Interesting Ideas On Hair Loss; Similar To Danny Roddy

m_arch

Perfect Hair Health — Perfect Hair Health

Pretty similar to Danny Roddy. The main difference I think is that he recommends a 20 minute 'scalp massage' twice a day - a pretty rough and intense one, to break up calcification and excess sebum. The technique is based on a study done in hong kong in which everyone with baldness regrew 90% of their hair - but the regrowth didn't start until 5 months in.

That's 40 minutes of scalp massage for 5 months before results, but if you can keep it up... in 12 months amazing results.

edit; heres the hong kong study: http://www.omicsonline.org/detumesc...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf

Dante

Perfect Hair Health — Perfect Hair Health

Pretty similar to Danny Roddy. The main difference I think is that he recommends a 20 minute 'scalp massage' twice a day - a pretty rough and intense one, to break up calcification and excess sebum. The technique is based on a study done in hong kong in which everyone with baldness regrew 90% of their hair - but the regrowth didn't start until 5 months in.

That's 40 minutes of scalp massage for 5 months before results, but if you can keep it up... in 12 months amazing results.

edit; heres the hong kong study: http://www.omicsonline.org/detumesc...r-natural-hair-regrowth-2155-9554.1000138.pdf
Yeah , i got his old book in 2k14 . I think his research and ideas go beyond danny roddy, danny restricts to peat from what i understand, this dude takes 'peating' as a subset. I asked him about the specifics of massage and some other things which he responded scientifically. He also addresses DHT(which danny avoids i think atleast in Hair like a fox book ) and finasteride mechanism ( collagen remodelling as shown by papers and which might be true as a lot of pfs users report change in facial structure). He also tries to address why homeless people retain their hair.

The hong kong study is pretty dubious as it was not replicated further by any research group but since it's free why not try it. Some strong anecdotal evidence are there in response to this detumescence therapy on immortal hair forum

Last edited:

Peater Piper

I've only had a chance to skim the articles thus far, but I'll give the author credit for one thing, they use the correct labels for aerobic and anaerobic exercise. Peat's the first person I recall pointing out the traditional labels we use are backwards.

Can we get a quick summary of the recommended diet? I'm assuming it's similar to Peat/Danny Roddy?

Dante

I've only had a chance to skim the articles thus far, but I'll give the author credit for one thing, they use the correct labels for aerobic and anaerobic exercise. Peat's the first person I recall pointing out the traditional labels we use are backwards.

Can we get a quick summary of the recommended diet? I'm assuming it's similar to Peat/Danny Roddy?
He is going to launch a second book with updated research. I had his previous book and it was similar to ray peat but it didn't involve pure refined sugar. Have to see the book again

OP
m_arch

m_arch

I think its pro-metabolic, avoids certain vegetables and anti-inflammatory (avoids grains!) but yeah he also avoids sugar.

Peater Piper

He is going to launch a second book with updated research. I had his previous book and it was similar to ray peat but it didn't involve pure refined sugar. Have to see the book again
I think its pro-metabolic, avoids certain vegetables and anti-inflammatory (avoids grains!) but yeah he also avoids sugar.
So he's against refined sugar, but natural sources (fruit!) are okay?

OP
m_arch

m_arch

So he's against refined sugar, but natural sources (fruit!) are okay?
Yes thats right.

I mean peat is pro-(refined)sugar as an anti stress substance - but Peat himself recommends fruit as #1 source, followed by honey, then by refined sugar. So its not really a huge deal.

I find I tend to crash more personally on refined sugars, but with fruit my energy is more sustainable.

OP
m_arch

m_arch

So I've just finished reading the old book. Here's a summary for everyone:

- Current hair loss drugs are unhealthy.

- His theory is that we build up sebum and calcification as males in pattern baldness areas. women usually get more even distribution and thinning all over. This is mainly due to systemic inflammation.

-Poor diet --> Inflammation--> Calcification --> Less bloodflow --> Trapped DHT / Excess sebum --> follicle miniaturization --> hairloss

-Hairloss is usually a symptom of deeper problems inside your body

- Elevated DHT is a sign of hormonal imbalance. Hairloss means your testosterone: estrogen level is imbalanced (he thinks higher estrogen for men is bad if testosterone stays constant, but for women he thinks higher testosterone for women is bad if estrogen stays constant). He's specifically refering to the balance between these two hormones. All of this is due to your thyroid health.

- Poor diet --> Suppressed thyroid --> Imbalanced T:E levels -->elevated DHT -->hairloss

- Decalcify your scalp by using detumescence therapy (kneading / pinching the scalp hard for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. expect to see regrowth after 5 months of this)

- For thyroid and inflammation health he says: 1. remove grains, especially gluten. 2. minimise PUFA 3. minimize gitrogens 4. stop eating muscle meats and eat nose to tail (or supplement gelatin / collagen).

- Lifestyle suggestions: stop using shampoo, take cold showers, get more sun exposure, start donating blood.

-Helminths (hookworms) are basically absent in 1st world countries, apparently they cool the immune response and can lower inflammation (possibly responsible for less baldness in 3rd world countries)

-----------------
So it seems he thinks excess DHT is a problem, and that women generally need a higher estrogen to testosterone ratio. Aside from this, everything else looks very peaty.

Dante

So I've just finished reading the old book. Here's a summary for everyone:

- Current hair loss drugs are unhealthy.

- His theory is that we build up sebum and calcification as males in pattern baldness areas. women usually get more even distribution and thinning all over. This is mainly due to systemic inflammation.

-Poor diet --> Inflammation--> Calcification --> Less bloodflow --> Trapped DHT / Excess sebum --> follicle miniaturization --> hairloss

-Hairloss is usually a symptom of deeper problems inside your body

- Elevated DHT is a sign of hormonal imbalance. Hairloss means your testosterone: estrogen level is imbalanced (he thinks higher estrogen for men is bad if testosterone stays constant, but for women he thinks higher testosterone for women is bad if estrogen stays constant). He's specifically refering to the balance between these two hormones. All of this is due to your thyroid health.

- Poor diet --> Suppressed thyroid --> Imbalanced T:E levels -->elevated DHT -->hairloss

- Decalcify your scalp by using detumescence therapy (kneading / pinching the scalp hard for 20 minutes in the morning and 20 minutes at night. expect to see regrowth after 5 months of this)

- For thyroid and inflammation health he says: 1. remove grains, especially gluten. 2. minimise PUFA 3. minimize gitrogens 4. stop eating muscle meats and eat nose to tail (or supplement gelatin / collagen).

- Lifestyle suggestions: stop using shampoo, take cold showers, get more sun exposure, start donating blood.

-Helminths (hookworms) are basically absent in 1st world countries, apparently they cool the immune response and can lower inflammation (possibly responsible for less baldness in 3rd world countries)

-----------------
So it seems he thinks excess DHT is a problem, and that women generally need a higher estrogen to testosterone ratio. Aside from this, everything else looks very peaty.
new book getting launched on oct 11, this times it comes at a price

Tarmander

I have pretty decent hair but have had some thinning in the last year or two. I tried the scalp massage for about a month. Your fingers definitely get sore. I started getting ear infections which I missattributed to the massage so stopped for awhile. I got my hair cut after the one month period and my hair person commented on how fantastic and thick my hair was. I also noticed I could see less of my scalp at the front.

I think the massage is the real deal here, and can really help. Since I stopped doing the massage the thinness has returned, so I think you have to continue doing it. I would give it a shot though, especially to combat supplements that might be causing some raised T and thinning.

johnwester130

I don't believe the DHT theory, otherwise all 18 year olds would have prostate cancer.

Even the prolactin theory is questionable, since bald eunuchs also exist.

redlight

I have pretty decent hair but have had some thinning in the last year or two. I tried the scalp massage for about a month. Your fingers definitely get sore. I started getting ear infections which I missattributed to the massage so stopped for awhile. I got my hair cut after the one month period and my hair person commented on how fantastic and thick my hair was. I also noticed I could see less of my scalp at the front.

I think the massage is the real deal here, and can really help. Since I stopped doing the massage the thinness has returned, so I think you have to continue doing it. I would give it a shot though, especially to combat supplements that might be causing some raised T and thinning.

How long were you doing it daily? I just dont think i can even come close to 40min daily

Tarmander

How long were you doing it daily? I just dont think i can even come close to 40min daily

I was only doing like 20-30 minutes at night. I did not do a strict regiment of morning and night. I think you can get results just doing it once a day and take a day off if your fingers start to really bother you.

redlight

I could probably do 10-15 mint just focusing on my thinning areas.... I just don't know how much pressure to apply and to pinch or just rub.

Dante

from what anecdotal evidences and rob says it takes around 10 months of massage to get full effect and a lot of people report expelling dandruff, dead skin , sebum after 2-3 months. He says you have initially do it diligently and after that it's just damage control and you can taper down on the time
He is right about one thing, the area affected by MPB has very thick and non pinchable skin while the non-MPB affected areas are thin and pinchable . A lot of people have reported making the crown pinchable again after 3-4 weeks of massage.
@redlight , i have the old book plus the massage demonstration video but apparently i get problem uploading book in this thread(server probs i guess)

Evan

I adhered to this regimen last year, and it's very hard. It is very tough I may say to stick to this 100%. I did pretty good, but not stopped early, maybe about 8 months or so? There were days where I lagged, some days I forgot, but for the most part I stuck with it until I eventually stopped. I noticed regrowth on my temples but they didn't come in full because I didn't finish. Great method but so hard. I feel like this and red light and maybe even minoxidil and caffeine might be great things to do altogether. Also,anyone know anything about topical taurine and what ratios for a solution?