Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth Without Toxic Signs

lampofred

Peppermint is not estrogenic. It's anti androgenic the way progesterone is anti androgenic.

czecha

Wouldn’t it be nice if androgenic substances were regrowing hair instead? Lol

mrchibbs

Wouldn’t it be nice if androgenic substances were regrowing hair instead? Lol

Well topical testosterone was shown to regrow hair in the sixties. I'm sure if there were actual studies on topical DHT it would regrow hair as well. Valerie Randall wrote somewhere that in her experiments with DHT on the scalp it led to regrowth, but I haven't been able to find the source again (no wonder) Anyway, this type of research is just not likely to happen with the dogmatic mindset of academic researchers. Androgens have been demonized for several decades, so our best hope is independent researchers like @haidut

czecha

Well topical testosterone was shown to regrow hair in the sixties. I'm sure if there were actual studies on topical DHT it would regrow hair as well. Valerie Randall wrote somewhere that in her experiments with DHT on the scalp it led to regrowth, but I haven't been able to find the source again (no wonder) Anyway, this type of research is just not likely to happen with the dogmatic mindset of academic researchers. Androgens have been demonized for several decades, so our best hope is independent researchers like @haidut
Whats your take on hair pigmentation and hormones?
While my scalp hair was light blonde in my teens and is now dark blonde, my beard and body hair that I got in my teens and after are black.
I believe androgens can grow androgenic hair. Can we grow androgenic hair on our scalp, and replace non androgenic hair (the vanishing remains of my childhood) into beard like black hair?
Estrogens and progestins is what keeps my blonde hair (and reduces androgenic body hair and beard)

mrchibbs

I think hair colour should normally darken with maturation, and especially nutritional/mineral deficiencies can be the cause for light blonde hair, and has been known to become darker with zinc supplementation or better diet involving shellfish and liver. Moreover, copper, thyroid, vitamin D3 and DHEA all seem to contribute to darker pigment.

Regarding pigmentation of body hair, especially when it happens after/during a period of stress post puberty, is a sign of an excess of adrenal DHEA which is upregulated to protect against the catabolic effects of cortisol. DHEA is preferentially converted to DHT in the skin, which turns vellus body hair into dark, terminal hair. It's not a great sign, especially when the pigmented hair shows up on the shoulders, back, thighs, belly etc. I think healthiest people only have armpit and pubic hair.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals