Thiosulfate Promotes Hair Growth

whatever

Abstract

The present study describes the hair growth-promoting effects of sodium thiosulfate (STS), a widely used compound, in mice. STS accelerated hair growth in the "telogen model", suggesting that it stimulates telogen hair follicles to reenter the anagen phase of hairgrowth. In the same model, STS potentiated hair growth in an additive manner with minoxidil (MXD), a drug used for the treatment of androgenic alopecia. Furthermore, in the "anagen model", STS promoted hair growth, probably by promoting hair follicle proliferation. Since STS elevated the skin surface temperature, its hair growth-promoting activity may be partly due to vasorelaxation, similar to MXD. In addition, STS is known to generate a gaseous mediator, H2S, which has vasorelaxation and anti-inflammatory/anti-oxidative stress activities. Therefore, STS and/or provisionally its metabolite, H2S, may aid the hair growth process. Collectively, these results suggest that salts of thiosulfate may represent a novel and beneficial remedy for hair loss.

Calcification, inflammation, poor blood flow, Thiosulfate is calcium chelator, anti inflammatory, anti oxidative, vasorelaxant incrising blood flow, (STS elevated the skin surface temperature, its hair growth-promoting activity may be partly due to vasorelaxation)

I am thinking to make a 10% solution in 40% ethanol, the rest water, and apply it on the scalp... the only one thing that we have to see ... if is safe to apply it on the scalp for months ..

What do you think? We should give it a try .

Thiosulfate promotes hair growth in mouse model. - PubMed - NCBI

There is evidence that onion juice for example.. grows hair in alopecia... maybe because of the sulfurs that onions contains ..

About the safety of thiosulfate:

Evaluation of adverse effects:
To exclude the possibility that the external applica- tion of STS to the skin impairs systemic health, we measured the deep body temperature at week 14 in the telogen model by recording rectal temperature twice a day (at 09:00 and 15:00). No significant differences were seen between any of the treatment groups and the control group (Supplemental Table 10), thereby excluding potential noxious events, including inflammation via external STS treatments. Blood biochemistry data suggested no adverse effects of STS (Supplemental Table 11). Moreover, we found no structural abnormalities of the skin in the STS- treated groups of the anagen model by histological examination
Screen Shot 2018-10-28 at 1.18.18 PM.png

They say: Blood biochemistry data suggested no adverse effects of STS , but it's a clear increase of CPK Creatine phosphokinase , in blood , in STS model compared with Control model. Now, I don't know the possible effects of this increased CPK in humans , and possible side effects .

Last edited:

Inaut

Here is what Elephanto said about it:

If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

I'm not going to try it, personally.

JMO and Elephanto is far more of an authority here than me but even Ray says small amounts of STS can be helpful (mainly for endotoxin though). I'm doing a grain in a glass of water once a day. I like it so far and am not concerned about the negative effects at this dose.

"Aging, stress, and heavy consumption of alcohol increase the permeability of the intestine, causing increased absorption of microbial toxins. Laxatives, carrot fiber (not carrotjuice), activated charcoal, and a small amount of sodium thiosulfate decrease the formation and absorption of toxins, increasing the organism’s adaptive capacity.”

OP
whatever

whatever

JMO and Elephanto is far more of an authority here than me but even Ray says small amounts of STS can be helpful (mainly for endotoxin though). I'm doing a grain in a glass of water once a day. I like it so far and am not concerned about the negative effects at this dose.

"Aging, stress, and heavy consumption of alcohol increase the permeability of the intestine, causing increased absorption of microbial toxins. Laxatives, carrot fiber (not carrotjuice), activated charcoal, and a small amount of sodium thiosulfate decrease the formation and absorption of toxins, increasing the organism’s adaptive capacity.”

Do you plan to put it on the scalp too ?

LCohen

It only dissolves in water. I used for a while topically, it gave me little dandruff. It needs more practicing & long term usage.

But it was photo-grade. So I'm scared to take it orally even though it's a antidote. I would like to hear pharma/human grade results.

It's a powerful antioxidant. Chelates calcium, iron, chlorine even cyanide. It's structure is so Peaty.

I also use it on body. After dissolving in water I added DMSO, rub it on arms & chest. Gives a relaxed, lifted feeling.

Arrade

Very interesting. I'm not into experiementing right now but may be worth a shot, as many 'natural' reversers of mpb claim calcification as the true cause.

belcanto

So where do you get it? This sounds like it would be great for those little exostoses cropping up!

Grapelander

Grapelander

Detox Using Sodium Thiosulphate (STS)

Mix 5 grams (or 1 teaspoon) of Sodium Thiolsulphate with 3 oz water and drink. Chase with more water if necessary.
Recommended to add Vitamin C to add immune support.

This recipe is primarily intended to clean out the buildup that has accumulated around the intestinal lining.

Other known benefits include: anti-aging effect, anti-fungal, anti-parasitical, detoxifier, removes Calcium deposits, and can be used for arsenic, cyanide and copper poisoning. Topically, can be mixed with Aspirin to treat lesions and sores.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals