hair ?

I don't know

Entropy

I would say too much thinking allocates resources away from hair growth, along with generative energy that exits your reproductive organs which is argued by many alchemist and the father of medicine as incredibly potent for health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals