Hair Loss (AGA) And Low Blood Flow: What Everyone Gets Wrong

Kunstruct

Isolating prolactin increase only to masturbation is silly and misleading. It most likely stemmed from self-righteousness religious people with their hyper-moralistic judgments of a "natural" behavior. Prolactin is increased after orgasm [PERIOD]
Prolactin counters catecholemines of the pre-sexual release i.e. in the excited state and is proportional to the sense of excitement and satisfaction achieved. It's perfectly normal and that is within context. If you fear this natural response as if it's the boogeyman, then simple solution: don't have sex or masturbate.

I still look for people who masturbate or have sex to measure their prolactin after 24hour or 48hours.
In my case it was very low when tested. I will keep testing along the years anyway.
However "prolactin stays high for a long period after orgasm" spreads a bit too much like a gospel without personal testing it's literally not helping anyone in the community.

Unfortunately many people on the forum fight against Prolactin without even knowing their levels in any condition they are (after orgasm or month of doing nothing).
So many of the hormonal theories were not true on me at all, like the claim that high estradiol means high prolactin automatically, with two occasions I had very high estradiol and very low prolactin for example.

Last edited:

johnwester130

Good article from Rob at Perfect Hair Health.

Hair Loss (AGA) And Low Blood Flow: What Everyone Gets Wrong

Basically presents a counter to the mainstream view that reduced blood flow to the scalp only occurs after the hair stops growing in other words reduced blood flow is not causative but rather a secondary event.

He presents evidence that what actually occurs is a build up of scar tissue on the dermal and connective tissue sheaths of the hair follicle this causes a reduction in blood and this reduction in blood flow then causes the hair to shed. So reduced blood flow is the cause of hair loss but the way by which the blood flow is reduced makes it appear that it is not. Really you could say that scar tissue is the cause of hair loss because this leads to the reduced blood flow. Either way it is the reduction of blood through some means that results in the hair loss.

"Fascinatingly, we see scar tissue accumulation in two locations surrounding AGA hairs: the dermal and connective tissue sheaths. And in later stages, this scar tissue creeps up to the surface — known as perifollicular fibrosis — which creates the infamous “shine” of a decades-bald scalp."

"It’s most likely that the excess disorganized accumulation of mesodermal tissue (i.e., fibrosis) is what first signals an AGA hair to prematurely miniaturize… even if it’s still in its anagen phase.
Importantly, AGA-related scar tissue accumulation is chronic and progressive. Without serious intervention (i.e., removing whatever is causing the fibrosis), scar tissue continues to accumulate, leading to progressive hair follicle miniaturization — particularly the kind seen in AGA. And if enough scar tissue accumulates… hair can no longer grow."

Furthermore he states that this scar tissue is built up due to chronic inflammation and for most people this inflammation is due to chronic tension in the scalp. Anyone familiar with Rob's work knows that he regrew his hair using scalp massages and that he has a regime to do just that.

"The chronic, involuntary contraction of the muscles along the perimeter of our scalps.
In my interview with Dr. Freund (a hair loss researcher from the University of Toronto), he mentions that in men with AGA, the muscles surrounding the scalp are almost always chronically involuntarily contracted."

"And the craziest part? We can’t even tell it’s happening.
Interestingly, these muscles are connected to the underlying tissues at the tops of our scalps. So when the muscles contract, the tops of our scalps pull tightly (like a drum)."

"This causes two things to happen in AGA-prone scalp tissues: Blood flow reduces to balding regions Inflammation increases"

My questions after reading this article are aside from implementing the scalp massages that he recommends to reduce scalp tension, what else could be done to remove fibrosis and are there any peat methods, supplements or topicals that could be used to speed up the removal of fibrosis from the mesodermal tissue.

Obviously anything that helps with the removal of scar tissue could be beneficial. The things I am thinking of have been discussed many times on this forum in regards to the topic of hair loss;

Aspirin, caffeine, serotonin antagonists. There are a number of Idealabs supplements that come to mind, defibron for example.

To reduce muscles contracting due to scalp tension I was thinking of magnesium.

I am going to email/message Rob with a list of potential peat like supplements treatments and see what his opinion on them is for reducing scalp tension and fibrosis. Anyone with any ideas of certain things that I should include please let me know.

This man was using serrapeptase to reduce scar tissue

New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

yerrag

I'll put my 2 cents here. Been reading a lot lately more deeply into cause for hypertension. I had to because all the low-hanging fruits have been picked (e.g. K2 to improve elasticity of blood vessels, vitamin C and magnesium to chelate lead, etc. hawthorne, garlic, etc.). So now I'm deep into the immune system and my thoughts are on the effects of immune xomplexes, which I learn affect easily our joints, capillaries, and the kidneys. Immune complexes are formed from antigens and antibodies forming together into a complex. The complexes can be small, medium, and large complexes. The large ones are readily phcagocytized by macrophages, and the small ones readily get excreted and out of the system. The medium ones stay in the system and accumulate in the kidneys, capillaries, and joints. This makes sense to me as I have high blood pressure, arthritic knee pains, and thinning hair coming all together, although I would notice they are related much later, as these things creep up on us slowly.

Definitely, this situation would lead to low blood flow because the capillaries get plugged up with immune complexes. They are part of the plaque also that form on our blood vessels, but the effect of such blockage is felt in the smallest of blood vessels. I don't know about others, but for me the first indication of such a situation developing is a gradual steady increase in blood pressure. The increase in blood pressure is an adaptation to maintain blood flow. I have done nothing to lower my blood pressure, and this could be why I still have hair where hair supposed to be, although it is no longer as dense as it was before. It has not gotten shiny on me at the front nor at the monk's bald pate area.

I believe the dissolving the plaque would restore tissue oxygenation to the scalp and bring hair growth back. But this is no easy matter. I've tried massaging my scalp for a few months, and it may work for some. But it didn't work for me. I think there's just too much immune complexes (IC) to be able to dislodge. It's like shuffling a deck of cards, you still end up with the deck, no more no less. We also have to consider that the capillary that feeds the scalp are watershed capillaries (I believe) where return veins may just not be around, and that the return blood flow has to course through interstitially and return back through the lymphatic system. So the key here would be to dissolve effectively the IC matter along with whatever is in the plaque.

And we also have to consider the likelihood that there's a bacterial element to it which would involve some inflammation.

If I used a protease enzyme such as serrapeptase, it could lyse away the plaque, but if some bacteria is embedded in the plaque, it could be released and cause an inflammatory cascade. Even if the inflammatory cascade doesn't happen, then we have to consider how the lysed plaque could find its way out through the interstitial spaces and out through the lymphatic vessels. For that to happen, the release of plaque or ICs have to be very gentle and slow, and done over a long period of time. So, anyone thinking of having instant results should just give up trying. And anyone not patient enough would just quit early on.

I don't know what would be a good combination of substance to use, and what dosage would be suitable. I think a proteolytic enzyme is needed. It may not just be proteolytic as it must be able to lyse some fatty elements as well.

About the ICs, I think they're the scales I see in my seborrheic dermatitis. The good thing is that when I took doxycycline, my seborrheic dermatitis became dormant. This could confirm that there is an inflammatory bacterial component to my scalp condition, and that serrapeptase is not going to work just by itself. The good news though is that my ICs can find a way out through my scalp, and I don't have to worry about having it course through my lymphatic system to get it excreted.

For now, I think I could go with taking ZymEssence as its strength is not as strong as that of serrapeptase w/r to proteolytic ability, so its more gentle action can be more suitable, plus it has lipase to deal with the lipid components of plaque. And for the bacterial and inflammatory aspect, I may want to go with oral hydrogen peroxide as long term use is needed. I'm not sure about the anti-inflammatory aspect of it, but I'll have to consider adding an anti-inflammatory to it. Maybe aspirin will do?

Another thing I could add is some phytophenols, and I am considering astragalus, as this has been effective for improving kidneys, and I believe its the ICs on the kidneys it is effective in clearing out.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
This man was using serrapeptase to reduce scar tissue

New Dermaroller Study; Thoughts, comments?

That is interesting I briefly took a supplement that had serrapeptase, Nattokinase and a few other enzymes but I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it, I would get very flushed, hot and red. No issues breathing or anything, could have been that I was releasing stored up histamine.

johnwester130

I'll put my 2 cents here. Been reading a lot lately more deeply into cause for hypertension. I had to because all the low-hanging fruits have been picked (e.g. K2 to improve elasticity of blood vessels, vitamin C and magnesium to chelate lead, etc. hawthorne, garlic, etc.). So now I'm deep into the immune system and my thoughts are on the effects of immune xomplexes, which I learn affect easily our joints, capillaries, and the kidneys. Immune complexes are formed from antigens and antibodies forming together into a complex. The complexes can be small, medium, and large complexes. The large ones are readily phcagocytized by macrophages, and the small ones readily get excreted and out of the system. The medium ones stay in the system and accumulate in the kidneys, capillaries, and joints. This makes sense to me as I have high blood pressure, arthritic knee pains, and thinning hair coming all together, although I would notice they are related much later, as these things creep up on us slowly.

Definitely, this situation would lead to low blood flow because the capillaries get plugged up with immune complexes. They are part of the plaque also that form on our blood vessels, but the effect of such blockage is felt in the smallest of blood vessels. I don't know about others, but for me the first indication of such a situation developing is a gradual steady increase in blood pressure. The increase in blood pressure is an adaptation to maintain blood flow. I have done nothing to lower my blood pressure, and this could be why I still have hair where hair supposed to be, although it is no longer as dense as it was before. It has not gotten shiny on me at the front nor at the monk's bald pate area.

I believe the dissolving the plaque would restore tissue oxygenation to the scalp and bring hair growth back. But this is no easy matter. I've tried massaging my scalp for a few months, and it may work for some. But it didn't work for me. I think there's just too much immune complexes (IC) to be able to dislodge. It's like shuffling a deck of cards, you still end up with the deck, no more no less. We also have to consider that the capillary that feeds the scalp are watershed capillaries (I believe) where return veins may just not be around, and that the return blood flow has to course through interstitially and return back through the lymphatic system. So the key here would be to dissolve effectively the IC matter along with whatever is in the plaque.

And we also have to consider the likelihood that there's a bacterial element to it which would involve some inflammation.

If I used a protease enzyme such as serrapeptase, it could lyse away the plaque, but if some bacteria is embedded in the plaque, it could be released and cause an inflammatory cascade. Even if the inflammatory cascade doesn't happen, then we have to consider how the lysed plaque could find its way out through the interstitial spaces and out through the lymphatic vessels. For that to happen, the release of plaque or ICs have to be very gentle and slow, and done over a long period of time. So, anyone thinking of having instant results should just give up trying. And anyone not patient enough would just quit early on.

I don't know what would be a good combination of substance to use, and what dosage would be suitable. I think a proteolytic enzyme is needed. It may not just be proteolytic as it must be able to lyse some fatty elements as well.

About the ICs, I think they're the scales I see in my seborrheic dermatitis. The good thing is that when I took doxycycline, my seborrheic dermatitis became dormant. This could confirm that there is an inflammatory bacterial component to my scalp condition, and that serrapeptase is not going to work just by itself. The good news though is that my ICs can find a way out through my scalp, and I don't have to worry about having it course through my lymphatic system to get it excreted.

For now, I think I could go with taking ZymEssence as its strength is not as strong as that of serrapeptase w/r to proteolytic ability, so its more gentle action can be more suitable, plus it has lipase to deal with the lipid components of plaque. And for the bacterial and inflammatory aspect, I may want to go with oral hydrogen peroxide as long term use is needed. I'm not sure about the anti-inflammatory aspect of it, but I'll have to consider adding an anti-inflammatory to it. Maybe aspirin will do?

Another thing I could add is some phytophenols, and I am considering astragalus, as this has been effective for improving kidneys, and I believe its the ICs on the kidneys it is effective in clearing out.

i just use doctors best proteolytic enzymes

I still believe the cause of baldness is the clogging of arteries, and therefore less blood and nutrition reaches the follicle.

yerrag

I still believe the cause of baldness is the clogging of arteries, and therefore less blood and nutrition reaches the follicle.

It may still work. I believe I have more ICs involved. I think that as long as I have seborrheic dermatitis and the scales, it still means more hair can grow. Once no scales can form anymore, and the scalp becomes sclerodermic, hair won't grow anymore.

yerrag

Here is something that may help as I'm going to order it:

Dang Gui Bu Xue Wan - Tang Kwei & Astragalus Extract

Yes, TCM. It's got two ingredients - astragalus and angelica sinensis, also know as dong quai in Chinese. It is an old Chinese formula, but it's been studied in the West already, if you search Dang Gui Bu Xue Tang.

I didn't specifically look for this formula to improve on my hair, but to treat my hypertension, which is the result of my kidneys having immune complexes which causes macrophage infiltration,, and the macrophages produce cytokines that cause inflammation. But I thought to do a search on this formula with hair loss added to that search, and I came up with this:

11 Best Skin and Hair images | Health tonic, Chinese medicine, Herbalism

As I see it, this formula addresses the cause of my kidney problem - immune complexes. The immune complexes will also plug up the capillaries that feed the scalp, and will cause hair loss. On top of that, it also affects my knee joints, as immune complex tend to accumulate also in the joints. I also have some knee arthritic pain, although it's starting to go away.

Here is something to read on it:

Sci-Hub | Chinese Herbal Medicine in the Treatment of Chronic Kidney Disease. Advances in Chronic Kidney Disease, 12(3), 276–281 | 10.1016/j.ackd.2005.03.007
Sci-Hub | Treatment of Idiopathic Membranous Nephropathy With the Herb Astragalus membranaceus. American Journal of Kidney Diseases, 50(6), 1028–1032 | 10.1053/j.ajkd.2007.07.032

While my case does not apply to all, it is an example of how low blood flow can lead to hair loss. The production of immune complexes is one cause.

Note that the TCM formula can deal with the immune complexes, but to truly fix the cause, I still have to deal with the underlying cause of the production of immune complexes - bacterial infection.

Last edited:

Ableton

That is interesting I briefly took a supplement that had serrapeptase, Nattokinase and a few other enzymes but I seemed to have an allergic reaction to it, I would get very flushed, hot and red. No issues breathing or anything, could have been that I was releasing stored up histamine.
I imagine this could be why people including me start sneezing like crazy when dermarolling
Biofilm gets mechanically broken up and results in a histamine reaction ?!
Why else would people sneeze when dermarolling?

Ableton

I imagine this could be why people including me start sneezing like crazy when dermarolling

maybe topical enzymes after dermarolling would be really effective in completely breaking up bacteria...

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

Never thought of that.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I read that the sneezing is a nerve in the temple. Only happens when I rolled my right temple. And only sneeze once.

Yes that makes more sense to me than a histamine release

johnwester130

a better way to break down the topical fibrosis and scleroderma would be urea cream

it acts like a diurectic and also carbon dioxide

it's also in many beauty products

yerrag

a better way to break down the topical fibrosis and scleroderma would be urea cream

it acts like a diurectic and also carbon dioxide

it's also in many beauty products
I been thinking it's immune complexes (ICs) that's blocking the blood vessels or keeping nutrients from flowing into the follicular cells. And I was also thinking urea might be helpful in clearing out these ICs. I thought finally some good use for urea for internal use, as I've seen how effective topical urea use has been in cleaning up after decaying matter in wounds, and in so doing it has an antibiotic effect in that it deprives of food to grow and multiply on.

I was thinking that if urea can do the same thing, especially in clearing the ICs, hair would grow back. Perhaps the urea cream would be another way to get the same effect. Maybe better.

I would have to drink urine to take in urea as the urea is cleaner than the urea in the market (eg Health Natura and Lifegiving Store - USP grade but still has high lead levels).

And lastly, not only baldness can be fixed, but kidney problems caused by IC deposition (together with hypertension) and arthritis, where synovial fluids in joints are penetrated by ICs. Yes, it's a constellation of symptoms from IC deposition.

Inaut

I haven’t seen regrowth in temples so not a cure but I have notice a huge difference in hair texture and quality since adding a few drops of camphor to my vinegar hair rinse (half water half vinegar in a applicator bottle ). Just thought I’d post and sorry for detracting from @johnwester130 and @yerrag. I like this talk about urea topically. Along the lines of the old internet myth, usiing urine to restore hair.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals