No Starch - Enough Calories & Staying Satiated

Spartan300

I have never really given a chance to one piece of advice which is often cited here - no starch.

I believe digestion is a key part of the health puzzle & I have read many times of the benefits others have found by ditching starch - better sleep, more lean mass, better mood etc..

Much has improved for me recently after trying thyroid for a second time but I still experience near constant gurgling and stomach discomfort so I have decided to give the no starch thing an honest go.

Midway through my second day my stomach is settling down but I'm so hungry! I had hoped I might just be able to substitute fruit for potatoes/cereals/rice with meals but that doesn't seem like it is going to be enough.

Maybe I'm just revealing how undernourished I am?
Sweet potatoes with evening meals are a good option but I'm going to need some variety. I know fruit juices will be recommended & I'm happy to do so but I don't have an office job & days when I work I'm on the go a lot of the time.

I'd be grateful for tips on how others manage this? Thanks

laleto12

Idk how some people on here eat so much sugar. I cant eat too much carbs even with starch let alone just sugar

M

metabolizm

You must have missed this discussion.

I've been avoiding starch until dinnertime. That seems to work quite well. If you don't eat any starch you're likely to be hungry all the time, unless you're drinking like a gallon of milk every day and eating loads of ripe fruit, which is just not realistic for most people.

Last edited by a moderator:

redsun

I have never really given a chance to one piece of advice which is often cited here - no starch.

I believe digestion is a key part of the health puzzle & I have read many times of the benefits others have found by ditching starch - better sleep, more lean mass, better mood etc..

Much has improved for me recently after trying thyroid for a second time but I still experience near constant gurgling and stomach discomfort so I have decided to give the no starch thing an honest go.

Midway through my second day my stomach is settling down but I'm so hungry! I had hoped I might just be able to substitute fruit for potatoes/cereals/rice with meals but that doesn't seem like it is going to be enough.

Maybe I'm just revealing how undernourished I am?
Sweet potatoes with evening meals are a good option but I'm going to need some variety. I know fruit juices will be recommended & I'm happy to do so but I don't have an office job & days when I work I'm on the go a lot of the time.

I'd be grateful for tips on how others manage this? Thanks

You need to replace some of those calories with fats if you are going to do no starch. Just trying to replace starch calories with sugar calories rarely works.

thomas00

Ah, no starch. The black belt of Peating.

I'm pretty satisfied just on (full fat)milk+sugar, OJ, cheese, Coffee with gelatin all day. I don't count calories. It's nice not to have to cook. The only times I don't feel satisfied eating like this is if I get sick and it puts me under stress. I'll just add meat and seafood if that happens.

Filling a thermos up with milk and honey or sugar is good if you are on the go. Cheese is kind of portable I guess. Same with hardboiled eggs.

No starch was very, very hard for me to initiate but once I got into the routine it was easy. I've got junk food sitting in the cupboard I would normally binge on once a week as a treat. I have no such desire for those things now.

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Any idea how many calories you get like that?

Safe to say that you have no trouble digesting milk?

thomas00

not sure to be honest, I must drink 2 litres of milk per day. I'm still using lactose free milk and I'm fine with that. Not quite ready to test drive regular milk yet. I became lactose intolerant in my mid 20's when my health really crashed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals