Dealing With Candida And Digestive Problems

L

lollipop

I know this is old. But, I have to disagree with this. White potatoes destroy my gut anytime I eat them. I can't handle starch from any source. I can only tolerate sugar.
What fascinates me is how different we all are. I also think everyone's starting point is different. Being on this forum since May 2015, I have noticed that there is simply not a "one path = correct". Lots of variance - sort of like many paths up the mountain. The single mostly agreed upon "thing" is most people feel/do better with lower PUFA's.

stargazer1111

The funny thing is, I believed that PUFAs were toxic before I had ever even heard of Peat. I realized it a few years ago when I was studying in my first biochemistry class. The multiple double bonds in the carbon chain lead to radical compounds that are extremely toxic. I was surprised to read that the textbook got the chemistry right about how polyunsaturated fats are unstable and prone to oxidation and rancidity very easily. And then in the next paragraph, the textbook pushed this anti-saturated fat propaganda, completely contradicting the chemistry I had just read. I knew it was total nonsense.

Also, I have an issue with people like Dr. Lustig who are putting the blame of heart disease on fructose. There is a correlation between the increase in heart disease incidence and the increase in fructose consumption over the last 120 years. However, there is a confounding variable. There is also a correlation between the increase in PUFA intake and the increase in heart disease incidence over the last 120 years. Why are these people jumping to the conclusion that fructose is the problem and not PUFA?

After studying the chemistry of both fructose and PUFA, I am relatively certain that fructose is not the problem.

L

lollipop

The funny thing is, I believed that PUFAs were toxic before I had ever even heard of Peat. I realized it a few years ago when I was studying in my first biochemistry class. The multiple double bonds in the carbon chain lead to radical compounds that are extremely toxic. I was surprised to read that the textbook got the chemistry right about how polyunsaturated fats are unstable and prone to oxidation and rancidity very easily. And then in the next paragraph, the textbook pushed this anti-saturated fat propaganda, completely contradicting the chemistry I had just read. I knew it was total nonsense.

Also, I have an issue with people like Dr. Lustig who are putting the blame of heart disease on fructose. There is a correlation between the increase in heart disease incidence and the increase in fructose consumption over the last 120 years. However, there is a confounding variable. There is also a correlation between the increase in PUFA intake and the increase in heart disease incidence over the last 120 years. Why are these people jumping to the conclusion that fructose is the problem and not PUFA?

After studying the chemistry of both fructose and PUFA, I am relatively certain that fructose is not the problem.
Very good post @stargazer1111! Interesting how you pulled that together. Nice power of inference operating in you :): Now do not get me started about your textbook having some sort of "propaganda" agenda. Crazy huh? Must be nice to have the seen and studied the chemistry for yourself. Direct experience. Much stronger than my stumbling route: Discover Ray Peat --> intuit he is correct without any reason because of my ignorance in the field --> experiment --> feel bad, learn, regroup --> clarity arises. Would have been much easier with the chemistry - lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals