Scalp

MattJacko

Hi guys,

I have a very noticeable sensation on my scalp that almost feels like when your arm falls asleep and starts tingling. I am 27 and have been experiencing hair loss for about 6 years now.

It is incredibly surprising to me that I can’t find any info on this tingling sensation as it is so overwhelmingly prevalent to me. It occurs on the front part of the scalp and the top of my head (areas where the hair loss is most prevalent)

I have hypothesized that this actually could be the exact same response as when an arm falls asleep and starts tingling and triggers the hair loss.

I am 5’ 9”, 160lbs, in good shape, good health, and regularly work out. I consume under 5g of PUFA daily. I will attach snippets from my Cronometer for more context.

If anyone has any thoughts, comments, or anecdotes it would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 25DF94E9-EDB7-4113-8AA0-EE9B581818BB.png
    25DF94E9-EDB7-4113-8AA0-EE9B581818BB.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 39
  • AF585BAD-E3C6-4C91-BFEC-E3D971AF82BD.png
    AF585BAD-E3C6-4C91-BFEC-E3D971AF82BD.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 36

Peatful

I had this.

What’s your daily caloric intake?
Lab values for TSH, prolactin, cholesterols, Vitamin D please...

redsun

Hi guys,

I have a very noticeable sensation on my scalp that almost feels like when your arm falls asleep and starts tingling. I am 27 and have been experiencing hair loss for about 6 years now.

It is incredibly surprising to me that I can’t find any info on this tingling sensation as it is so overwhelmingly prevalent to me. It occurs on the front part of the scalp and the top of my head (areas where the hair loss is most prevalent)

I have hypothesized that this actually could be the exact same response as when an arm falls asleep and starts tingling and triggers the hair loss.

I am 5’ 9”, 160lbs, in good shape, good health, and regularly work out. I consume under 5g of PUFA daily. I will attach snippets from my Cronometer for more context.

If anyone has any thoughts, comments, or anecdotes it would be greatly appreciated

Where you getting all that folate from?

Motif

Iron / ferritin would be interesting
I had this.

Lab values for TSH, prolactin, cholesterols, Vitamin D please..

My scalp issues have something to do with trace minerals. They kind of all help me. (Boron manganese zinc copper selenium mostly).

I’m copper deficient and was zinc deficient, but last blood test for zinc was good, but let’s see what the next one is looking like that I’m having soon.
I was never able to raise my copper btw and I really think this is my root cause.
But no idea how to fix that.

Motif

I had this.

Lab values for TSH, prolactin, cholesterols, Vitamin D please..

My scalp issues have something to do with trace minerals. They kind of all help me. (Boron manganese zinc copper selenium mostly).

I’m copper deficient and was zinc deficient, but last blood test for zinc was good, but let’s see what the next one is looking like that I’m having soon.
I was never able to raise my copper btw and I really think this is my root cause.

OP
M

MattJacko

I had this.

Lab values for TSH, prolactin, cholesterols, Vitamin D please...
Daily calories hover around 3,000
I had this.

Lab values for TSH, prolactin, cholesterols, Vitamin D

Attachments

• BFF70DAF-B780-412B-BFAD-7051F9F32A0A.jpeg
    BFF70DAF-B780-412B-BFAD-7051F9F32A0A.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 29
OP
M

MattJacko

Where you getting all that folate from?
Mostly from fortified foods such as bagels and pasta. A lot of my vitamins/minerals come from a protein supplement I take after the gym I will attach below

Attachments

• 68B6C9DC-3D19-4AE6-91EC-2EF14AC7D2DB.png
    68B6C9DC-3D19-4AE6-91EC-2EF14AC7D2DB.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
M

MattJacko

Could you share what you eat?
Mostly eat beef with jasmine rice, milk, cranberry or apple or orange juice, milk, ice cream and pasta. I attach below the protein supplement I take after the gym

Attachments

• 302FCE8F-2931-4E4B-BE89-8E65BD61EBC5.png
    302FCE8F-2931-4E4B-BE89-8E65BD61EBC5.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 15
OP
M

MattJacko

Beef liver perhaps?

Peatful

Daily calories hover around 3,000
Ok. Thank you.

Anything pop out for you?
What do you see?

Not trying to test you- but I believe most people kind of know intuitively whats wrong- sometimes they just need the simplicity of the data in front of them.
Would like to hear your thoughts.

OP
M

MattJacko

Ok. Thank you.

Anything pop out for you?
What do you see?

Not trying to test you- but I believe most people kind of know intuitively whats wrong- sometimes they just need the simplicity of the data in front of them.
Would like to hear your thoughts.
I do not...?

might be a little ignorant here, care to elaborate?

Peatful

I do not...?

might be a little ignorant here, care to elaborate?
Sure-

your cholesterol and your TSH are going up

for your activity level- or level of “stress” - you’re not meeting your metabolic needs

you’re not far off- maybe up it 200 calories to 600 more calories- and possibly consider giving your body a rest and recovery time- a respite from working out

the tingling in the scalp and subsequent hair loss is your body not meeting its demands- and focusing on more important metabolic needs- like glucose to your brain

Peatful

Wouldn’t let me edit above-

Attachments

• BAFE97EA-F3BF-4FDD-A054-34A68CAC8D50.png
    BAFE97EA-F3BF-4FDD-A054-34A68CAC8D50.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 24

lampofred

I think low blood sugar can do that. Falling blood sugar liberates stored PUFA and triggers the release of adrenaline and histamine, and histamine can cause the tingling, sometimes itchy, sensation. What times does it happen? Is it more often after exertion or at night and less often after meals/sugar+sat fat intake?

OP
M

MattJacko

Wouldn’t let me edit above-
Thank you for the advise! Also worth noting I went “carnivore” for about 3 months for some point during that data set which may have skewed cholesterol...but that was over a year ago now.

more calories and more carbs sounds like a great suggestion thought, thank you

OP
M

MattJacko

I think low blood sugar can do that. Falling blood sugar liberates stored PUFA and triggers the release of adrenaline and histamine, and histamine can cause the tingling, sometimes itchy, sensation. What times does it happen? Is it more often after exertion or at night and less often after meals/sugar+sat fat intake?
Primarily this occurs at night...I can hardly even notice it when at the gym or doing physical activity

Peatful

Thank you for the advise! Also worth noting I went “carnivore” for about 3 months for some point during that data set which may have skewed cholesterol...but that was over a year ago now.

more calories and more carbs sounds like a great suggestion thought, thank you
Actually- that answers a lot regarding metabolic stress I was eluding too.
Best to you. You’ll recover nicely since it was only three months. Just be consistent with more calories. More rest. And steady BS while including more carbs.

OP
M

MattJacko

Actually- that answers a lot regarding metabolic stress I was eluding too.
Best to you. You’ll recover nicely since it was only three months. Just be consistent with more calories. More rest. And steady BS while including more carbs.
Thank you, and just for clarification...what does BS stand for?

Peatful

Blood sugar

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals