Severe stomach problems, impossible to eat enough

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
Funny how Dr Peat never talked about stool tests. I wonder why a bacteria which sufficiently problematic would not show up in a blood test?
How would you know it was a bacteria and which one, though, that's the question.. A lot of blood markers tend to be non-specific, e.g. the acute phase reactants rise for a number of reasons. It seems Peat was for antibiotics and reducing bacterial numbers down... So the way I see it using a stool test from one of the few good labs gives you a lay of the land and then you'll know what protocol to use. Parasites need longer protocols for example, due to their lifecycles.

Also we have herbs that can do the job just as well as drugs, without many side-effects and the potential for yeast overgrowth (as many herbs are anti-bacterial/fungal/parasitic)... So the man was a genius, but that doesn't mean that by standing on his shoulders we can't do some things in a better/safer or at least different way (i.e. with lab tests and supplements/herbs that he didn't approve of or endorse)... There are many ways to the top of the mountain... Not everyone needs to do a stool test, but if you're suffering for months or years and all the trial and error isn't making a dent, it may be time to stop guessing and start testing.

Peatress

How would you know it was a bacteria and which one, though, that's the question.. A lot of blood markers tend to be non-specific, e.g. the acute phase reactants rise for a number of reasons. It seems Peat was for antibiotics and reducing bacterial numbers down... So the way I see it using a stool test from one of the few good labs gives you a lay of the land and then you'll know what protocol to use. Parasites need longer protocols for example, due to their lifecycles.

Also we have herbs that can do the job just as well as drugs, without many side-effects and the potential for yeast overgrowth (as many herbs are anti-bacterial/fungal/parasitic)... So the man was a genius, but that doesn't mean that by standing on his shoulders we can't do some things in a better/safer or at least different way (i.e. with lab tests and supplements/herbs that he didn't approve of or endorse)... There are many ways to the top of the mountain... Not everyone needs to do a stool test, but if you're suffering for months or years and all the trial and error isn't making a dent, it may be time to stop guessing and start testing.
I did do a stool test via doctor which yielded nothing useful. (this was before I became really sceptical of my doctors) I still think it was just data harvesting for them. In my experience so called functional medical doctors have a way of extracting a lot of money out of unwitting clients by recommending lots of unhelpful tests and then lots of quite harmful "protocols". Better and safer than Ray Peat? It's yet to be seen but good luck trying

Last edited:

chrstn4o

Forum Supporter
I did do a tool test via doctor which yielded nothing useful. (this was before I became really sceptical of my doctors) I still think it was just data harvesting for them. In my experience so called functional medical doctors have a way of extracting a lot of money out of unwitting clients by recommending lots of unhelpful tests and then lots of quite harmful "protocols". Better and safer than Ray Peat? It's yet to be seen but good luck trying
Running one or two tests is not exactly extracting much. Also the test and lab do matter, the stuff you get from most doctors would leave a bad taste in your mouth, given how unhelpful they tend to be. Many practitioners have wisened up to the over testing that was happening and are not doing thousands of dollars worth of testing, but use a bit of blood work and a few select tests, but sparingly, not all and not with every client. Sorry to hear your experience with this stuff was disappointing, I hear too many of these accounts unfortunately... There are better ways of doing the functional thing for sure. So many clients get put on hrt as first line of therapy.. It is ridiculous... Anyway, we've derailed the thread enough.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals