Estrogen, Not Androgens, May Be The Cause Of Baldness

wavelength123

The problem is chronically elevated estrogen.

Yeah same with T in women: Exposure to Urban Stressor and Effects on Free Testosterone in Female Workers - PubMed

The problem seems to be chronically elevated *insert any sex hormone here, be it cortisol or adrenal related*

You'll even find data on LH&FSH going up in urban environments vs controls. TSH most likely among the most accurate ways to predict health going south.

Luteinizing Hormone (LH) Levels in Male Workers Exposed to Urban Stressors - PubMed

Follicle-stimulating Hormone Levels in Male Workers Exposed to Urban Chemical, Physical, and Psychosocial Stressors - PubMed

JDreamer

Eggs, full fat dairy, ripe fruit, seafood definitely among the top foods that come back in everyone’s fav list.

I guess cold feet in July really shows thyroid issues. Personally I’m super warm, but I don’t get A/C lower than 75. Liberally drinking milk in between solid meals instead of water. Idk the latter doesn’t feel satisfying and may I say, hydrating.

This diet is really making an impact on my midsection. I marvel at it every day when I look in the mirror and see more definition. It probably hasn't looked like this is in at least 8-9 years, as no matter how much I worked out I kept on a very stubborn layer of ab fat.

I haven't even worked out at all this week due to AZ shutting all the gyms down again, but each day more steady improvement. It's like the fat is melting off.

Last edited:

PaRa

This diet is really making an impact on my midsection. I marvel at it every day when I look in the mirror and see more definition. It probably hasn't looked like this is at least 8-9 years, as no matter how much I worked out I kept on a very stubborn layer of ab fat.

I haven't even worked out at all this week due to AZ shutting all the gyms down again, but each day more steady improvement. It's like the fat is melting off.

Or it may be water caused by inflammation instead of Fat that you are loosing

JDreamer

Or it may be water caused by inflammation instead of Fat that you are loosing

Interesting. I mean I have always assumed there was major inflammation going on as well based on the bloating.

Btw, I should also note I've been on these proteolytic enzymes for 1.5 months and I feel like I've accumulated enough of them in my system. Sinuses are also better than they've been in a long time.

schultz

Cholesterol Side-Chain Cleavage Enzyme - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

I’ll need more than a single sentence from Pubchem to convince me that everything we’ve been taught is wrong.

aromatase is found in the granulosa whereas cholesterol cleavage happens in theca cells.

it could just be that AIs are terrible because E2 is good for hair growth and many other functions. Just a basic thought... don’t crash it with drugs given to cancer patients.

I would say that it is wishful thinking to assume that AI's only act on the CYP19A1 enzyme without any effect on the other 50+ CYP450 enzymes. Studies and case reports suggest there is crossover, but it is not necessarily in the interest of pharmaceutical companies to spend time researching this as it would only serve to devalue the medication. When or if it does come out that they are affecting other enzymes they will conveniently have a new AI ready to go that is more specific and freshly patented.

mrchibbs

I would say that it is wishful thinking to assume that AI's only act on the CYP19A1 enzyme without any effect on the other 50+ CYP450 enzymes. Studies and case reports suggest there is crossover, but it is not necessarily in the interest of pharmaceutical companies to spend time researching this as it would only serve to devalue the medication. When or if it does come out that they are affecting other enzymes they will conveniently have a new AI ready to go that is more specific and freshly patented.

That is an important point. Pharmaceutical companies have no incentive to research and understand the full interactions of their compounds. They only need to build a reasonable theory behind its mechanism, whichever way to rationalize its use, and get the FDA to approve it. In the 90s Merck argued to the FDA that "5-ar was of negligible importance to human health", and therefore inhibiting it was safe. 20 years later this entire perspective is coming apart.

wavelength123

fair, it’s common indeed. But it also sounds like wishful thinking to dismiss the obvious (everything E2-related) and jump to conclusions based on nothing but big pharma covering something up possibly maybe. The obvious elephant in the room with AIs and SERMs is people crashing their e2.

I think the main issue with AIs and SERMs is how ridiculously potent they are. It’s the same with many drugs. As a pharmacist working in the industry I’ve seen that story many times: low (and sometimes VERY low) doses absolutely work. Recommended dosages oftentimes exceed the therapeutic window and cause side effects, be it because of active metabolites, duration of action exceeding the half life, and so on.

Example with some of this forum’s favorites: Finasteride certainly needn’t be used at 1mg per day much less 5mg. Dutasteride once weekly is good enough for me. Accutane works well using much lower dosages than what’s conventionally prescribed. Ditto for Nolvadex. Aromasin is studied using 25 mg DAILY, yet every bodybuilder on steroids will tell you that this is a massive dose that’s most likely going to crash estradiol.

Easy to understand that using less would generate less sales. I’m positive there’s a happy medium between homeopathy and allopathy massive doses.

Estradiol

fair, it’s common indeed. But it also sounds like wishful thinking to dismiss the obvious (everything E2-related) and jump to conclusions based on nothing but big pharma covering something up possibly maybe. The obvious elephant in the room with AIs and SERMs is people crashing their e2.

I think the main issue with AIs and SERMs is how ridiculously potent they are. It’s the same with many drugs. As a pharmacist working in the industry I’ve seen that story many times: low (and sometimes VERY low) doses absolutely work. Recommended dosages oftentimes exceed the therapeutic window and cause side effects, be it because of active metabolites, duration of action exceeding the half life, and so on.

Example with some of this forum’s favorites: Finasteride certainly needn’t be used at 1mg per day much less 5mg. Dutasteride once weekly is good enough for me. Accutane works well using much lower dosages than what’s conventionally prescribed. Ditto for Nolvadex. Aromasin is studied using 25 mg DAILY, yet every bodybuilder on steroids will tell you that this is a massive dose that’s most likely going to crash estradiol.

Easy to understand that using less would generate less sales. I’m positive there’s a happy medium between homeopathy and allopathy massive doses.

Right. Accutane 10 mg once a week works for me great.

brix

This diet is really making an impact on my midsection. I marvel at it every day when I look in the mirror and see more definition. It probably hasn't looked like this is in at least 8-9 years, as no matter how much I worked out I kept on a very stubborn layer of ab fat.

Can you breakdown your daily diet and supplements? would love to lose this layer of fat as well.

mrchibbs

With respect to castration, I think the fundamental thing that Danny Roddy contributed in his original book Hair like a fox is the understanding that castrates also have typically very low serotonin, prolactin and estrogen. I haven't read the book in about a year, but I think I will read it again tonight.

His thinking has progressed a lot since then, and he knows a lot more, but it's always impressive to see how solid and how well that book has held up since 2013. He doesn't get enough credit for his solid research work. Back then there was nobody who was thinking about hair loss the way he did.

JDreamer

@brix too

At the moment this is my entire regimen during the day .........

Upon waking up: Full glass of water and a fiber pill following by 2 Zymessence (proteolytic enzyme) pills 30mins later with another glass of water
1st Meal (1.5 hours later): 3-4 Scambled eggs (fluffed with whole milk) topped with cayenne, some Himalayan Pink Salt, and some cheese. Also include a side of two folded 8inch tortillas
2nd Meal: 1 Apple, 1.5 cups of grapes, 3 mozarella sticks
3rd Meal: 8oz - 10oz of beef (usually slightly fattier cuts and thinly sliced), cup of mash potatoes,
4th Meal: 80z - 10oz of chicken (usually darker meat), 1 Apple, 1 Cup of Grapes

It's still a fluid thing. Gonna add in another lighter meal, switch the cheeses up from time to time and include a gelatin supplement.

Last edited:

Estradiol

With respect to castration, I think the fundamental thing that Danny Roddy contributed in his original book Hair like a fox is the understanding that castrates also have typically very low serotonin, prolactin and estrogen. I haven't read the book in about a year, but I think I will read it again tonight.

His thinking has progressed a lot since then, and he knows a lot more, but it's always impressive to see how solid and how well that book has held up since 2013. He doesn't get enough credit for his solid research work. Back then there was nobody who was thinking about hair loss the way he did.

Because he is just a cancer. Some meaningless theories without any real improvement.

Estradiol

Lame comment.

Actually saying lame to something without any argument is lame. This guy did nothing beside showing people studies on PubMed and Ray's ideas.

Yet still no one have 'hair like a fox' including he.

So stop labeling people without showing evidence. Don't try to save a marketing guy's *ss.

brix

@brix too

At the moment this is my entire regimen during the day .........

Upon waking up: Full glass of water and a fiber pill following by 2 Zymessence (proteolytic enzyme) pills 30mins later with another glass of water
1st Meal (1.5 hours later): 3-4 Scambled eggs (fluffed with whole milk) topped with cayenne, some Himalayan Pink Salt, and some cheese. Also include a side of two folded 8inch tortillas
2nd Meal: 1 Apple, 1.5 cups of grapes, 3 mozarella sticks
3rd Meal: 8oz - 10oz of beef (usually slightly fattier cuts and thinly sliced), cup of mash potatoes,
4th Meal: 80z - 10oz of chicken (usually darker meat), 1 Apple, 1 Cup of Grapes

It's still a fluid thing. Gonna add in another lighter meal, switch the cheeses up from time to time and include a gelatin supplement.

Right on. What benefits do you notice from the enzyme supplements?

Risingfire

For the whole bald homeless theory. I just walked up 7th Ave in Manhattan and saw homeless men who were bald or were starting to bald.