Topical DHT therapy promotes hair growth

Amazoniac

Dihydrotestosterone Regulates Hair Growth Through the Wnt/β-Catenin Pathway in C57BL/6 Mice and In Vitro Organ Culture

"[..]in the following study, we chose 10^−6 mol/L as the optimal concentration of DHT that inhibits human HF growth, which is close to the circulating concentration of human DHT."​

?

- 10^−6 mol/L: 1000 nmol/L (or 1 umol/L)
- 10^−7 mol/L: 100 nmol/L

- 10^−9 mol/L: 1 nmol/L

Serum reference range: 0.47-2.65 nmol/L

M = mol/L​

..optimal out of the doses tested. Inhibition can start to occur and peak earlier when cells is bathed in the 10^−7 to 10^−6 mol/L interval. Same thing when you apply the trash (Mannia, 2021a, 2021b, 2021c) in a concentration which exceeds that of serum, stimulation could occur somewhere in between the lower doses. But if it's acknowledged that serum levels aren't reliable predictors of tissue levels, how relevant is this? Also, if scalp levels are already elevated, is they not high enough, would justify increasing further?

- The effect of finasteride, a 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor, on scalp skin testosterone and dihydrotestosterone concentrations in patients with male pattern baldness

Amazoniac

From the last link:

1626894286344.png

1626894297611.png

pmol/g = nmol/kg

Scalp dihydrotrashtosterone is dispersed:

1626894316833.png

Wow is lowest bald and highest hairy? Would is levels according to progression?

edoos

I’m also interested in this theory.
I Have low DHT since PFS and still losing my hair. I also have high prolactin and cortisol, prolactin over the top range and cortisol on the top of the range also SDHEA at the top of the range and this for years now. I have insomnia and bad stress coping ability. Recently start beta blocker and it change my life. I wanted to try a way to increase DHT naturally maybe with creatine supplement?

A

Adf

There's a man on Youtube, Rob English who theorizes most balding occurs from a tight scalp, caused by stressed out facial muscles that tighten up. The theory is, the face muscles tighten up from stress, which tightens the scalp, the tight scalp restricts blood flow to hair follicles, suffocating them, and causes inflammation. It's the inflammation from the tight scalp that causes the body to produce more DHT. So the increase in DHT is an aftereffect of the true cause for balding.

This could support Haiduts theory that DHT therapy may help with hair regrowth or stop hair loss as it may reduce inflammation and lessen the suffocation of the hair follicles.

Rob English says he stopped his hair loss, and regrew his hair by implementing a daily scalp massage routine. That's a lot of work for many people to do, especially in todays lazy age, so they also did a study to test his theory. They got bald men and had them all get botox to forcefully relax the facial muscles around the scalp. I believe he said it was about 75% of the men saw decent hair regrowth within about 9 months of having botox treatment once every 3 to 6 months.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yehk_h_Uj6k

Peatfan69

I'm currently experimenting with topical DHT dissolved in mct oil and ethanol. So far so good, it gives it nice shine and I think less hair falls out.
What’s your ratio? And did you have to dissolve it first in the ethanol and then add mct oil

Gûs80

Despite mentioning it in another post on testosterone (T) treatment for hair loss, I thought that this study deserves its own post, just because its findings are so contradictory to the perennial dogma of "androgenic alopecia" - i.e. that androgens, and especially DHT, cause the male-pattern baldness in males and non-localized hair loss in women. The study used rodents, but the experimental groups included both males and females, which makes the findings that much more interesting. Namely, physiological concentrations (10^-7 mol/L = 100 nM/L) of DHT applied topically on the skin/scalp for just 18 days, can accelerate hair growth! Now, the study did find that 10-fold higher concentrations (10^-6 mol/L = 1 uM/L) of DHT inhibit hair growth, but such concentration are impossible to occur naturally, unless there is an androgen-secreting tumor present or a person is using 50mg+ DHT daily. Also, even with the pharmacological concentrations the inhibition was so small that hair growth was barely statistically different from the control animals that received no treatment. I suspect that the slightly elevated (but nowhere near 1 uM/L) concentrations of DHT that some studies have identified in people with "androgenic alopecia" may very well be adaptive, in response to the elevated estrogen/prolactin/cortisol levels in such people, and in no way prove that DHT is a cause of hair loss. The body, being much smarter than doctors give it credit for, may be simply trying to protect itself from estrogen/cortisol/prolactin by raising DHT levels. Oh, and one last thing. The mice that received topical DHT treatment were NOT castrated. So, the exogenous DHT treatment increased scalp DHT levels way above the physiological levels already present in those mice' scalps. That means even supraphysiological scalp levels of DHT promote hair growth instead of inhibiting it.
I think it is time that medicine owns up to its mistakes (and maybe even fraud?) and we end this charade that has resulted in not only lack of cures for hair loss but also ongoing usage of "chemical castration" drugs like finasteride/dutasteride by tens of millions of men around the world. Predictably, with abysmal results.

"...In our study, we found a similar phenomenon: when the DHT concentration decreased from 10-6 mol/L to 10-7 mol/L, the HFs grew much better than in the presence of higher DHT concentrations. In fact, the results suggest that an appropriate level of DHT is required for normal androgen-sensitive HF growth. Once the DHT concentration decreased from 10-7 mol/L to 10-8 mol/L, the HF growth rate showed no significant difference from that in the control group, which explains why beard growth is weaker in castrated males."
@haidut you may have already answered this question, but I didn't find the answer, see if you can help me find it.

Why do transsexuals who take hormone therapy to feminize usually observe the reversal of male pattern baldness?

I know they replace e2 and progesterone, in your opinion would progesterone be acting on the scalp or inhibiting estrogen?

BrianF

Haidut has previously posted studies showing topical progesterone as having positive effect on hairloss.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals