CAPILIA LONGA For Hair Growth (derived From Turmeric)

Soren

Forum Supporter
Just came across this online, couldn't find it previously discussed on the forums. It is an extract from turmeric that claims to have similar effects to Minoxidil but without any of the nasty side-effects. I copied and pasted basically the entire article :laughing:

Vytrus Biotech unveils Capilia Longa – the hair 3D Bio-printer

"CAPILIA LONGA PPF is able to produce an epigenetic reset of the hair bulb, reactivating the activity of these latent dermal papilla cells and promoting the hair follicle regeneration to create new hair."

N VITRO EFFICACY
(To measure ability of ingredient to activate proliferation and release of key growth factors)

1. Induction of Dermal Papilla cells Proliferation.
F_45788.jpg

• Human Fibroblasts Dermal Papilla Cells (HFDPC)
  • 48 hours of incubation with the product
  • Measurement of incorporation of Bromodeoxiuridine (BrdU) in the DNA of HFDPC through an Immunocto-chemical assay
  • The levels of fluorescence intensity indicate the Proliferation Index of HFDPC compared to Not treated Cells in Basal Medium.
The results show up to 177% of Proliferation Index (compared to Not Treated cells), showing a Higher effect that other Growth Factors (HGF, FGF, VEGF, IGF-1) and even higher than Minoxidil (169%).

2. Induction of Insulin Growth Factor (IGF-1) Production from Dermal Papilla Cells
F_45789.jpg

• 24-48h of incubation with the product
  • Quantification of IGF-1 levels from the supernatants by ELISA
  • Production Index results compared to Not treated Cells in Basal Medium
Up to 115% of Production Index (compared to Not Treated cells) from the HFDPC, showing a faster activity than Minoxidil (36%).

3. Modulation of miRNA22 and miRNA33 expression levels from Derma Papilla Cells
F_45790.JPG

F_45791.jpg

• 24h of incubation with the product
  • Quantification of miRNA levels from HFDPC supernatants through qPCR
  • Analysis of raw data by PfaffI method where the expression of each gene is compared with a control gen Actin (housekeeping gene)
  • Production Index results compared to Not treated Cells in Basal Medium
Up to 6,3 times miRNA-31 Expression Stimulation (compared to Control)

Up to 40% miRNA-22 Expression Index Reduction (compared to Control)

IN VIVO EFFICACY
F_45787.jpg

Panel of 40 volunteers

• Showing Hair Loss (A/T<4)
  • Different etiologies*
  • Men: grade Hamilton II-IV
  • Women: grade Ludwig I-II
  • 18-60 years old
  • 1% dosage
  • 1 application/day on the scalp
  • Double blind assay. 45 - 90 - 150 days.
    * Male and Female androgenetic alopecia, seasonal alopecia, diffuse alopecia, Hair loss due to technical processes, fragility, menopause.

Measurement of:
    • Hair loss reduction (combing test)
    • Hair density increase (general aspect and TrichoScan microphotographies)
    • Rebalancing the hair growth cycle (Trichogram A/T analysis)

The results show:

Up to 89 % hair loss reduction after 150 days (average: 57 %)

Up to 52 % hair density increase after 150 days (average: 17 %, i.e. 13500 new hairs)

27 % increase of A/T ratio after 150 days

Improvement of hair anchoring and general hair strengthening.

F_45793.jpg

Formulation: Water and ethanol soluble. Incorporation during the cooling phase (<40ºC

Dossage: Suggested use level: 0,5 -2%

Declarations: Free of GMO, BSE, listed CMR, VOC, heavy materials, listed allergens, parabens, phenoxyethanol, aflatoxins, pesticides and contaminant.

INCI: Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Callus Conditioned Media

Elephanto

I observed that few older women (50+ years old) have very thick hair with a nice texture/quality but the few I've noticed were usually Indian women. I thought it was mainly from Turmeric's anti-estrogenic effect as not many cultures heavily use an anti-estrogenic substance in their staple diet. They also use coconut oil as an hair conditioner which makes hair very luscious and nice.

Hairfedup

So uhhh...when will this be made available to the public? Turmeric is great, but never saved my hair as part of my staple diet since childhood.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
So uhhh...when will this be made available to the public? Turmeric is great, but never saved my hair as part of my staple diet since childhood.

I've seen one product that contains it. Its in a serum that is supposed to help with beard growth. Company is Copenhagen grooming.

dreamcatcher

I observed that few older women (50+ years old) have very thick hair with a nice texture/quality but the few I've noticed were usually Indian women. I thought it was mainly from Turmeric's anti-estrogenic effect as not many cultures heavily use an anti-estrogenic substance in their staple diet. They also use coconut oil as an hair conditioner which makes hair very luscious and nice.
Many older Indian women experience hair thinning. I observed it in India..

Elephanto

Many older Indian women experience hair thinning. I observed it in India..
It's expected as most old women experience it, I just observed that the only old women I see here that have very thick and healthy hair have been Indians. Also in documentaries, I observed that less Indian men (under 40 years old) experience hair loss than western ones, did you find that true ?

dreamcatcher

It's expected as most old women experience it, I just observed that the only old women I see here that have very thick and healthy hair have been Indians. Also in documentaries, I observed that less Indian men (under 40 years old) experience hair loss than western ones, did you find that true ?
Well yeah..many follow an Ayurvedic lifestyle.

mangoes

I’d love to see some of the before/afters of androgenetic alopecia like they indicate in the article. The pic attached is clearly a diffuse thinner. It’s good regrowth but I’ve seen plenty of pics like it before

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

Was going to buy it too however the beard growth serum has the ingredient arginine which is not highly regarded on this forum or by Ray Peat. Maybe i'll get and just use it for beard growth. My beard is terrible/non-existent.

Also the dermaroller is ok but it is inferior when compared to a dermapen such as the derminator. Moves fast enough that it does not tear the skin like a dermaroller does.

Luk3

Was going to buy it too however the beard growth serum has the ingredient arginine which is not highly regarded on this forum or by Ray Peat. Maybe i'll get and just use it for beard growth. My beard is terrible/non-existent.

Also the dermaroller is ok but it is inferior when compared to a dermapen such as the derminator. Moves fast enough that it does not tear the skin like a dermaroller does.
They’re charging €49 just for the dermaroller :tearsofjoy:

Arrade

My friend was taking turmeric for hypothyroid effects and warned of anti-androgen feelings. I think it reduces 5ar.
I kind of feel the same way taking curcumin

Arrade

There are also dermastamps that are the same cost as rollers, personally I would never buy a roller again.

Turmeric eaten in a meal, is not the same as ingesting a separate bioboosted and absorption enhanced turmeric extract.
You will need to eat more than 8 grams of turmeric in fat in a prepared meal to have any minimal effects.

GAF

I realize the product is a little pricey and has arginine. That is why I reported here that I ordered it. I don't mind being a test dummy and if it doesn't work and is crap, I will let you know. If it DOES work on me, at age 62, it should be much more effective on you younger peoples. My beard is pretty good. Not super bushy but it is full and not scraggly. My mpb is another matter. Sides and back are full but top is pretty much a desert. My theory on mpb is that is blood flow and something restricts the blood flow, whether it be temporal arteritis or shape of head or bad metabolism. The top of head basically loses its fatty epidermal layers so that there is nothing there but skin and bone. All you have to do is feel the difference between the top on my head and the side and you can feel the sides are soft and mushy and the top is a rock pile.

Anyway, should be here is a few days and I will give it a shot on cheeks and noggin. I will post pics if it starts working and I have lots of pics on facebook from years back for you skeptics, like me.

btw...I tried curcumin a few times and every time it made my ICBM go flop. I will be watching for that effect.

Arrade

I realize the product is a little pricey and has arginine. That is why I reported here that I ordered it. I don't mind being a test dummy and if it doesn't work and is crap, I will let you know. If it DOES work on me, at age 62, it should be much more effective on you younger peoples. My beard is pretty good. Not super bushy but it is full and not scraggly. My mpb is another matter. Sides and back are full but top is pretty much a desert. My theory on mpb is that is blood flow and something restricts the blood flow, whether it be temporal arteritis or shape of head or bad metabolism. The top of head basically loses its fatty epidermal layers so that there is nothing there but skin and bone. All you have to do is feel the difference between the top on my head and the side and you can feel the sides are soft and mushy and the top is a rock pile.

Anyway, should be here is a few days and I will give it a shot on cheeks and noggin. I will post pics if it starts working and I have lots of pics on facebook from years back for you skeptics, like me.

btw...I tried curcumin a few times and every time it made my ICBM go flop. I will be watching for that effect.
@GAF if it's calcification of the scalp (which this condition causes hardened arteries) then I welcome you to try this protocol.
Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic...

Danny Roddy on Twitter
Danny Roddy has now been on this train of thought.

If you scalp is hard I venture it is the result of calcium deposits, or it is fibrosis. For Fibrosis Taurine is known to be effective, and safe to use at 3 grams a day.

Arrade

I don't know if I wrote this already but I had a friend using turmeric for thyroid supplementation and said it felt anti-androgenic.
Often the case is things like coconut oil remove the 5ar enzyme and that's why they are good for hairloss.

I don't know enough to be certain but I would watch out for anti-androgen issues with this.

I don't know if I wrote this already but I had a friend using turmeric for thyroid supplementation and said it felt anti-androgenic.
Often the case is things like coconut oil remove the 5ar enzyme and that's why they are good for hairloss.

I don't know enough to be certain but I would watch out for anti-androgen issues with this.
coconut oil does not "remove" 5AR enzyme, it is relatively weak, stored PUFA release is magnitudes higher in inhibiting 5AR.
And 5AR inhibitors are not stopping hairloss, coz DHT in the scalp is not the cause, its a symptom. It is the progesterone metabolism blocking like effects of 5AR inhibitors like finasteride that can give hair growth.

Arrade

coconut oil does not "remove" 5AR enzyme, it is relatively weak, stored PUFA release is magnitudes higher in inhibiting 5AR.
And 5AR inhibitors are not stopping hairloss, coz DHT in the scalp is not the cause, its a symptom. It is the progesterone metabolism blocking like effects of 5AR inhibitors like finasteride that can give hair growth.
What do you mean it’s a symptom? Are you saying the DHT has no effect?

My experience comes from topical use of coconut going straight into the blood stream, I’m not sure it’s effects taken orally

“It’s the stored PUFA, released by stress or hunger, that slow metabolism. Niacinamide helps to lower free fatty acids, and good nutrition will allow the liver to slowly detoxify the PUFA, if it isn’t being flooded with large amounts of them. A small amount of coconut oil with each meal will increase the ability to oxidize fat, by momentarily stopping the antithyroid effect of the PUFA. Aspirin is another thing that reduces the stress-related increase of free fatty acids, stimulating metabolism. Taking a thyroid supplement is reasonable until the ratio of saturated fats to PUFA is about 2 to 1.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals