Fruit feels like an addiction

Grouptose

This is my 4th day with no starches, and I don't feel like I'm that "hungry" like I was on the first few days, but there's this inner craving for fruit that is never satisfied. No matter how much fruit I eat, no matter how much juice I drink, it's just this inner craving that's so strong. I feel really good with no starches but this is one major downside, it feels sort of stressful in a way. I woke up after 7 hours of sleep, I usually like getting 9, but my eyes are just glued open and I always want sugar. All day I think of drinking frozen juice.

So, this feels like an addiction and I'm not liking this. It's hard to notice at first, but the more I eat a lot of fruit the more I realize that I'm turning into some sort of sugar junkie. I know sugar is promoted in the ray peat forum but I need to ask you guys, how do you do it? I would use lactose but I'm lactose intolerant, fructose just has this insatiable/addictive effect on me.

I was planning on doing 1 week of this but if I keep going it's gonna be harder to quit fructose in the end. And yes I know that fructose is beneficial for certain things like lowering SHBG and increasing testosterone, but the major problem is the addictive nature of it, I like having a "comfort zone" when it comes to diets, where I can get all the nutrients I need, and feel satiated, only eating 3 meals a day and not craving anything. Without starches, the only way to achieve that would be to do a carnivore diet (and we know the problems that come with that) so it seems at some point I'm gonna have to add some kind of starch back in. Possibly well cooked tubers like potatoes and sweet potatoes.

I already eat enough fat aswell, and I use salt. Even consuming more calories doesn't work because the more fruit I eat the more I want to eat it, it feels like I'm munching on cake or ice cream all day long, especially whilst eating sweet fruits like mangos and papayas.

SamYo123

This is my 4th day with no starches, and I don't feel like I'm that "hungry" like I was on the first few days, but there's this inner craving for fruit that is never satisfied. No matter how much fruit I eat, no matter how much juice I drink, it's just this inner craving that's so strong. I feel really good with no starches but this is one major downside, it feels sort of stressful in a way. I woke up after 7 hours of sleep, I usually like getting 9, but my eyes are just glued open and I always want sugar. All day I think of drinking frozen juice.

So, this feels like an addiction and I'm not liking this. It's hard to notice at first, but the more I eat a lot of fruit the more I realize that I'm turning into some sort of sugar junkie. I know sugar is promoted in the ray peat forum but I need to ask you guys, how do you do it? I would use lactose but I'm lactose intolerant, fructose just has this insatiable/addictive effect on me.

I was planning on doing 1 week of this but if I keep going it's gonna be harder to quit fructose in the end. And yes I know that fructose is beneficial for certain things like lowering SHBG and increasing testosterone, but the major problem is the addictive nature of it, I like having a "comfort zone" when it comes to diets, where I can get all the nutrients I need, and feel satiated, only eating 3 meals a day and not craving anything. Without starches, the only way to achieve that would be to do a carnivore diet (and we know the problems that come with that) so it seems at some point I'm gonna have to add some kind of starch back in. Possibly well cooked tubers like potatoes and sweet potatoes.

I already eat enough fat aswell, and I use salt. Even consuming more calories doesn't work because the more fruit I eat the more I want to eat it, it feels like I'm munching on cake or ice cream all day long, especially whilst eating sweet fruits like mangos and papayas.
"Eat as much carbs as you want" - durianrider

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Is your libido lowered as well?
Not really, it actually seems to be increased. It's very strange, because I feel a little fatigued, foggy, my voice is higher pitched and I lost some muscle, but my libido is higher. It seems like I have control over it, like when I don't want an erection I don't get one, and when I want one I get a painful one.

I've had similar addictive tendencies towards fruit my entire life. Doesn't matter the composition of the rest of my diet. Once I start eating fruit, I can't stop. Always bothered me, but never found a solution.

Drinking OJ is different though, I don't feel the need to drink more after one glass. The addictive feeling only happens when eating solid fruits of any kind.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

I've had similar addictive tendencies towards fruit my entire life. Doesn't matter the composition of the rest of my diet. Once I start eating fruit, I can't stop. Always bothered me, but never found a solution.

Drinking OJ is different though, I don't feel the need to drink more after one glass. The addictive feeling only happens when eating solid fruits of any kind.
Yes I think orange juice should be fine, I'm probably gonna switch back to starches and only drink OJ as a fruit source. I still have some papayas and mangos left but when I finish them I'm gonna stop the fruit. I have self control for this kind of stuff so I'm guessing it will be easy

LLight

I wondered because oxytocin seems to be linked to sugar cravings somehow and might be with libido too.

Oxytocin preferentially suppresses intake of sweet-tasting carbohydrates

We conclude that OT inhibits appetite for carbohydrates. Sucrose consumption considerably enhances Ot gene expression and is particularly sensitive to OT receptor blockade, suggesting a special functional relationship between OT and sugar intake.

Results: Oxytocin positively impacted a number of components of sexual function, including libido, erection, and orgasm, and was well tolerated.

jet9

Interesting, so it’s fiber then?

Smelly5

How much saturated fat are you eating?
Do you drink coffee, take stimulants or thyroid?
Do you have other symptoms?
How much protein in grams do you get a day?

Dean

I have the same problem with fruit. Is it a craving for more fruit (fructose) or for a balance with some glucose? I've just started experimenting with cooked fruit that has added sugar, at least in morning and night when the cravings can be more distracting. Also, I've been eating some candy (something like marshmallows) with or after fruit to nip any potential cravings or lack of satisfaction in the bud.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals