A Strange Issue

Hairfedup

1. What kind of deficiency do I have if, although my scalp is extremely malleable, I'm at NW4/5...AND more importantly, any sort of massage or pressing of my scalp leaves dents/marks/bruises that sometimes take months to heal or fade away? I can just squeeze my scalp right now and a little lesion will appear, particularly on my forehead/front side...I really can't do the massage protocol for hair loss because of this...makes me think its a deficiency for sure?

OP
H

Hairfedup

when something takes months to heal it could be low zinc

Thanks, I've been wondering this too. I take 50mg of Zinc picolinate for the past few months, pretty much everyday...hasn't really made a difference. Perhaps its a whole host of deficiencies?

marcar72

I had some scalp issues clear up with some increased b12 supplementation. (methylcobalamin) I had my dna tested with 23andme.com and have a few mutations that affect b9 and b12 metabolism so I've changed up my supplementation. b12 was the last thing I was thinking that I'd be deficient in.

Alpha

Great thanks, but how does it cause this hyper-malleability and injury? Baldness of course, I think Travis covered it.

High PGD2 symptoms include balding, and what you described, it's pretty close to the mechanism of how baldness works. It delays wound healing.

OP
H

Hairfedup

High PGD2 symptoms include balding, and what you described, it's pretty close to the mechanism of how baldness works. It delays wound healing.

Damn. Do you have a link to a list or protocol to eliminate PGD2? Apart from aspirin use? I'm kinda lost...thank you.

Alpha

Damn. Do you have a link to a list or protocol to eliminate PGD2? Apart from aspirin use? I'm kinda lost...thank you.

Typical Ray Peat stuff.

Aspirin, eliminate PUFA, more SFA, lower cortisol through cyproheptadine and baking soda.

OP
H

Hairfedup

Typical Ray Peat stuff.

Aspirin, eliminate PUFA, more SFA, lower cortisol through cyproheptadine and baking soda.

Thanks so much...I need to become more stringent and just do the damn thing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals