Why antibiotics help my stomach and what to do

Elie

Forum Supporter
There’s some evidence carcavol (in oregano oil) reduces resistant bacteria. I’m not sure if it depends on dosage.

“In this study, CR treatment did not reduce the bacterial diversity in the mouse gut. To date, a majority of the antimicrobial compounds, especially antibiotics, have significantly altered the microbial diversity, and cause dysbiosis by changing the abundance of bacterial communities (Semenyuk et al., 2015). Moreover, CR treatment significantly increased the abundance of beneficial bacterial populations such as Firmicutes, specifically the members of Lactobacillaceae and Lachnospiraceae. In addition, CR treatment alone did not increase the abundance of detrimental bacterial populations compared to untreated control animals. Strikingly, CR reduced antibiotic-induced increases in the abundance of unfavorable bacterial populations such as Proteobacteria, specifically pathogenic gamma proteobacteria, including Enterobacteriaceae and other bacterial populations such as Verrucobacteria (Figure (Figure5).5). Surprisingly, this beneficial shift brought about by CR treatment in the gut microbiome of antibiotic-treated and C. difficile infected animals is very much similar to that of human patients who have undergone fecal microbiome transplantation (Weingarden et al., 2014), which is documented as one of the most effective strategies against severe C. difficile infection (Schenck et al., 2015; Ofosu, 2016). These results suggest that reduced or delayed clinical infection rate and less severe clinical presentation of CR-treated animals could attributed in part to the beneficial shift in the gut microbiome.

To conclude, our results suggest CR supplementation to be protective against C. difficile infection in mice. Carvacrol supplementation significantly reduced the incidence of diarrhea and mitigated the severity of C. difficile induced clinical symptoms, inducing a favorable shift in the composition of the gut microbiota without detrimentally affecting the gut microbiome diversity in mice.”
Interestingly the carvacrol content was very small (up to 0.1%) and didn't see a total amount t specified. Compare with high double digit percentage amounts of oregano oll supplements. I will look to see if there are any similar human studies...

Peachy

Interestingly the carvacrol content was very small (up to 0.1%) and didn't see a total amount t specified. Compare with high double digit percentage amounts of oregano oll supplements. I will look to see if there are any similar human studies...

I’d be interested to see human studies too. It looks like the .1% was the proportion of carvacrol in their powdered feed, I guess by weight. So that could be a pretty high dose in a human diet.

Santosh

There are not years of antibiotics, i only had 2 rounds of 5 days, one round in 2015 and other in 2019. Moreover i felt better after take antibiotics. I'm negative to candida test

And yet you come here with a complaint.

Listen to me and take TUDCA

Vins7

You have developed candida and liver issues after all these years of antibiotics.

I was in the same situation as you.
Here is what is going to make the biggest difference in your entire life : TUDCA.

Take 1.5g/day, it will clean your gut from bacteria and fungus, and will dissolve the sludge in your liver.
Are this effects of TUDCA that you describe permanent or you have to take TUDCA constantly to continue experiencing these anti-dysbiosis benefits?

Santosh

Are this effects of TUDCA that you describe permanent or you have to take TUDCA constantly to continue experiencing these anti-dysbiosis benefits?

Depends how much sludge it will dislodge in your biliary ducts.

A few weeks of TUDCA will certainly help clear the ducts when performing a liver flush.

Vins7

Depends how much sludge it will dislodge in your biliary ducts.

A few weeks of TUDCA will certainly help clear the ducts when performing a liver flush.
But, what does this have to do with curing fungal dysbiosis? I mean, is dysbiosis fixed cleaning the bile ducts?

LucH

A normal bile flow doesn't allow for candida and bad bacteria to settle in.
Right but I'd rather say it helps / it makes it easier for faeces to flow away. Mind MMC to prevent undigest fibers to stay in colon, especially too much starch. If stasis from faeces, it makes it easier for bacteria to proliferate => unbalanced microbiote because of stool stasis + gas in the colon (methane or hydrogen ?).

The effects of methane and hydrogen gases produced by enteric bacteria on ileal motility and colonic transit time

DOI: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2011.01819.x

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals