Aspirin for treating male pattern baldness

Charger

But when you shake your hair do you see hair fall?

Nah, I don't think I've ever had hair loss that noticeable since I was a kid, maybe during puberty I can vaguely recall seeing hairs on my desk or something. But if I rub my hands through my hair right now, or lather my hair with shampoo, I might see a strand or two on my hands, nothing that would send me into a panic or anything.

I do work in construction, so typically wear a hardhat. I remember when I first became aware of my hair loss, I noticed a few strands collected on the liner of my hardhat, so it's possible that maybe there were periods of shedding that just weren't as noticeable as they'd otherwise be if I wasn't required to wear a hat.

jonnytrigger

My take is that if your serum is flooded with E your tissues will downregulate receptors. So what then happens when you lower your serum e is that your receptors are still downregulated, but now you also have low E to agonize them. So you’ll shed
I think upregilating receptors is generally a great thing, but it seems to take longer than serum shifts in steroid concentrations, and can thus cost you hair. I see it a lot in fat people loosing weight: they loose hair.
Any idea how I could make a 0.75% solution of adenosine with stemoxydine?

Sweet Meat

Hi guys, i am going to take aspirin in attempt to stop further hair loss. I am looking for maintenance, i don't care about regrowth

I know asprin reduces pgd2 which is the cause of mpb, but it also reduces pge2 which is very important for hair. That's why i am thinking about adding castor oil for its pge2 properties.

I will take aspirin at 1500mg pzr day with vitamin k2 and glycin.

What do you think?

peat has said castor oil is not absorbed in the gut, and i know from experience that high levels of cox-2 inhibitors (ginger juice, in my case) can devastate hair REGROWTH

i cannot speak to the absorption but i definitely notice an effect from consuming castor oil, though it could simply be the fact that it is exceptional when it comes to cleaning the gut, which inherently improves hair

personally i would start with a much lower dose - maybe 300mg a few times a week. or, if you wanna take one for science, stick to 1500mg for a few months and see whether nuking prostaglandins is the way to go.

OP
S

StayPositive

peat has said castor oil is not absorbed in the gut, and i know from experience that high levels of cox-2 inhibitors (ginger juice, in my case) can devastate hair REGROWTH

i cannot speak to the absorption but i definitely notice an effect from consuming castor oil, though it could simply be the fact that it is exceptional when it comes to cleaning the gut, which inherently improves hair

personally i would start with a much lower dose - maybe 300mg a few times a week. or, if you wanna take one for science, stick to 1500mg for a few months and see whether nuking prostaglandins is the way to go.
I am taking 1000mg per day for 1 month now

It COMPLETELY stopped my shedding

Aspirin will probably never provide regrowth. But i don't care, i just want maintenance

We will see in a few month if it hurts my hair quality. This is the fist time something stops my shedding. Even minoxidil and finasteride did not work at all for me

And Peat is wrong about castor oil. There are enough evidence and testimonies on hair loss forums proving it is absorbed at low doses.

Sweet Meat

Do you think it's possible to keep balding even if the shedding completely stopped?

I am taking 1000mg per day for 1 month now

It COMPLETELY stopped my shedding

Aspirin will probably never provide regrowth. But i don't care, i just want maintenance

We will see in a few month if it hurts my hair quality. This is the fist time something stops my shedding. Even minoxidil and finasteride did not work at all for me

And Peat is wrong about castor oil. There are enough evidence and testimonies on hair loss forums proving it is absorbed at low doses.

i'm not sure he's wrong about it, i'm just not sure we're right about how it's working, either.

ginger for example was used in mice to upregulate pge2 in the presence of aspirin, however that was purely determined on the tests of mucus levels of the intestines, not systemic tissue.

systemically, or topically, ginger has been shown to increase hair loss, which is what put me off excessive use of cox 2 inhibitors as my love of ginger had me thinking that if it increased pge2 in the presence of aspirin, then it could do so in the scalp, also, which is not always the case

castor oil has been shown to accumulate in tissues because of it's high binding affinity, but i don't think it inhibits prostaglandins, which is why it tends to improve hair in general.

have you ever tried castor oil without aspirin? also, what's the difference between shedding, and losing your hair? when i was 18 my hair was greasy and would fall out if i touched it but i haven't had anything like that for nearly ten years. as i said, the only time i actually noticed hair LOSS was when i went full ham drinking ginger juice a few weeks back lol

OP
S

StayPositive

i'm not sure he's wrong about it, i'm just not sure we're right about how it's working, either.

ginger for example was used in mice to upregulate pge2 in the presence of aspirin, however that was purely determined on the tests of mucus levels of the intestines, not systemic tissue.

systemically, or topically, ginger has been shown to increase hair loss, which is what put me off excessive use of cox 2 inhibitors as my love of ginger had me thinking that if it increased pge2 in the presence of aspirin, then it could do so in the scalp, also, which is not always the case

castor oil has been shown to accumulate in tissues because of it's high binding affinity, but i don't think it inhibits prostaglandins, which is why it tends to improve hair in general.

have you ever tried castor oil without aspirin? also, what's the difference between shedding, and losing your hair? when i was 18 my hair was greasy and would fall out if i touched it but i haven't had anything like that for nearly ten years. as i said, the only time i actually noticed hair LOSS was when i went full ham drinking ginger juice a few weeks back lol
I have shedding with miniaturization. It's the definition of male pattern baldness

Yes i tried castor oil alone in the past. It made my eyelashes and eyebrows grow very long, and made my beard grow denser and faster

Cox inhibitors can cause hair loss because it decrease pge2, which is beneficial and needed for hair growth. That's why i take castor oil. Castor oil increases pge2 so the negative effect of aspirin on hair is neutralized while keeping the beneficial effect on hair (pgd2 reduction)

Sweet Meat

I have shedding with miniaturization. It's the definition of male pattern baldness

Yes i tried castor oil alone in the past. It made my eyelashes and eyebrows grow very long, and made my beard grow denser and faster

Cox inhibitors can cause hair loss because it decrease pge2, which is beneficial and needed for hair growth. That's why i take castor oil. Castor oil increases pge2 so the negative effect of aspirin on hair is neutralized while keeping the beneficial effect on hair (pgd2 reduction)

yeah i got those benefits from castor oil too

very interesting that aspirin and castor stop your shedding,

probably worth noting that i saw two pics of people with regrowth on this forum and both used aspirin (lower doses i think) so don't rule out regrowth just because you don't expect any

Archon

how much castor oil per day?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals