Sweet potatoes turn me into shrek instantly

Grouptose

So I ate some sweet potatoes for dinner and I started letting out nuclear level gas bombs all over the place, it sort of feels like the fiber has an assault rifle and started shooting my stomach from 84 angles.

So what's going on? When I eat white potatoes I don't have this gas but I get vomiting (Because it's a nightshade I think). White rice makes me feel like a worthless donkey right after eating it, bread and pasta (we ain't even gotta talk about gluten).

So what? There really seems to be no starch left to eat. Starch is unnatural for humans after all so it makes sense, might have to go full on no starch now. My parents keep getting mad at me because I keep avoiding meals with them aswell, this ***t sucks

Edit: And yes I'm well aware that this sounds like an eating disorder, well I'm gonna have to eat in order to get rid of the disorder so I can't just ignore my digestion and eat "all food" I'm generally interested in this now. Once you find this forum, it seems that it's very hard to go back to living in a fantasy where all food is good for you. So I'm on this journey for good digestion now it seems like

Last edited:
So I ate some sweet potatoes for dinner and I started letting out nuclear level gas bombs all over the place, it sort of feels like the fiber has an assault rifle and started shooting my stomach from 84 angles.

So what's going on? When I eat white potatoes I don't have this gas but I get vomiting (Because it's a nightshade I think). White rice makes me feel like a worthless donkey right after eating it, bread and pasta (we ain't even gotta talk about gluten).

So what? There really seems to be no starch left to eat. Starch is unnatural for humans after all so it makes sense, might have to go full on no starch now. My parents keep getting mad at me because I keep avoiding meals with them aswell, this ***t sucks

Edit: And yes I'm well aware that this sounds like an eating disorder, well I'm gonna have to eat in order to get rid of the disorder so I can't just ignore my digestion and eat "all food" I'm generally interested in this now. Once you find this forum, it seems that it's very hard to go back to living in a fantasy where all food is good for you. So I'm on this journey for good digestion now it seems like

I like the last part of your post about "going back to living in a fantasy where all food is good for you." Ignorance is bliss isn't it?

I would guess you have some micro-organisms that set up shop in your intestines and are "snacking on your groceries". You might want to get that carrot salad in your routine, or bamboo shoots, and get them gone.

...judging by the fact that this is the third starch related post you've made in 24 hours, I would say just never eat it again. Clearly it has an incredibly negative effect on you.

aliml

Why Beans Don’t Cause Gas​

by Karen R. Hurd

One of the most frequent questions or rather I should say accusations that I receive is “I can’t eat beans, they cause gas!” It is always said with vehemence as if there is no arguing the fact. Well, I argue it. Beans do not cause gas. The culprit is something else, and beans just show up at the scene of the crime and are erroneously blamed.

First, I would like to relate a true story that occurred with one of my clients. A young man from Canada called me for a consultation. His complaint: flatulence. He had no other health issues except the debilitating problem of gas. For most people gas is a social problem—causing embarrassment. For this young man, it was excruciating painful, causing bloating that was so intense that he would double over in pain. He would commonly miss work because he was unable to function as the problem was so bad. He had been to see many physicians for his problem, but to no avail.

I took a lengthy amount of time to explain to him how I believed he got to the point at which he was. I purposely left the answer to his problem until the end, as I knew the response I would have received if I told him at the beginning of the conversation what the solution was. But oftentimes the response at the end is the same as if I said it at the beginning. But I always hope for different. So I delivered the summary, “In order to take care of your gas problem, you will have to eat beans.”

He exploded just as I expected. “Beans! Are you kidding? Beans cause gas. I haven’t touched a bean in years!”

I calmly responded, “You haven’t eaten a bean in years?”

“Yes, that is correct.”

“Okay, then riddle me this batman.” I couldn’t help but use this phrase from my growing up years in the sixties. Do you remember the Batman and Robin television series? Okay, okay, I’m dating myself. See if you can figure out how old I am! Alright, enough teasing. Now back to my story.

I said to the young man, “Okay, let’s walk through this. If beans cause gas . . .”

“Right.”

“And you haven’t had a bean in years . . .”

“Right.”

“Then what in the world, sir, is causing your gas? It can’t be beans!”

“Uh, I never thought of it that way.”

“Of course, you didn’t. So now let me teach you. Remember how I just told you that . . .”

And so I re-summarized everything that I had just told him. Now I will tell you.

Beans are a bile magnet. Bile and beans have an incredible affinity or liking for one another. They make a sort of chemical bond that is almost impossible to break. Most of the other foods with which bile binds in the intestinal tract are foods with which the bile makes temporary bonds. But when the bean enters, the bile leaves all other foods behind and rushes to make a permanent bond with the bean.

Now you must know something else about bile. This digestive fluid that the liver makes is released into the duodenum (the first part of the small intestine). It travels to the last part of the small intestine, doing its digestive work, and when it reaches the terminal part of the ileum, bile is reabsorbed and returns to the liver! How much bile returns? Ninety to ninety-five percent!

Please understand that bile is the trash truck for the liver. The liver cleans the blood stream of fat soluble waste and deposits it in the bile. Hopefully the bile will make it past the terminal part of the ileum, get into the large intestine and make its way on out into the toilet. However, that is not what is happening in the normal American’s digestive tract. The bile returns to the liver with its garbage in tow!

Unless the bile meets up with the mighty bean.

The soluble fiber in a bean binds tightly with the bile. Interestingly, soluble fiber has a very unique characteristic. It cannot cross the intestinal barrier anywhere. Period.

So if the bile is bound to the soluble fiber in a bond that cannot be broken, when the bile tries to reabsorb and return to the liver, it will find that it cannot, because the soluble fiber will not allow that passage. Therefore, the bile with all of its toxic liver trash will be tossed into the toilet in the form of a bowel movement.

What if the bile is not tossed into the toilet? What happens then? When it returns to the liver, full of trash, the liver is waiting with more trash. The liver is constantly filtering the blood stream. Just because the bile is running around in the gastro-intestinal tract doesn’t mean the liver stops filtering blood. So the returning bile is loaded down with more toxic waste as it passes through the liver again. So the cycle goes, until the recycling bile is so loaded down with garbage that it can no longer do an efficient job in digesting the foods in the intestinal tract. Instead of digesting the foods, the bile ferments the foods. Fermentation always causes gas. Now we have a problem with flatulence.

The answer is to get rid of the nasty bile. If we had new, fresh clean bile then the foods would not be fermented but digested properly, and no gas would form. How can we get rid of the nasty bile? Eat beans!

Remember that when the beans enter the intestinal tract that the foul bile will immediately rush to bind with the soluble fiber found in the bean. The bile is still saturated with toxic waste that causes fermentation. So the first thing to be fermented is the bean! So the bean gets the blame for causing the gas, when really it is the nasty bile that is causing the gas.

If we want to get rid of gas, we must eat beans so that we can throw the foul bile away into the toilet. New bile will then be made that is not noxious. New bile will digest foods and not ferment them. Therefore the flatulence problem will clear up.

I should finish the story of the young man from Canada. He dutifully ate his beans. I had him start at six servings a day. The frequency was the critical issue, not the amount, although I did ask him to eat one-half cup for each serving. I asked him to call me in a few weeks as he should be seeing results by then.

In one week he called. “I couldn’t wait any longer to call you. I just wanted you to know that I no longer have any gas. I am eating my beans faithfully and they’re working! I even take them to Pizza Hut with me and I don’t get gas there!”

I have many stories to tell you about beans and gas, but suffice it to say that the bean really is the answer to flatulence. No longer blame the bean, blame bile for your gas. Then begin to toss away your recycled bile by eating your soluble fiber.

Enjoy a gas-free life. Eat your beans!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals