Lymphodema Is The Real Cause Of MPB? Fibrosis/Calcification Further Downstream?

GorillaHead

So based on this Lymphedema theory. What’s the top 3 best solutions.

I am already on finasteride hair stopped failing. Some still growing back. No more acne. Libido is now normal rather than some insane horn dog that just was consumed by it.

So here is my take on this.

Lymphedema may or may not be the cause but judging by OP solid evidence to say it is

I see the reaction process like this

1. Unknown fibrosis cause (Lymphedema?)

2. Immune-reaction occurs

3. Cascade effect Up regulation in follicular dht

3. Calcification

4. Hair loss.

Heard of this drug called ketoprofen it was said to help with Lymphedemas.

Last edited:

Broken man

Travis theory about hairloss is connected to immune system too. I had small success with bromelain, threonine and inosine.

GorillaHead

Travis theory about hairloss is connected to immune system too. I had small success with bromelain, threonine and inosine.
Define small success. Bromelain is often suggested after surgery for swelling and bruising.

It would be nice if they could find a genetic phenotype for fibrosis that we could link to mpb that would be a huge support for the theory

Broken man

Define small success. Bromelain is often suggested after surgery for swelling and bruising.

It would be nice if they could find a genetic phenotype for fibrosis that we could link to mpb that would be a huge support for the theory
Its my fault that I dont have photos of myself but I bet you would be impressed, eventually some hair started to grow from my forehead. even its without color now, its good.

GorillaHead

Its my fault that I dont have photos of myself but I bet you would be impressed, eventually some hair started to grow from my forehead. even its without color now, its good.
Of the supplements u mentioned which one would you say was the most effective and did u take these orally?

Thanks

GorillaHead

That is hard to say, I used it because Travis recommended it to me to make my celiac disease better.

Well hope it helped with your celiac.

Now I am on a mission what 3 of those helped with hair or 2 of them or all three. I can’t seem to tag Travis in here

GorillaHead

lack of of lymph movement is interesting

i swam every day for nearly 12 years and while i was underweight and living on a diet of evils that gave me terrible skin and greasy scalp, my hair line was perfect. at 18 i went sedentary and for next 5-6 years it receded and diffused during a lifestyle of drugs and laziness - pretty much the perfect environment for stagnation. apparently, however, swimming and other aquatic sports are the best counter measure for lymphodema because the water pressure aids drainage by allowing normal musculature to relax during exercise.
Jason Statham was balding when he was on his swimming team days.

GorillaHead

I wanted to add I know believe in this being a major cause of inhibiting hair growth. Many people will take dutasteride and finasteride and still not regrow much hair. The moment they hop on spirolactone they start growing lots of hair. People think it’s because of the anti androgen aspect. But I disagree. It’s due to the diuretic effect and glucorticoid antagonism.

So lowering cortisol and maybe using healthy diuretics and increasing potassium consumption can def help regrow hair plus dermarolling to regrow hair

tallglass13

So based on this Lymphedema theory. What’s the top 3 best solutions.

I am already on finasteride hair stopped failing. Some still growing back. No more acne. Libido is now normal rather than some insane horn dog that just was consumed by it.

So here is my take on this.

Lymphedema may or may not be the cause but judging by OP solid evidence to say it is

I see the reaction process like this

1. Unknown fibrosis cause (Lymphedema?)

2. Immune-reaction occurs

3. Cascade effect Up regulation in follicular dht

3. Calcification

4. Hair loss.

Heard of this drug called ketoprofen it was said to help with Lymphedemas.
So by taking Finasteride you bind NADPH,this down 5ar enzyme, thus lowering DHT. DHT releases aldosterone. High DHT =high aldosterone. Finasteride lowers Aldosterone and nitric oxide. Aldosterone has been implicated in swelling the scalp by increasing body volume. Aldosterone is known by RP to cause fibrosis and calcification.
Finasteride is progesterone. Progesterone is known to lower aldosterone as well. It seems high DHT or scalp that accumulate DHT , which is aldosterone, causes this edema in the scalp, ultimately causing fibrosis. By taking fin, you are removing aldosterone from the scalp, adding progesterone to the system causing some relief of MPB.

GorillaHead

So by taking Finasteride you bind NADPH,this down 5ar enzyme, thus lowering DHT. DHT releases aldosterone. High DHT =high aldosterone. Finasteride lowers Aldosterone and nitric oxide. Aldosterone has been implicated in swelling the scalp by increasing body volume. Aldosterone is known by RP to cause fibrosis and calcification.
Finasteride is progesterone. Progesterone is known to lower aldosterone as well. It seems high DHT or scalp that accumulate DHT , which is aldosterone, causes this edema in the scalp, ultimately causing fibrosis. By taking fin, you are removing aldosterone from the scalp, adding progesterone to the system causing some relief of MPB.

Nice write up! So then ultimately I wonder if aldosterone inhibitor would be more effective than a dht inhibitor. I know spirolactone blocks it but doesn’t inhibit it. But it affects all othe male hormones very badly

Also high consumption of salt reduces aldosterone but doesn’t salt increase water retention

Last edited:

tallglass13

Spironolactone works as a potassium sparing diuretic , and opposes aldosterone. that is why is causes sexual sides , because by lowering aldosterone, it is lowering DHT. Topical spiro may have less sides hopefully, but topical progesterone may work as RP says.

tallglass13

I may start using progesterone more often. Right now I'm just using a scalp relaxer band that I made. I started dermarolling as well.

tallglass13

Cold , ice cold shower rinse on the head is important as well to keep swelling down. Once , when I was buying a bicycle helmet, the worker told me that the head swells during exercise, and to buy a helmet that fits a bit bigger to leave room for the swelling. I thought that was very interesting.

lampofred

Intracellular potassium is a mark of thyroid activity. Low CO2 puts calcium and sodium in the cell, whereas high CO2 puts magnesium and potassium in the cell. Cortisol is probably related to intracellular sodium.

GorillaHead

Cold , ice cold shower rinse on the head is important as well to keep swelling down. Once , when I was buying a bicycle helmet, the worker told me that the head swells during exercise, and to buy a helmet that fits a bit bigger to leave room for the swelling. I thought that was very interesting.

Oh that’s why cold showers work. Ohhh. This is good to know ! Probably should take cold showers after I workout. I’ll start doing small doses of topical progesterone on my temples while on fina. Working in reduces serotonin as well.

Intracellular potassium is a mark of thyroid activity. Low CO2 puts calcium and sodium in the cell, whereas high CO2 puts magnesium and potassium in the cell. Cortisol is probably related to intracellular sodium.

Another piece of the puzzle! Great info. What’s the most effective way you increased CO2

lampofred

Oh that’s why cold showers work. Ohhh. This is good to know ! Probably should take cold showers after I workout. I’ll start doing small doses of topical progesterone on my temples while on fina. Working in reduces serotonin as well.

Another piece of the puzzle! Great info. What’s the most effective way you increased CO2

Thyroid/coffee/glucose oxidation is how you produce CO2. Hypoventilation is how you prevent CO2 from leaving the body.

GorillaHead

Thyroid/coffee/glucose oxidation is how you produce CO2. Hypoventilation is how you prevent CO2 from leaving the body.
Great stuff. Thanks for all your help lampofred!

Will report back in a month or two after adjusting for this while on fin and dermarolling.

GorillaHead

Posted this in another sub

But I think this really outlines the issue very well

Androgen production causes dysregulation of sodium and potassium in the scalp possibly through androsterone Causing intercellular fluid swelling (edemas). This long term starts to lead to fibrosis and then boom hairloss.

Honestly I just had surgery recently and they constantly had drains to reduce fluid rentention and had me compress the area. To avoid fibrosis. (Scar tissue build up).
So it makes sense to me.

As for MpB The sides and and back probably drain better than the top and of the head due to gravity hence why they tend to hold on to hair better. The fibrosis probably occurs within the follicle somehow