CLEAR VISION AFTER QUITTING STARCH FOR 2 DAYS

Grouptose

My vision is so clear right now, all I did was stop eating starch for 2 days (this is my second day) and I'm shocked, is this how great life feels from simply eating only fruit as carbs? It wasn't this clear in the morning but towards the afternoon of the second day (which is today) I feel so clear. And it keeps getting better as I avoid starch, I don't think I'm gonna be able to look back ever again, and eating starch will never feel the same because I'll know that I'm stopping myself from feeling this good.

What is going on here? Is this all due to the downregulation of serotonin from quitting starch? Or is there more to this? Now I understand why all these gurus like doctor sebi preached about starch causing mental illnesses, they must have been onto something.

johnwester130

My vision is so clear right now, all I did was stop eating starch for 2 days (this is my second day) and I'm shocked, is this how great life feels from simply eating only fruit as carbs? It wasn't this clear in the morning but towards the afternoon of the second day (which is today) I feel so clear. And it keeps getting better as I avoid starch, I don't think I'm gonna be able to look back ever again, and eating starch will never feel the same because I'll know that I'm stopping myself from feeling this good.

What is going on here? Is this all due to the downregulation of serotonin from quitting starch? Or is there more to this? Now I understand why all these gurus like doctor sebi preached about starch causing mental illnesses, they must have been onto something.

what was your eyesight numbers before and after, for example -4

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

what was your eyesight numbers before and after, for example -4
I'm not sure I haven't checked in a long time. I'm just speaking from my field of view, like everything looks less overwhelming, easier to look at, more cool/blue color, less blurry vision and so on

I have spoke about it many times, on this forum, that my father's Alzheimer's goes away the longer he stays away from grains. He gets sleepy and quiet after a starchy meal and can't even remember what happened in a show before the commercial after the commercial passes. It takes a couple of days for him to regain his memory after just one starchy meal.

What might be going on with your clear vision is that starch can effect sinuses, causing inflammation which puts pressure on nerves.

"I asked my optometrist if there would be an association between a substance causing hypoperfusion in the brain also affects the vessels in the eye. He stated absolutely, that anything affecting the brain in that way would concurrently affect the vessels of the eye. Plus considering how small and delicate the vessels in the eye are, it wouldn’t take much to create a negative effect upon them."

You should post here what you are eating in leu of starch, cause it is a hard habit to break and a tough commitment to stick to.

Apple

So, what have you been eating instead of starchy foods ? :)
Starch free diet is definitely healing short term...2 days is nothing. Follow it for several weeks and all kind of side effects will start popping up

Starch free diet is definitely healing short term...2 days is nothing. Follow it for several weeks and all kind of side effects will start popping up
I have ONLY experienced GOOD, long term, side effects, from my going "cold turkey" giving up grains, and my father too. The first couple of days one might experience aggravation and nagging cravings for it, like my girlfriend did, but my father and I did not have that experience. I think upping sugar helps during the first few days. Strawberry milkshakes got my dad happily through it.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Instead I just have orange juice, mangos, papayas, peeled nectarines/peaches and the rest is mainly fatty cuts of beef/lamb or lamb liver, I don't really eat poultry and eggs/fish because I don't feel too good after eating them.

You might be right about long term, we'll wait and see. I'm doing this for a minimum of 1 week and a maximum of 1 month depending on how it goes. I would never eat grain starches again though because they make me feel the worst, either boiled mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes will be my go to if I return. What starches do you recommend? White potatoes seem to also cause vomiting for me because of glycoalkaloids, thats why i wanna know if boiling potatoes is safer

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

I have ONLY experienced GOOD, long term, side effects, from my going "cold turkey" giving up grains, and my father too. The first couple of days one might experience aggravation and nagging cravings for it, like my girlfriend did, but my father and I did not have that experience. I think upping sugar helps during the first few days. Strawberry milkshakes got my dad happily through it.
Grains are the worst starches anyway. I would never return to grains under any circumstances. If I wanted starch I would only eat well cooked roots/tubers.

Grains are the worst starches anyway. I would never return to grains under any circumstances. If I wanted starch I would only eat well cooked roots/tubers.

I wish I could revert to potatoes too, because they are a better starch than grains, but I get achy legs in the night after having potatoes.

Vanset

when i quit starch for several weeks i was never satiated no matter how many calories i ate i just found myself grazing on sugary things all day long with always something sugary like fruit juices besides me, kind of like a primate feeding on fruit in the crowns of trees (no offence) also muscles became way weaker. not sure how sustainable something like this is for someone who works manual labor 8-10 hours a day.

definitely experienced some positives tho, like better mood. starch kinda makee me anhedonic and robotic, but stable and robust at the same time.

when i quit starch for several weeks i was never satiated no matter how many calories i ate i just found myself grazing on sugary things all day long with always something sugary like fruit juices besides me, kind of like a primate feeding on fruit in the crowns of trees (no offence) also muscles became way weaker. not sure how sustainable something like this is for someone who works manual labor 8-10 hours a day.

definitely experienced some positives tho, like better mood. starch kinda makee me anhedonic and robotic, but stable and robust at the same time.
You definetly have to up your fats and proteins when you go starch free.

Vanset

You definetly have to up your fats and proteins when you go starch free.
if i had access to ripe fruit i'd definitely give it a go, but relying on fruit juices as my main carbohydrate source is not for me personally, too much liquid.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

I wish I could revert to potatoes too, because they are a better starch than grains, but I get achy legs in the night after having potatoes.
Potatoes make me vomit when I eat them. Infact, it gets so bad that my digestion gets blocked, I can't eat food or drink water until the next afternoon/night the day after I eat them. That's why I might try getting a pressure cooker to see if removing the lectins will help

if i had access to ripe fruit i'd definitely give it a go, but relying on fruit juices as my main carbohydrate source is not for me personally, too much liquid.

I don't even eat whole fresh fruit, I would be bloating and "crashing" all day. That is why the strawberry milkshake worked so well for my dad, getting off grains, it had a good amount of fat and protein from whole raw milk and a good amount of sugar from the strawberries and the white sugar. I would make him one at least twice the size as the ones I have pictured here, minus the whipped cream, and he would make it last a couple of hours.

Attachments

• 20201111_134242.jpg
    20201111_134242.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 36

Vanset

I don't even eat whole fresh fruit, I would be bloating and "crashing" all day. That is why the strawberry milkshake worked so well for my dad, getting off grains, it had a good amount of fat and protein from whole raw milk and a good amount of sugar from the strawberries and the white sugar. I would make him one at least twice the size as the ones I have pictured here, minus the whipped cream, and he would make it last a couple of hours.
perhaps something like this would work better, sounds yummy too. i have access to raw goats milk, but it's a bit pricey and i'd have to travel like 10 km at least once a week. i wonder how something like this would work for me in the morning tho. i have to be careful with what i eat for breakfast or i'm pretty much dead for the rest of the day. i don't need a lot for breakfast to fuel myself for several hours and so far just 100g of basmati rice with a sugary drink works well. thanks for the suggestion tho :)

perhaps something like this would work better, sounds yummy too. i have access to raw goats milk, but it's a bit pricey and i'd have to travel like 10 km at least once a week. i wonder how something like this would work for me in the morning tho. i have to be careful with what i eat for breakfast or i'm pretty much dead for the rest of the day. i don't need a lot for breakfast to fuel myself for several hours and so far just 100g of basmati rice with a sugary drink works well. thanks for the suggestion tho :)
My dad would start every day with this shake. It is something that you sip on over a period of time rather than eat all at once and get tired.

T

tca300

@Rinse & rePeat Very interesting! I remember years back when I would dump alfalfa pellets into a bowl for my goats my nose would get stuffed and I'd start sneezing. When I stopped eating starch ( just white rice at the time ) I wouldn't have that reaction or any other of my lifelong typical seasonal allergies. As soon as I had a serving of rice or other starch it would turn all those allergies right back on.

Potatoes, wheat, and undercooked white rice also gave me painful RLS back in the day.

@Rinse & rePeat Very interesting! I remember years back when I would dump alfalfa pellets into a bowl for my goats my nose would get stuffed and I'd start sneezing. When I stopped eating starch ( just white rice at the time ) I wouldn't have that reaction or any other of my lifelong typical seasonal allergies. As soon as I had a serving of rice or other starch it would turn all those allergies right back on.

Potatoes, wheat, and undercooked white rice also gave me painful RLS back in the day.

You and I both know, without a doubt, that starch is not optimal. Many people can TOLERATE them until they get older and starch has taken it's toll on health, teeth, hair, skin and pain or dementia sets in. I love a good croissant, taco or quesadilla, but I am not fooling myself into thinking those starches are good for me, but rather I need to be more mindful and pick higher quality foods before my good health goes out the window. To each his own though, I am certainly not judging anyone on their diets, just imparting first hand experience on the subject. Good for you tca300 that you got to the bottom of your issue and can move on to solving other issues, rather than eat whatever and wonder why you don't feel good.

Jon2547

I have to stay away from all corn. Not my thing at all. But I love the smell of popcorn and hardshell tacos. They just don't love me back.
I concur with what Rinse is saying. I seem to be fine, very well, on sugar in the context of ice cream or anything that has fat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals