Can't Get Dandruff/Dry Scalp/Itchy Scalp Under Control

chimp

Hello everyone, I've tried more things than I can count. I am currently using a beef tallow shampoo, most shampoos will make my scalp worse but nothing seems to make it better. I have to wash my hair everyday to get it somewhat under control. If I don't wash my hair daily the buildup gets pretty bad. Diet consists mostly of fruits, carrot salad, beef, beef broth, white rice, dairy. I am running out of solutions and would love any help y'all can give. Below is a list of some solutions I have tried. When I was younger I used head and shoulders (zinc pyrithione) shampoo for many years and never had any issues with dandruff. I have tried multiple times switching to a zinc shampoo again but it just makes it worse, maybe I just need to stick it out for a few weeks. I feel I have some strange hybrid of dry scalp and dandruff. If I don't apply aloe vera or mct oil after a shower, then a few hours later my scalp will begin itching. I also get major hair loss when I get dandruff.

-Liver seems to make my dry scalp worse.
-Many different types of anti dandruff shampoos which just make the dryness worse
-Oral Vitamin E
-Oral Niacinamide
-More sunlight/sweating outdoors (somewhat helps)
-Vit K
-Topical Aloe Vera (helped for a few days)
-Topical MCT Oil
-Topical Aspirin + Niacinamide (drys and makes more dandruff)
-Not washing hair everyday
-No shampoo
-Oral Copper
-Red Light therapy to the scalp (made it worse)
-Scalp massages
-Topical ACV spray
-Salt Scrub

L_C

This thread might be helpful:

P

pineywoodrooter

Hello everyone, I've tried more things than I can count. I am currently using a beef tallow shampoo, most shampoos will make my scalp worse but nothing seems to make it better. I have to wash my hair everyday to get it somewhat under control. If I don't wash my hair daily the buildup gets pretty bad. Diet consists mostly of fruits, carrot salad, beef, beef broth, white rice, dairy. I am running out of solutions and would love any help y'all can give. Below is a list of some solutions I have tried. When I was younger I used head and shoulders (zinc pyrithione) shampoo for many years and never had any issues with dandruff. I have tried multiple times switching to a zinc shampoo again but it just makes it worse, maybe I just need to stick it out for a few weeks. I feel I have some strange hybrid of dry scalp and dandruff. If I don't apply aloe vera or mct oil after a shower, then a few hours later my scalp will begin itching. I also get major hair loss when I get dandruff.

-Many different types of anti dandruff shampoos which just make the dryness worse
-Oral Vitamin E
-Oral Niacinamide
-Vit K
-Topical MCT Oil
-No shampoo
-Oral Copper
-Scalp massages
-Topical ACV spray
-Salt Scrub

Measure one half cap full or Original Listerine. Pour it on your scalp and massage it in. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes (mine was pretty bad so I let it sit overnight). Rinse it out and repeat this around three times a week.

It works. It cured mine in a week when nothing else worked. Apparently Listerine was originally developed as an anti-dandruff medicine.

GorillaHead

It’s rather sad to see how more of my fellow humans have the exact problem and no one can solve this. Like it’s absurd. Our medical system is absolutely ***t.

aliml

Consume cooling foods such as cucumber, lettuce, mung beans, lentils, pears, apples, etc. Folate also has a cold nature!

It’s rather sad to see how more of my fellow humans have the exact problem and no one can solve this. Like it’s absurd. Our medical system is absolutely ***t.
I went hiking and camping for a few days, eating relatively poorly (dried mangos, beef jerky, and pasta camping food packs), and had awful sleep both nights since the temperature was close to freezing and I didn't have a ground pad. The hours of hiking carrying 50 lbs were fairly strenuous for me, and I also was in pain due to large blisters on my feet. Still, I noticed on the second day that I had basically zero dandruff. I don't know if it was drinking the (filtered) lake water, being outside away from modern civilization, cleaner air, no EMF, the hours of hiking, or what. My usual environment is definitely toxic.

GorillaHead

t3 alone cures my dandruff
I went hiking and camping for a few days, eating relatively poorly (dried mangos, beef jerky, and pasta camping food packs), and had awful sleep both nights since the temperature was close to freezing and I didn't have a ground pad. The hours of hiking carrying 50 lbs were fairly strenuous for me, and I also was in pain due to large blisters on my feet. Still, I noticed on the second day that I had basically zero dandruff. I don't know if it was drinking the (filtered) lake water, being outside away from modern civilization, cleaner air, no EMF, the hours of hiking, or what. My usual environment is definitely toxic.
It could be stress otherwise the problem with dandruff is it’s cycle based. For me one day no dandruff. Next day it’s back over and over. Which means the skin Isn’t shedding consistently it’s going thru a cycle

Wagner83

I ate more eggs the past few days after ditching them entirely for a while and have bad dandruff again. At this point, likely culprits are high fat aged cheeses and eggs. Perhaps irritating foods like spicy sauces as well.

GorillaHead

I ate more eggs the past few days after ditching them entirely for a while and have bad dandruff again. At this point, likely culprits are high fat aged cheeses and eggs. Perhaps irritating foods like spicy sauces as well.
I actually think it’s sulfur. I seem to found a connection between dandruff and sulfur

L_C

I actually think it’s sulfur. I seem to found a connection between dandruff and sulfur
Hm, not for me. According to Haidut's mineral analysis I was low on sulfur and still had dandruff. I started with MSM and my hair got better but still having dandruff. I think in my case it's not sulfur related.

tankasnowgod

-Oral Vitamin E
-Oral Niacinamide
-Vit K
-Topical MCT Oil
-No shampoo
-Oral Copper
-Scalp massages
-Topical ACV spray
-Salt Scrub
I've had great success reducing dandruff in the past month by finally ditching shampoo, and doing a few other things. You can read about it here-

Some have said, with dandruff, it can get worse with no shampoo before it gets better, and that can be a long time (like, 3 months I heard one guy say). I think you could really shortcut that time with some of the things I shared in that thread, especially the urea and coconut oil.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals