Why does starch make me see the world differently?

:lol::rollingredThat was embarrassing on his part lol

Since this entire forum basically is one big orthorexic mental disorder (sorry to those who are actually healthy) thought I'd mention that it's quite common to feel crappy after eating 'bad' foods for people in eating disorder recovery, whether it's dairy, sugar, wheat, potatoes, a burger, whatever the 'bad' food is that its being restricted. Most people in active mental disorders feel better when they only eat their safe foods.

Let me guess ... You're one of the "healthy" members, right? Got a post count in the thousands ... Yep, she's healthy! Keep posting and you'll join her ranks.

haha.jpg

Vajra

Let me guess ... You're one of the "healthy" members, right? Got a post count in the thousands ... Yep, she's healthy! Keep posting and you'll join her ranks.

View attachment 33485
If this is OC I like the addition of the red light.

Anyways, I think it's probably its effects on digestion, no @Grouptose? Mine is all over the place without rhyme or reason sometimes so it's really good you're finding what works for you. Personally I don't seem to notice anything if I have potatoes for dinner or not but maybe I'm just not zoned in enough. But coincidentaly, the past few days I haven't had starch in a while and had been having some jam and grapes (is it the fiber?) and (gone now) I noticed a very effortless sense of tranquility throughout the day, as if I was watching through my eyes the world unfold instead of being within it. Not rare or anything but was maybe interesting to take note of.

jet9

Today I tried quitting starch, I had meat and mangos for breakfast with salted tangerine juice. I felt this sensation that I was being elevated and I was finally becoming free, it was like a freedom from a prison that I didn't know I was even locked up in. It's hard to pinpoint what exactly I was free from, but as soon as I ate starch again for lunch (sweet potatoes) I felt like I was back in this prison. Starch sort of creates this barrier and prevents me from seeing another side of the world, honestly though it did feel a little overwhelming and eating the starch sort of brought me back to "normal". But I really want to try this again, I really liked that side of the world.

The way I saw the world with no starch was like I could think and come up with new ideas, I felt like I was living rather than letting my life just move on as I doze off and scroll through my phone. There's just something about starch that puts me into that mode. When I went keto a while back I thought that "carbs" were the problem and I felt better because I cut "carbs" but it really was just the starch. Because even with fruit and other sugars, I feel that same feeling. It's this weird bliss, like nothing is holding me back. Anyone else experience this?
Sure, I get similar effect from starch, in fact LOTS of people on this forum do, just google “site:raypeatforum.com starch makes me” or “starch brain fog”, etc... for threads.

Also search for posts by Jennifer, Waremu, Clash, Ania, etc (no starch crew) - you will learn a lot and it might save you time from trial erroring on your self :)

Last edited:

jomamma007

I get shake yet without starch, but feel way better in nearly every other way from mood, energy, recovery from workouts, sexual satisfaction, etc.
For me it was the 2nd day without starch as I still had some in my from dinner 2 days before, and my whole outlook changed as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals