Estrogen E1 More Important For Hair Than Testosteron

Arrade

I've came across several stories where men have regrown hair with estrogen but it's not worth having ***s and a **** that doesn't function.

I used to drink everyday. My hair thinned out badly when I stopped. Guarantee you my test was low and my estrogen was high back then.
Elevated estrogen will never be worth it. The phytoestrogens are much more promising

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Elevated estrogen will never be worth it. The phytoestrogens are much more promising
Those guys on that site you linked thought 1 mg was a low dose?!?! HRT estrogen is usually prescribed in mcg doses. Some birth control pills only use micrograms as well. You should probably let them know 1 mg isn't a low dose but a high HRT dose for women!

Arrade

Those guys on that site you linked thought 1 mg was a low dose?!?! HRT estrogen is usually prescribed in mcg doses. Some birth control pills only use micrograms as well. You should probably let them know 1 mg isn't a low dose but a high HRT dose for women!
I’ll update them. They do scary things :mask

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I’ll update them. They do scary things :mask
Yeah, that sounds pretty dangerous to me. Especially to be rubbing on a man's head or anyone's head for that matter. Plenty of women don't mind baldness at all-seriously.

xetawaves

Yeah, that sounds pretty dangerous to me. Especially to be rubbing on a man's head or anyone's head for that matter. Plenty of women don't mind baldness at all-seriously.

The women that go on about how repulsive they think it is are the ones that make men do desperate things for hair.

Georgina

Do you understand the difference bewtween E2 and ethinyl estradiol? LOL.
EE is 10x stronger than E2 which is why it’s dosed in mcg. I agree that any supplemental estrogen is too much for a normal man with normal hormones, but don’t go spreading misinformation.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
EE is 10x stronger than E2 which is why it’s dosed in mcg. I agree that any supplemental estrogen is too much for a normal man with normal hormones, but don’t go spreading misinformation.
I was talking about E2 /estradiol in bioidentical HRT being dosed in the micrograms specifically gels and patches used topically. I don't feel that is misinformation. Most birth control isn't bioidentical so you are correct about that.

Arrade

She was probably referring to IdealForehead using estriol.
Welcome to the forum though

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Estriol (E3) is touted as the weakest/safest estrogen but Peat has written numerous articles explaining why this isn't correct that can be found on his website.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
She was probably referring to IdealForehead using estriol.
Welcome to the forum though
Yeah most people here aren't rude but I approved the post anyway.

LeeLemonoil

The theme one could deduct from this discussion is that the estrogen receptors likely play a part in hair growth.
Then it probably depends on the ligand used how dangerous or not such an approach would be. Like we hinted in this thread there are broadly beneficial and benign androgen-metabolites like 3b-dill that act as agonists at the ERbeta - and there are the powerful estrogens like E1 and E2 that no one, man or woman, should supplement or use topically. In between there are numerous phyto-hormones and molecules that act on the ERs and are much less harmful or also beneficial but it’s hard to judge due to conflicting data or a lack of convincing research. I think 3b-Diol is a superb substance that any peater would be wise to research but it’s hard to obtain. A suitable substitute in some ways seems to be the Ecdysterones

Last edited:

benaoao

I think the goal is to have a healthy thyroid from a healthy cellular energy, meaning plenty of nutrition, yielding a healthy sex hormones metabolism. What else could be done naturally?

LCohen

Estrone is the worst form of estrogen. It skyrockets menopause, spreads cancers and tumors on breast tissue, causes hot flushes, edema. It does these with estrogen receptor alpha.

Estriol on the other hand is quite healthy if you research a little bit. It is anti-inflammatory, kills cancer cells on breast, helps losing weight, softens skins, promote scalp hair..

It does these via antagonizing Estrone. Estriol activates estrogen receptor beta.

This beta isoform has lot of beneficial effect on both men and women. Just because Ray said "Estrogen is bad" doesn't mean it's just bad at all.

Even androgens activate estrogen receptor beta.

ddjd

The only other time I saw a real boost in thickness recently was when using Lapodin, which really kicked my **** since my thyroid was not prepared.
That's really interesting because my personal theory on hairloss is that high nitric oxide V co2 causes it. Haidut told me how the only things that dissociate nitric oxide from Cytochrome c oxidase are red light, methylene blue AND Emodin (the main ingredient in Lapodin).

I did a month long experiment with Methylene blue and definitely saw increased thickness. Red light is already known for improving hair growth.

I've just ordered lapodin. Fingers crossed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Estrone is the worst form of estrogen. It skyrockets menopause, spreads cancers and tumors on breast tissue, causes hot flushes, edema. It does these with estrogen receptor alpha.

Estriol on the other hand is quite healthy if you research a little bit. It is anti-inflammatory, kills cancer cells on breast, helps losing weight, softens skins, promote scalp hair..

It does these via antagonizing Estrone. Estriol activates estrogen receptor beta.

This beta isoform has lot of beneficial effect on both men and women. Just because Ray said "Estrogen is bad" doesn't mean it's just bad at all.

Even androgens activate estrogen receptor beta.
Just presenting Ray's side since it's the Ray Peat Forum but I honestly have zero desire to debate estrogen anyway. I do regret chiming in on this thread in the first place. Thanks for your thoughts on the subject. It's quite a complex topic.

OP
General Orange
17β-estradiol can inhibit new hair growth via Estrogen receptor β. So activating Estrogen receptor α could induce new hair growth, maybe with a little help of Estrone?

Estrogen Receptor α, but not Estrogen Receptor β, is Involved in the Regulation of the Hair Follicle Cycling as well as the Thickness of Epidermis (in mice). link

"Estrogen is of importance for the regulation of hair growth and epidermal thickness. The effects of estrogen have predominantly been studied in females; however, recent studies demonstrate that estrogen also is critical for males. The aim of this study was to investigate the relative functional importance of estrogen receptor α and estrogen receptor β in the regulation of the hair follicle cycling and epidermal thickness in male mice.

Seven month old transgenic male mice, lacking estrogen receptor α (ERKO), estrogen receptor β (BERKO), or both receptors (DERKO), were orchidectomized and treated for 3 week with 17β-estradiol or vehicle.
Orchidectomy induced a synchronized anagen phase of the hair follicles, which was inhibited by 17β-estradiol treatment in wild-type and BERKO mice, but not in ERKO and DERKO mice.
Furthermore, 17β-estradiol treatment increased the thickness of epidermis in wild-type and BERKO mice, but not in ERKO and DERKO.

This study demonstrates that estrogen is of importance for the regulation of hair follicle cycling and epidermal thickness in male mice.
The effect on hair follicle cycling is caused by an estrogen receptor α mediated inhibition of telogen–anagen transition and the effect of estrogen to increase epidermal thickness is associated with an estrogen receptor α mediated increase in the proliferative rate of the keratinocytes in the basal cell layer of the epidermis."

LCohen

17β-estradiol can inhibit new hair growth via Estrogen receptor β. So activating Estrogen receptor α could induce new hair growth, maybe with a little help of Estrone?

Estrogen Receptor α, but not Estrogen Receptor β, is Involved in the Regulation of the Hair Follicle Cycling as well as the Thickness of Epidermis (in mice). link

"Estrogen is of importance for the regulation of hair growth and epidermal thickness. The effects of estrogen have predominantly been studied in females; however, recent studies demonstrate that estrogen also is critical for males. The aim of this study was to investigate the relative functional importance of estrogen receptor α and estrogen receptor β in the regulation of the hair follicle cycling and epidermal thickness in male mice.

Seven month old transgenic male mice, lacking estrogen receptor α (ERKO), estrogen receptor β (BERKO), or both receptors (DERKO), were orchidectomized and treated for 3 week with 17β-estradiol or vehicle.
Orchidectomy induced a synchronized anagen phase of the hair follicles, which was inhibited by 17β-estradiol treatment in wild-type and BERKO mice, but not in ERKO and DERKO mice.
Furthermore, 17β-estradiol treatment increased the thickness of epidermis in wild-type and BERKO mice, but not in ERKO and DERKO.

This study demonstrates that estrogen is of importance for the regulation of hair follicle cycling and epidermal thickness in male mice.
The effect on hair follicle cycling is caused by an estrogen receptor α mediated inhibition of telogen–anagen transition and the effect of estrogen to increase epidermal thickness is associated with an estrogen receptor α mediated increase in the proliferative rate of the keratinocytes in the basal cell layer of the epidermis."

Nope.

Beta receptor is the anti-inflammatory one.

While alpha receptor is pro-inflammatory. It's even involved in breast cancer. At the same research pages, you can find the Estrone/Estrogen Receptor Alpha studies which promotes menopause, hot flashes, breast problems.

Estradiol can bind both alpha and beta, that's why it can regrow hair.

Also Estriol (E3) is the pregnancy hormone not Estrone (E1)

OP
General Orange
Nope.

While alpha receptor is pro-inflammatory. It's even involved in breast cancer. At the same research pages, you can find the Estrone/Estrogen Receptor Alpha studies which promotes menopause, hot flashes, breast problems.
Yes that is what I mean, It grows cancer when overactive, so with a right dose should induce normal growth.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals