My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

CLASH

It's like the original Atkins Diet, but with lots and lots of sugar.

Its a marriage between carnivore and fruitarian essentially. If I could include dairy I would, but it messes me up too much (I've tested positive for an allergy to casein even tho I'm genetically lactase persistent. I also react terribly to opiates and opiate based foods in general). Dairy would round out my nutrients perfectly. The only thing I'm missing on the diet is calcium. Haven't gotten a solution to that yet.

lvysaur

The only thing I'm missing on the diet is calcium. Haven't gotten a solution to that yet.
sardines/anchovies?
If you're worried about PUFA you could try to find tropical water anchovies.
I've had the Stolephorus indicus species, they're not too oily or fishy tasting.

eggshell calcium also works

jet9

Great thread so far!

Here is my experience with 0 starch (I was completely starch free for about 8 months and eating fruits, honey, meats, seafood, some veggies, nothing else (so very clean with no white sugar, etc)

Pros:
-more positive, no/less negative thoughts about minor things
-better/quicker cognition
-better social interactions
-I am lean by nature, but no starch made me even more leaner

Cons:
-only doable if you eat higher fat (meats or dairy), I don’t do dairy cause so I have to eat more meat.
-have to eat more frequently
-harder to concentrate for extended periods of time
-a bit of anxiety / not productive hyperfocus

When I add starches to combat some of the above mentioned cons I do mostly sweet potatoes and squashes.
Never grains (it’s the worst food item out there for me), or rice.

Sefton10

Its a marriage between carnivore and fruitarian essentially. If I could include dairy I would, but it messes me up too much (I've tested positive for an allergy to casein even tho I'm genetically lactase persistent. I also react terribly to opiates and opiate based foods in general). Dairy would round out my nutrients perfectly. The only thing I'm missing on the diet is calcium. Haven't gotten a solution to that yet.

I took a lot from some of your posts over the last few months @CLASH and have landed somewhere near what you recommend (aside from the dairy). Starch free also working well for me @Hans, I just posted an update on another thread here: Did The Victorians Have It Cracked?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
not concerned with iron/pufa?
PUFA was actually below 5g daily, which is not that high at all.
I drink milk with my meat and the calcium helps to inhibit some of the absorption of iron.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Great thread so far!

Here is my experience with 0 starch (I was completely starch free for about 8 months and eating fruits, honey, meats, seafood, some veggies, nothing else (so very clean with no white sugar, etc)

Pros:
-more positive, no/less negative thoughts about minor things
-better/quicker cognition
-better social interactions
-I am lean by nature, but no starch made me even more leaner

Cons:
-only doable if you eat higher fat (meats or dairy), I don’t do dairy cause so I have to eat more meat.
-have to eat more frequently
-harder to concentrate for extended periods of time
-a bit of anxiety / not productive hyperfocus

When I add starches to combat some of the above mentioned cons I do mostly sweet potatoes and squashes.
Never grains (it’s the worst food item out there for me), or rice.
Thanks for sharing. Great benefits indeed. Do you eat organ meats as well?

jet9

Thanks for sharing. Great benefits indeed. Do you eat organ meats as well?
I do liver and marrow. I believe beef marrow is the type of fat that helped me the most to be starch free. Regular beef fat (from meat or tallow) did not work as well.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I do liver and marrow. I believe beef marrow is the type of fat that helped me the most to be starch free. Regular beef fat (from meat or tallow) did not work as well.
Interesting.
Have you tried other organ meat as well? I've found that micronutrient intake can actually be a bit low even with lots of meat in the diet if there aren't organ meat or shellfish in the diet as well (or a whole lot of milk).

gaze

I’m on day 3 of no white rice or potatoes and I got a ghost whipe. I think my biggest problem previously was the reheated rice I was eating, often 3 or 4 days old in the fridge. not sure how much of it turns to resistant starch, but I’m definitely cautious of RS

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I’m on day 3 of no white rice or potatoes and I got a ghost whipe. I think my biggest problem previously was the reheated rice I was eating, often 3 or 4 days old in the fridge. not sure how much of it turns to resistant starch, but I’m definitely cautious of RS
Great stuff. Yeah, it turns into resistant starch in a surprisingly short period of time. Just the immediate cooling process starts turning starch into resistant starch.

CLASH

sardines/anchovies?
If you're worried about PUFA you could try to find tropical water anchovies.
I've had the Stolephorus indicus species, they're not too oily or fishy tasting.

eggshell calcium also works

I do eat sardines once in a while with my family, but I scrape out the fatty sections. While I'm not a fan of PUFA I do enjoy and think a moderate amount of seafood is important (although I dont think I'd be able to eat enough sardines regularly to have my calcium balance my phosphorous to the Peat standard). My preference is for shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams, mussels, cod, and the occasional sardines. Canned sardines in water are a good traveling food with jerky and dried fruits.

Recoen

@Hans will you please share what your workouts look like while on the starch free, zero fiber woe?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals