The Cause Of Baldness

Infarouge

The cause of baldness is your ancestors were tough fkin ************* without hair who managed to stay in the gene pool despite looking like Kojak.

mrchibbs

The cause of baldness is your ancestors were tough fkin ************* without hair who managed to stay in the gene pool despite looking like Kojak.

If you go back through family yearbooks, in every generation since the late 1800s baldness has increased in occurence, once rare it progressively became a regular sight, and now affects the majority of people and men visibly as early as the teenage years.

I don't think it has anything to do with some nebulous ancestral genes.

johnwester130

i actually got some enoxolone after reading travis's posts but never got around to using it, anyone know what formulation (solvent etc) he suggested?

just buy this?

Murtaza

GorillaHead

FoxA2 is a huge hit on AGA related to insulin.

mpb isnt genetic determination its genetic susceptibility to the cause. AND genetic reaction as well.

those who never lose their hair either are immune to the cause or immune to the reaction.

androgens are related. We know to little androgens in men. Boom hairloss. And we know androgens meds with insulin. We also know that dutasteride increase your chances of diabetes.

furthermore there are boys who barely hit puberty with recession and hairloss.

TheCalciumCad

I don't know if anyone knows of Bobby Charlton he was Englands best ever footballer, he famously went bald very young. I randomly found an interview where he said

"I occasionally went down the mines as a lad on the weekend when my dad went to collect his wages. Everyone who went down to the mines was miserable, but when they came back up they were smiling. I started going bald at 17. Everyone who came out of the mines wore caps because they went bald."

I thought that was very interesting! I assumed it was because he was traumatised from surviving the Munich air crash (which he will of been) but that was when he was 21.

1642950811670.png

GorillaHead

I don't know if anyone knows of Bobby Charlton he was Englands best ever footballer, he famously went bald very young. I randomly found an interview where he said

"I occasionally went down the mines as a lad on the weekend when my dad went to collect his wages. Everyone who went down to the mines was miserable, but when they came back up they were smiling. I started going bald at 17. Everyone who came out of the mines wore caps because they went bald."

I thought that was very interesting! I assumed it was because he was traumatised from surviving the Munich air crash (which he will of been) but that was when he was 21.

View attachment 32747
So what mine toxicity? Or hats?

TheCalciumCad

So what mine toxicity? Or hats?
That mines are such a horrendous environment even just spending time in them as a kid was enough to trigger hair loss. Assume sever light deprivation, physical exhaustion and breathing in toxins would be what does it for the miners.

OccamzRazer

That mines are such a horrendous environment even just spending time in them as a kid was enough to trigger hair loss. Assume sever light deprivation, physical exhaustion and breathing in toxins would be what does it for the miners.
Interesting observation!

Negative emotions are probably also hurting the hormonal state here. If I was working long hours in a mine I'd probably feel a little bit like a slave...talk about learned helplessness.

johnwester130

Hey everyone,
I have been working to figure out the cause of baldness. I think it is a systemic issue. @haidut and @Travis posts have helped me immensely as well as Danny Roddy's work. Here is an email I sent to Danny this morning. It is a fluid hypothesis. Let me know what you think.

Hey Danny,
I contacted you on youtube. I continued to work out the pieces of the baldness theory I was describing and I wanted to lay them out for you here. Your work has helped me a ton and you have a global understanding of the phenomena so I thought it best to share with you.

1) TLR4 activation leads to fibrosis in the body. It is activated by endotoxin, indicating dysbiosis with gram negative bacteria: Endotoxin, TLR4 signaling and vascular inflammation: potential therapeutic targets in cardiovascular disease. - PubMed - NCBI
Endothelial cell Toll-like receptor 4 regulates fibrosis associated angiogenesis in liver
Inhibiting toll-like receptor 4 signaling ameliorates pulmonary fibrosis during acute lung injury induced by lipopolysaccharide: an experimental study

2) Gut dysbiosis leads to up regulation of hpta axis thus cortisol, DHEA, aldosterone:
The gut-brain axis: interactions between enteric microbiota, central and enteric nervous systems

3) Dhea is preferentially converted to DHT in the body: DHEA Is Preferentially Converted Into DHT In Humans

4) In baldness the scalp is fibrosed (i.e. the galea)

4) the baldness field follows the galea aponeurotic almost perfectly.

5) the bald scalp has decreased blood flow:
Transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp in male pattern baldness: a new piece to the puzzle. - PubMed - NCBI
Subcutaneous blood flow in early male pattern baldness. - PubMed - NCBI
A new apparatus for hair regrowth in male-pattern baldness - PubMed

6) The pattern of hair loss follows the mechanical "tight spots" of the galea aponeurotic. Meaning fibrosis and tightening of the galea enhances baldness by increasing hypoxia.

7) in hypoxia DHT is up regulated in the scalp:
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=105159

With all of this I propose that baldness is caused by gut dysregulation leading to adrenal up regulation and fibrosis/ inflammation throughout the body. The fibrosis effects the galea leading to decreased blood supply and drainage causing hypoxia. This up regulates 5-AR in the scalp leading to increased DHT. the adrenal up regulation provides the DHEA that is preferentially converted to DHT leading to the high concentrations in skin throughout the body (i.e. the chest hair and body hair seen often with baldness). The cortisol and aldosterone also have negative impacts on hair: Latest Hair Studies: Hairloss Is Caused By Immune Imbalance. T-regs dependent upon the gut flora, also participate in hair regrowth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

additions for ray peat forum:
treatments:
1) ketotifen maybe?? (a tlr4 antagonist)
2) raw kefir + raw milk + phages to adjust micro biome
3) vit c to help with adjusting collagen
4) scalp massage
5) red light
6) inversion to increase blood flow

the connection to prostate cancer and heart disease is discussed in this post as well as studies below:
DHT Prevents Prostate Cancer And May Even Treat It

also note these studies
TLR4 and heart disease connection:
Endotoxin, TLR4 signaling and vascular inflammation: potential therapeutic targets in cardiovascular disease - PubMed

chronic prostatatis/ prostate cancer and gut dysbiosis:
Gut microbiome and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome - PubMed
LPS/TLR4 Signaling Enhances TGF-β Response Through Downregulating BAMBI During Prostatic Hyperplasia - Scientific Reports

all of this also goes hand in hand with peats work and shows the connection between high prolactin and MPB: Prolactin Is A Good Biomarker For Serotonin / Estrogen Activity
gut dysbiosis= high serotonin/ estrogen= elevated prolactin

also shows the low vitamin D status in male pattern baldness:
Vitamin D, immune regulation, the microbiota, and inflammatory bowel disease
immune function= increased vit d usage= vit D depletion= effected immune regulation= dysbiosis= the cycle continues.

This is an amazing thread but after 50 pages I think Travis had the right idea, focus on aldosterone and cortisol.

Many people on hairlosstalk regrew hair with spironolactone - but this coincidentally blocks testosterone and dht, although 10 times less than it blocks cortisol.

Finerone, eplerenone also work to stop cortisol/aldosterone

GorillaHead

This is an amazing thread but after 50 pages I think Travis had the right idea, focus on aldosterone and cortisol.

Many people on hairlosstalk regrew hair with spironolactone - but this coincidentally blocks testosterone and dht, although 10 times less than it blocks cortisol.

Finerone, eplerenone also work to stop cortisol/aldosterone

Magnesium. Vitamin D And Vitamin A. Reduce aldosterone

TheCalciumCad

Anti-Peat but as most people haven't solved hair loss from increasing thyroid function on its own and usually have a hardened calcified scalp...Dr. Garrett Smith who I've only just started paying attention too very briefly mentions hair growth from detoxing Vitamin A "Hair takes a long time (to come back) as we have to decalcify all those blood vessels that were feeding the hair". Personally my hair tanked 6mo into Peating and has not come back 4yrs in... my vitamin A intake is almost 5x higher than before Peating so I am currently questioning Vitamin A.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH4xfyNhtjo&t=3715s

Summer

How would the vitamin A theory explain why women don’t experience the same type of hair loss as men?

TheCalciumCad

Anti-Peat but as most people haven't solved hair loss from increasing thyroid function on its own and usually have a hardened calcified scalp...Dr. Garrett Smith who I've only just started paying attention too very briefly mentions hair growth from detoxing Vitamin A "Hair takes a long time (to come back) as we have to decalcify all those blood vessels that were feeding the hair". Personally my hair tanked 6mo into Peating and has not come back 4yrs in... my vitamin A intake is almost 5x higher than before Peating so I am currently questioning Vitamin A.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH4xfyNhtjo&t=3715s

Also Grant Genereux's 2020 poll from people before and after a low Vitamin A diet showed a significant improvement in hair loss (1 being virtually none, 10 being severe)

1649289555517.png

mrchibbs

Avoiding vitamin A to me is like avoiding carbs, it fixes some issues, but in a round about way and doesn't tackle the underlying problems.

johnwester130

Perindoprilalso has an aldosterone reducing effect

This is also a blood pressure drug

Travis still had the right idea - it is cortisol/aldosterone and high blood pressure

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals