Some SOLID Bro Science On Balding

Ableton

I've already used custom synthesized drugs not even tested on humans :D

laboratory ratmaxxing, I see

I am getting minor regrowth in my temples atm with the protocol I posted here + slowing down oxidation (more fats) + dermarolling + magnesium oil + aspirin
nothing crazy but its there for sure. not sure what caused it. might still be the minox I quit like a months ago, that did nothing for 6 months though.

i need more density or its useless, however

wavelength123

I’m not sold on eating PUFAs causing PUFA accumulation, I think eating too much in general causes their accumulation as part of the inflammatory response. Same with iron, phosphorus etc. Of course eating too much AND eating lots of PUFAs (and iron and phosphorus and...) sounds like a very bad idea.

otherwise steps 2-4 I wholeheartedly agree @mrchibbs just wanna emphasize that “eat protein” ought to be Peat friendly proteins such as gelatin first and foremost

GreekDemiGod

I am getting minor regrowth in my temples atm with the protocol I posted here + slowing down oxidation (more fats) + dermarolling + magnesium oil + aspirin
My hair problems coincided to when I started to add in more fats (SFA, MUFA, PUFA, all kinds) after I was convinced by the Paleo / low-carb propaganda that it's ok to gorge on fats. This was 2-3 years back, as I noticed in pics, one of my temples had a minor recession.
I did not care much about fats before. I naturally gravitated towards cheese and milk, so I craved SFA mostly before.

I then discovered I had low T, libido kept plumetting, so I doubled down on fats even more (muh, fats/ cholesterol is good for Test). In hindsight, it did not benefit me almost at all.
I did about 1-2 years of very high PUFA (gorged on nuts), this might have done the damage for me.

I also remembered a big thread on hairlosstalk.
Theory: Cooked Fat =DHT
What do you guys think?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...d-fat-dht-dihydrotestosterone-baldness.26590/

Last edited:

mrchibbs

That theory is probably BS. Humans have been cooking with fat for millennia.
Now the prostaglandins are produced by the PUFAs. You probably have your reason there.

redsun

My hair problems coincided to when I started to add in more fats (SFA, MUFA, PUFA, all kinds) after I was convinced by the Paleo / low-carb propaganda that it's ok to gorge on fats. This was 2-3 years back, as I noticed in pics, one of my temples had a minor recession.
I did not care much about fats before. I naturally gravitated towards cheese and milk, so I craved SFA mostly before.

I then discovered I had low T, libido kept plumetting, so I doubled down on fats even more (muh, fats/ cholesterol is good for Test). In hindsight, it did not benefit me almost at all.
I did about 1-2 years of very high PUFA (gorged on nuts), this might have done the damage for me.

What do you guys think?
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...d-fat-dht-dihydrotestosterone-baldness.26590/

I think its important to keep in mind a very low carb/zero carb diet makes you "insulin resistant" by design. Usually when you stop this is supposed to revert. But this can partly explain why some keto peeps dont seem to have the best hair or even keep losing or start losing on keto, also T3 is lower because of lack of sugar.

China, japan, etc. have one of the lowest levels of MPB but from what I understand seafoods are a staple choice for them and likewise PUFA intake is higher because of that but the ratios are a hell of a lot better from fish. Also the other thing is fish provides quality protein while nuts don't really tbh. PUFAs from nuts are terribly imbalance in O3:O6 department and the fact that they are nuts which I dont think are meant for human eating, maybe very very sparingly.

mrchibbs

I’m not sold on eating PUFAs causing PUFA accumulation, I think eating too much in general causes their accumulation as part of the inflammatory response. Same with iron, phosphorus etc. Of course eating too much AND eating lots of PUFAs (and iron and phosphorus and...) sounds like a very bad idea.

otherwise steps 2-4 I wholeheartedly agree @mrchibbs just wanna emphasize that “eat protein” ought to be Peat friendly proteins such as gelatin first and foremost

I think you've got something there. When I say avoid PUFAs it's really avoid ''unnecessary'' PUFAs in the form of vegetable oils or nuts or grains or industrial eggs. I don't care one bit about the PUFAs in shellfish, or in good eggs, or bacon for that matters. (I wish there wasn't any though)

However, the more you eat, the more you'll have stored in your tissues. And I think this is tragically a mistake many people make when ''Peating'' they eat so much that they gain a lot of fat because they can't oxidize glucose properly, and then they start having more FFA from their fat stores which further suppresses metabolism. I do think people need to eat a lot to recover, but that usually involves small meals (so the body isn't overwhelmed with large amounts of glucose), and fructose early in the day, when we're most likely to be in a ''diabetic'' state.

Ableton

What do you guys think?

in literally one of my last 2 posts I stated that anecdotally heated fats seem to cause inflammation in me, even if saturated...
I have no scientific evidence for this whatsoever though
2 boiled eggs with a spoon of butter after: no itch/sebum (I am not only talking about scalp here), no acne coming up, better digestion, not smelling as easily.
2 scrambled eggs baked in butter: all of the above, although since i fixed my digestion it is not as bad anymore
same for olive oil as dressing, non heated: no response. as soon as i heat it up and it eat, I get symptoms (even if done carefully below smoking point)

Honestly it feels like heated fats give me an androgenic response, it might just be stress hormones though. IDK

However, due to realizing this pretty early (before my peat days) I definitely avoided heated fats MUCH more than the average person, and still balded.

maybe your oxidation is slow and you benefit from speeding it up, contrary to me.
this would be the gbol explanation anyways

Last edited:

Ableton

That theory is probably BS. Humans have been cooking with fat for millennia.

not a good reason imo.
You can argue mother nature could not foresee that humans will be able to control heat/fire whatsoever.
I do not want to argue for eating everything raw though, I would never do that and do not think it's beneficial either for most foods

mrchibbs

not a good reason imo.
You can argue mother nature could not foresee that humans will be able to control heat/fire whatsoever.
I do not want to argue for eating everything raw though, I would never do that and do not think it's beneficial either for most foods

I just don't see anything valid in this theory.

mrchibbs

That's fine. I do, anecdotally, so I shared my anecdote.

Thank you for everything you do in this forum btw, I really appreciate it!

Thank you, I appreciate our exchanges as well!

Ableton

The perhaps clearest anecdote I can think of regarding that:

Every time I eat something with heated fats I feel like washing my face afterwards. Even if I am not involved in the cooking process (in restaurants or something)
There is definitely some sebum production or sweat response going on.
I have this as long as I can remember; and I do not think this is the norm.
I def. also have that if the fat is saturated.

Any1 else has this?

PhilParma

I'm sure this is idiotic, but if the hair follicle requires so much glucose, then what about applying sugar directly to the scalp?

mrchibbs

I'm sure this is idiotic, but if the hair follicle requires so much glucose, then what about applying sugar directly to the scalp?

It's idiotic. However most ideas are idiotic until they aren't. I'm sure if someone wanted to, they could lather their bare scalp in honey everyday. It could be a genius move.

But it's idiotic really because it does nothing to address the reason why the hair follicles aren't getting enough glucose in the first place.

wavelength123

Idk about cooked vs raw fat specifically but there might definitely be something worth mentioning: we’ve been cooking foods for hundreds of thousands of years using ancestral techniques and therefore rather low temperatures and slow preparation of meals.

I’d need to go back to my biochemistry classes and look at denaturation of amino acids and fatty acids in depth. Our immune system has a pretty strong tendency to attack anything that’s deemed foreign.

anecdotally I’ve certainly been steaming and boiling way more than brutal pan frying, since going from a carnivore based diet back to more starch based.

D

Deleted member 5487

You can disagree with me all you want but I know I’m right. Asia is such a bad example, it’s painfully obvious you’ve never been there. Turns out I’m part Vietnamese and visit my family there often. They are NOT skinny fat (average BMI 21) and wherever their fat levels creep up their baldness gets worse.

To baldly go: millennials fuel Asian rise in hair transplants

With hair loss on the rise, Asia's men grapple with what it means to be bald

here is my 1.5 month progress while on Anabolic steroids (currently Trestolone, which is 2x as androgenic as DHT)

• End of March
F65-E5555-F8-A6-434-A-B34-B-182-ABCA84-E31

1-D52-AB17-092-C-408-E-84-A0-82-EB0-B714243

• Today
3-E08-C6-EF-AD71-484-D-A688-B4-A7-A27543-CA

63996334-F665-47-BB-AF93-B9-AA53-D39-F34

First set of pictures: low carb high fat diet mostly saturated. Protein around 200g.

Second set: rice and fruit based, more veggies, low fat nearly all polyunsaturated (essential fats from nuts seeds and fish). Protein still around 200g. No dairy no eggs no bread no manmade trash. One cheat meal in 6 weeks (good ole KFC hot wings no fries tho!).

NO minoxidil NO 5ar inhibitors (useless against Trestolone anyway) NO derma rolling NO thyroid NO topicals NOTHING. Still some work to do to fill in the top and front and undo all the damage that eating wrong stuff has done to me. Will take a few months obviously. Shedding is GONE.

It’s not androgens. All diet. Follicle loss = apoptosis (cancer metabolism)

Awesome. Where is the 200g of protein coming from?

wavelength123

^^^ I’ve cut that in half and any and all skin shedding has stopped. I think too much protein dehydrates me, or perhaps it’s the lack of intense training with quarantine. I’ve also dropped the trestolone and am back to using low doses of HCG to maintain a natural hormonal profile. I like HCG a lot as I believe our environment is harsh on our HPTA and this hinders full GnRH release. In any event bloodworks look better on HCG v “truly” natural.

Anyways long story short: lean meats, fish, collagen peptides, fat free milk. I’ve dropped the meats.

baccheion

^^^ I’ve cut that in half and any and all skin shedding has stopped. I think too much protein dehydrates me, or perhaps it’s the lack of intense training with quarantine. I’ve also dropped the trestolone and am back to using low doses of HCG to maintain a natural hormonal profile. I like HCG a lot as I believe our environment is harsh on our HPTA and this hinders full GnRH release. In any event bloodworks look better on HCG v “truly” natural.

Anyways long story short: lean meats, fish, collagen peptides, fat free milk. I’ve dropped the meats.
Any labs run? More protein requires more vitamin A. Vitamin A slows shedding, I believe..

What macros (grams of each fat, carbs, etc)? CRON-o-meter screenshot?

Should consume nothing other than truly pastured organic egg yolks, electrolyte water (including calcium), and vitamin C. :tongueout:

Organic Egg Scorecard - Cornucopia Institute

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5487

I am currently doing only potato protein, it honestly seems more than enough which scares me.

Fish and Shellfish are likely optimal for additional protein not obtained from rice/potatos.

Good Proteins, Bad Proteins: The Amino Acids in Health and Disease - 180 Degree Health

taurine-content-yamori-fig12-300x187.png

We can see they have MUCH better protein compositions. Taruine, Glycine, additional micro nutrients and minerals like zinc/selenium/managanese all which will aid in glucose oxidation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals