Hair Loss: Scalp Massage, Aspirin And Prostaglandins

johnwester130

Significant growth that other people would notice or just enough to keep consistent with the regimen for now?

I take pictures of my hair once a month.

If you want my progress pictures I will upload them, people may be pleasantly surprised.

I've given up using everything,
including DHT blockers,
lasers,
mitochondrial enhancers,
massage techniques,
calcification products
and about 20 other things that never worked.

brix

If you want my progress pictures I will upload them, people may be pleasantly surprised.

including DHT blockers,
lasers,
mitochondrial enhancers,
massage techniques,
calcification products

would like to see the photos

JDreamer

including DHT blockers,
lasers,
mitochondrial enhancers,
massage techniques,
calcification products

Pictures lend more to belief - just the nature of things.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
using a prostaglandin product

I thought from a raypeat perspective prostaglandins were viewed as pretty bad. I have seen a guy called swisstemples who used PGE2 to help regrow his hair but he was using lots of other techniques including derma-needling, hypoxia of the scalp, UVB light etc. He definitely got results and they were impressive.

However, I could not find any concrete evidence that PGE2 or prostaglandins helped hair growth. To me they looked like a side effect of acute inflammation which has been shown to lead to cellular repair and regeneration. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that PGE2 increases hair growth but I would be very cautious as prostaglandins can be pretty bad.

For example check out this study that Haidut posted
Endotoxin (LPS) Is A Probable Cause For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS / ME)

JDreamer

I thought from a raypeat perspective prostaglandins were viewed as pretty bad. I have seen a guy called swisstemples who used PGE2 to help regrow his hair but he was using lots of other techniques including derma-needling, hypoxia of the scalp, UVB light etc. He definitely got results and they were impressive.

However, I could not find any concrete evidence that PGE2 or prostaglandins helped hair growth. To me they looked like a side effect of acute inflammation which has been shown to lead to cellular repair and regeneration. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence that PGE2 increases hair growth but I would be very cautious as prostaglandins can be pretty bad.

For example check out this study that Haidut posted
Endotoxin (LPS) Is A Probable Cause For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS / ME)

The problem with SwissTemples is a lot of the supplements require group buys. The second thing is nobody has seen whether or not those hairs on his temples actually went terminal and grew out since the time his regimen hit the web.

m_arch

The problem with SwissTemples is a lot of the supplements require group buys. The second thing is nobody has seen whether or not those hairs on his temples actually went terminal and grew out since the time his regimen hit the web.
he hasn't updated his site in a long time has he?

m_arch

FYI everyone, i've been doing the massage from Regrow Your Hair, Naturally for about 5 months now. i've seen some regrowth, and my scalp generally feels looser and healthier. its not perfect yet, but you're supposed to massage for 10 months at twice the intensity I am, so...

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
An update on my progress. About 6 1/2 months into the scalp massages and there continues to be progress. The past 2 months or so I have not been consistent enough with them, lots of days where I only do one massage instead of two. However in spite of that my scalp elasticity continues to improve.

Since I stopped the presses and only kept doing the stretches and the pinches the hair loss that I had been experiencing on my vertex seems to have stabilised and actually looks as if it is improving. I think that I had been overdoing it with the presses because when I did the stretches in order to get any grip on my scalp to stretch it I had to press down pretty hard, so the stretches became both presses and stretches which I think overworked the scalp.

Things to note.

1) Still have lots of dandruff, before I started doing these massages I don't recall every having a problem with dandruff. I believe this is a good sign as Rob has mentioned in his book that this is a common occurrence with the massages. Also when ever I have done a massage and run a brush through my hair to remove the dandruff, my hair looks fuller and feels better. It's as if the hair was being held down under layers of dandruff.

2) On a related note whenever I sweat or have a shower there is a thick layer of buildup on my scalp that I can scrape off that I don't recall every being an issue before I started these massages. Maybe it was there before but I just never noticed it. I think this is probably just the exact same thing as dandruff it just has a different consistency when wet. Again once it is removed my hair looks a lot more full and less thin in the problem areas.

3) I've recently started using Sol-Ban on occasion but not daily to protect my scalp from the sun. I know there is some discussion that this can be beneficial for hair because of the Aspirin and Caffeine, but I am concerned about the Niacinamide as I have heard some people say that this made their hairloss worse. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

4) Whenever I shampoo my hair (which is only when I get a haircut so once every couple of months), my scalp tends to break out with blemishes in a few places. This also happens when I don't have enough vitamin A for too long. Not entirely sure what this is an indication of, just wanted to mention it in case others have had a similar experience. I've used melanon on these blemishes and it helps a lot.

5) I've also started using a laser helmet on my head again which I hadn't used for about 6 months and I think this is also helping.

6) Today I used melanon on the problem areas to see if it will help with hair loss. I think I will use this once a week and see if it has any bennefit. There is some research to say that the ingredients in melanon; apigenin and naringenin may help with hair loss. Danny roddy talks about this partially in this article,
The Mysterious Conductor of the Hair Cycle Clock.

So in summary, scalp elasticity continues to improve. Lots of vellus hairs on the temples with a few terminal hairs. Vertex appears to have stabilised and may even be progressing. Still have a long way to go as with the massages it is said that real regrowth does not start until about the 10th month. Which I think is purely because for most people it takes this long for the scalp structure to change.

Will give an update again when I feel there has been any more measurable change.

m_arch

Since I stopped the presses and only kept doing the stretches and the pinches the hair loss that I had been experiencing on my vertex seems to have stabilised and actually looks as if it is improving. I think that I had been overdoing it with the presses because when I did the stretches in order to get any grip on my scalp to stretch it I had to press down pretty hard, so the stretches became both presses and stretches which I think overworked the scalp.

Things to note.

1) Still have lots of dandruff, before I started doing these massages I don't recall every having a problem with dandruff. I believe this is a good sign as Rob has mentioned in his book that this is a common occurrence with the massages. Also when ever I have done a massage and run a brush through my hair to remove the dandruff, my hair looks fuller and feels better. It's as if the hair was being held down under layers of dandruff.

2) On a related note whenever I sweat or have a shower there is a thick layer of buildup on my scalp that I can scrape off that I don't recall every being an issue before I started these massages. Maybe it was there before but I just never noticed it. I think this is probably just the exact same thing as dandruff it just has a different consistency when wet. Again once it is removed my hair looks a lot more full and less thin in the problem areas.

3) I've recently started using Sol-Ban on occasion but not daily to protect my scalp from the sun. I know there is some discussion that this can be beneficial for hair because of the Aspirin and Caffeine, but I am concerned about the Niacinamide as I have heard some people say that this made their hairloss worse. Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this.

4) Whenever I shampoo my hair (which is only when I get a haircut so once every couple of months), my scalp tends to break out with blemishes in a few places. This also happens when I don't have enough vitamin A for too long. Not entirely sure what this is an indication of, just wanted to mention it in case others have had a similar experience. I've used melanon on these blemishes and it helps a lot.

5) I've also started using a laser helmet on my head again which I hadn't used for about 6 months and I think this is also helping.

6) Today I used melanon on the problem areas to see if it will help with hair loss. I think I will use this once a week and see if it has any bennefit. There is some research to say that the ingredients in melanon; apigenin and naringenin may help with hair loss. Danny roddy talks about this partially in this article,
The Mysterious Conductor of the Hair Cycle Clock.

So in summary, scalp elasticity continues to improve. Lots of vellus hairs on the temples with a few terminal hairs. Vertex appears to have stabilised and may even be progressing. Still have a long way to go as with the massages it is said that real regrowth does not start until about the 10th month. Which I think is purely because for most people it takes this long for the scalp structure to change.

Will give an update again when I feel there has been any more measurable change.

I've only been doing it once a day myself -I do the top of the head (crown area all the way to the front). In the video rob said to break it up into 3 groups, back and sides, crown, and front area. Using my method, if I do the 'top' of the head more than once a day, I get this feeling that it is being overworked too and the hair feels weaker.

I had really bad dandruff too for the first month or two (as well as a thick layer of oil and other gunk). Come month three, I stopped shampooing (and even finding the need for it). Previously I had tried not shampooing, but it would get too oily. Its like i've squeezed all the excess oil out now. If it ever feels somewhat oily, I just rinse it in hot water in a bath. Usually general showering once or twice a day is fine.

How far along was your balding before you started the massages? I had temple recession and generally a bit thinner at the front - but my overall scalp was also really difficult to move, like yours it is now a lot more elastic. I also have new hairs sprouting up along my hairline (they are shorter than the rest so easily stand out). I think it has been helping adding some tallow onto my temples and hairline at night.

Another member came up with this idea (maybe it was you?) that the temples are thin and pliable, like they've lost their fat from the scalp to grow out of... thus adding some back in might help. Rob also talks about this in his book, especially for diffuse baldness. Seems to be working somewhat. I make sure not to overdue it though, i.e.I put it on at night before bed and you don't notice the hair looking oily or anything in the morning.

zztr

I haven't had any notable hairline recession but I've been doing the scalp pinching stuff over the last half year anyway. There were clearly "tight" places in the traditional male pattern baldness areas. I have broken them down and the skin is now thinner and more elastic again.

What I've not seen mentioned by anyone else is I developed scab like plaques that took a week or more to heal. There'd be lesion-like sores along my hairline from these massages. Definitely not direct damage; they'd form a few days after. I would peel off the scab like layers in the shower. Viral activation? A normal healing process? I've no idea.

Anyway, glad I learned of this technique. I strongly suspect I bought my hairline an extra ten years or so.

m_arch

I haven't had any notable hairline recession but I've been doing the scalp pinching stuff over the last half year anyway. There were clearly "tight" places in the traditional male pattern baldness areas. I have broken them down and the skin is now thinner and more elastic again.

What I've not seen mentioned by anyone else is I developed scab like plaques that took a week or more to heal. There'd be lesion-like sores along my hairline from these massages. Definitely not direct damage; they'd form a few days after. I would peel off the scab like layers in the shower. Viral activation? A normal healing process? I've no idea.

Anyway, glad I learned of this technique. I strongly suspect I bought my hairline an extra ten years or so.
JD Moyer coined 'adult cradle cap' - although i did not experience this, i experienced more excess oil and dandruff.

zztr

Definitely not like cradle-cap in my case. These are more like psoriasis lesions.

Also, there has been a decent amount of pain following the massages. I could literally feel circulation being restored and I guess nerve endings rewiring. I wonder if a lot of people posting about scalp pain and itch are actually in the process of healing, but mistake the sensation for damage.

Last edited:
OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter

I developed the same thing but on my vertex. I also find this tends to happen after I shampoo my hair. I usually just stick to water and shampoo my hair once every couple of months but for a couple of weeks afterwards my scalp will break out in a very similar way to what you're describing. I think its because shampoo disrupts the environment of the scalp in a similar way to massaging. When we massage the scalp in can lead to an increase in sebum and when we shampoo our scalps tend to overproduce oil to compensate for the fact that all the oil has been removed. I think this is what expliains the plaques and sores.

Peat has said that soap and shampoo even the most natural kind is an endocrine disruptor.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals