Scalp Massages To Stop/halt Hairloss 2020?

Bushido1

I have been doing scalp massages for the last 8 months following Rob English regimen and it is working well for me so far.

My hairline/vertex have a higher density they did before I started the massages and my hairline has either progressed a little bit forward or at least completely stop its regression. I am about an NW2 at the moment.

JDreamer

I have been doing scalp massages for the last 8 months following Rob English regimen and it is working well for me so far.

My hairline/vertex have a higher density they did before I started the massages and my hairline has either progressed a little bit forward or at least completely stop its regression. I am about an NW2 at the moment.

Pics.

I don't say this to be rude, but it gets tiring reading this same story every now and then and yet still no proof in photos by any of the people claiming results.

JDreamer

There you go. It's *impossible* to fully relax muscles and tissue without fixing thyroid function (in part because we can't retain magnesium in a low thyroid state). You TSH is much too high, and would be easy to suppress with frequent T3 dosage. But forget the tests, you really need to nail this down and temperature/pulse are the only diagnostic tool you need. Don't go crazy looking for other things or complexifying your issues, focus on your raising your thyroid function to optimal levels (via temperature and pulse)

So the restaurant I was at this past weekend used a temp gun on me. Prior to walking in, I had been outside for about 30mins and it was pretty hot (around 100).

My recorded temp was 98.1. Obviously I needed to do a waking one.

Bushido1

Pics.

I don't say this to be rude, but it gets tiring reading this same story every now and then and yet still no proof in photos by any of the people claiming results.

I don't mind the rudeness, I have been in the same place as you of asking evidence of this massages working and I totally understand your frustration.

The main reason why people don't post their pictures are (1) their improvement is minor and/or they don't have good pictures to show the change and (2) they don't know you at all so they don't feel obliged to take the work of putting their pictures online and having to worry about blurring their faces so their close people don't recognize them.

I personally fall into both of those categories at the same time. My hairline has not progressed much, but my hair is way denser than it was 8 months ago when I started the massages. This density is hard to show because I don't have good pictures of me parting my hair so you could see my scalp skin or anything like that, so it is hard to probe on pictures.

The best thing that you can do is to start doing the massages yourself and see how far you can get with them. It is clear and there is enough evidence (check perfect hair health website) that some people have been able to regrow a considerable amount of hair thanks to daily scalp massages. Instead of wasting time asking for a proof start try it yourself and then you will know if it works or not.

JDreamer

I don't mind the rudeness, I have been in the same place as you of asking evidence of this massages working and I totally understand your frustration.

The main reason why people don't post their pictures are (1) their improvement is minor and/or they don't have good pictures to show the change and (2) they don't know you at all so they don't feel obliged to take the work of putting their pictures online and having to worry about blurring their faces so their close people don't recognize them.

I personally fall into both of those categories at the same time. My hairline has not progressed much, but my hair is way denser than it was 8 months ago when I started the massages. This density is hard to show because I don't have good pictures of me parting my hair so you could see my scalp skin or anything like that, so it is hard to probe on pictures.

The best thing that you can do is to start doing the massages yourself and see how far you can get with them. It is clear and there is enough evidence (check perfect hair health website) that some people have been able to regrow a considerable amount of hair thanks to daily scalp massages. Instead of wasting time asking for a proof start try it yourself and then you will know if it works or not.

They don't know me so they don't feel obliged to take a photo of their work, but they feel obliged to detail it on this forum or others? Sounds highly ironic, not to mention suspect. Taking a quick selfie of yourself with your phone and cropping it takes literally seconds. Again that's just me being honest.

Sometimes I forget the internet is full of the desire to be popular, not to be honest and transparent. The fact remains massaging alone is not producing significant enough results - otherwise the internet would be littered with proof instead of anecdotes.

Mauritio

Inaut

Lately I've started using a spikey massage ball on my scalp a couple times a day. Will take me a while to see if it's helping but I think it will help break up fibrotic tissue as it leaves marks for a couple minutes after i roll my scalp. It's like dermarolling minus the pin holes and blood.

golder

Lately I've started using a spikey massage ball on my scalp a couple times a day. Will take me a while to see if it's helping but I think it will help break up fibrotic tissue as it leaves marks for a couple minutes after i roll my scalp. It's like dermarolling minus the pin holes and blood.
Amazing, where did you get it from? Great idea, if you could share a photo of it that would be fantastic!

Apple

Well lately since i've discovered the method to detach my galea in areas, my scalp has become more flexible in a span of weeks compared to months of the 20 min routine from perfecthairhealth. Once my metabolism is better I will go back to a more heavy routine that the site recommends, since it's worked well for many others.
Do you still continue with scalp massages? How has it worked for you so far ?

PeskyPeater

Anybody tried the scalp massages to help with hair loss? 'Perfect hair health' by rob looks good with a bunch of case studies showing results. Can anyone attest to actually doing it and seeing results?
'Hairguard' looks okay too.

I wanna do it but im scared of the initial shedding that can occur.
you dont want to do vigorous massage, but taking a womens hair brush with little nobs at the ends and lightly massaging is enough. you dont want to get an inflammation response just a red skin.

Apple

you dont want to do vigorous massage, but taking a womens hair brush with little nobs at the ends and lightly massaging is enough. you dont want to get an inflammation response just a red skin.
The only successful stories I heard were from people doing vigorous massage. It is probably not about increasing blood supply but on the contrary. It may work in the same way like bottox injections...either disrupting blood supply or detaching skin layer from muscle, breaking capillaries...

If light massage really worked we would be already having lots of evidence on here. It could be just as simple as wearing a woolen hat ... but it doesn't work
Keep in mind shedding hair and receding hair line are different things. Sure, you may be able to increase hair density by increasing blood supply by doing light hair massage, but that is not what can reverse the receding hair line.

Last edited:

PeskyPeater

The only successful stories I heard were from people doing vigorous massage. It is probably not about increasing blood supply but on the contrary. It may work in the same way like bottox injections...either disrupting blood supply or detaching skin layer from muscle, breaking capillaries...

If light massage really worked we would be already having lots of evidence on here. It could be just as simple as wearing a woolen hat ... but it doesn't work
must have had lots of calcification or something. normally when you vigorous massage you release inflammatory cytokines that inhibit hair growth factors.

you are now talking about hair regrowth, that is something else than preventing hairloss. lightly massaging helps to prevent hair loss

PeskyPeater

Yeah I really can't seem to get past this average. I'll get up to 36.8 - 36.9 at night but I want to clear 37 consistently.
looking good.
when measuring 37, I asume orally, between 11.00am and 15.00pm you are doing okay. its normal for it to be lower at other times.
37 orally measured is actually 37.3 so then you can use 0.2 more :)

Apple

serotonin and estrogen increase fibrosis and calcification in the scalp and increased collagen formations.
Explaining by "calcification" all the troubles is probably wrong... Ray Peat wrote that soft tissue of aged person has 100x times more calcium than of a young, we can prevent this only to a small degree by increasing dietary calcium theoretically.

It is known that diabetes accelerates atherosclerosis and increases the incidence of vascular calcification. I saw some people with diabetes in their mid 50s. One of them is my neighbour. Yet he has absolutely no receding hair line... with the thickest hair you can imagine.

PeskyPeater

Explaining by "calcification" all the troubles is probably wrong... Ray Peat wrote that soft tissue of aged person has 100x times more calcium than of a young, we can prevent this only to a small degree by increasing dietary calcium theoretically.

It is known that diabetes accelerates atherosclerosis and increases the incidence of vascular calcification. I saw some people with diabetes in their mid 50s. One of them is my neighbour. Yet he has absolutely no receding hair line... with the thickest hair you can imagine.
yeah, indeed it meant read as "calcification" its a broscience term. it is actually fibrosis.

Vins7

If scalp tension theory and massages have a role in mpb, how can this be explained?

How could my receding areas be more flexible than those that haven't receded?

Attachments

• IMG_20221128_141901.jpg
    IMG_20221128_141901.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 33

Apple

Another explanation why vigorous massage works is "creep".
Creep occurs when skin exhibits an additional lengthening beyond its intrinsic extensibility and is explained by extrusion of fluid from the dermis and a breakdown of the dermal framework.
“Creep” and mechanical and biological “stretch” are responsible for expansion. During expansion, the epidermis thickens, the dermis thins out, vascularity improves, significant angiogenesis occurs, hair telogen phase becomes shorter and the peripheral nerves, vessels and muscle fibres lengthen. Expansion is associated with molecular changes in the tissue.
The scalp can be expanded up to two times its surface area before showing signs of hair thinning.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals