Tight Budget - Help Me Choose

ursidae

I’m trying to get to the bottom of my gut issues that I suspect are due to infection and insufficient production of stomach acid. I have to choose between doing one of three expensive tests

- SIBO breath test

- Impairment of digestion and absorption:
Digestive residues: fat, nitrogen, sugar, water, Pancreatic elastase; Bile acids; Calprotectin; Alpha1-antitrypsin; Secretory immunoglobulin A.

-Gastrin + Pepsinogen I + Pepsinogen II + Helicobacter Pylori IgG

Which one would you get that would give you all the answers and be the most useful?

Last edited:

Birdie

At first glance, I'd either do the first or the last one. Figure out the possible results of each test. Then, figure what you could do with any positive or negative results.

My husband was diagnosed with SIBO but didn't take the breath test.

OP
U

ursidae

At first glance, I'd either do the first or the last one. Figure out the possible results of each test. Then, figure what you could do with any positive or negative results.

My husband was diagnosed with SIBO but didn't take the breath test.
What did they prescribe? As I understand it can be hydrogen or methane or hydrogen sulfite dominant and that affects the course of treatment

OP
U

ursidae

Decided to get 1 and 3. It’s ending up quite expensive but I figure I will save money by not having to buy a ton of supplements in the future if these two tests get me to the bottom of the issue.

golder

Very interested in your journey/recovery. Could you keep us posted here? :)

Birdie

What did they prescribe? As I understand it can be hydrogen or methane or hydrogen sulfite dominant and that affects the course of treatment
Our doc didn't differentiate. Husband did the testing a year ago but hasn't used the prescribed stuff. The doctor was good enough to tell us that I could substitute if I thought other herbals were better than his. That was good, but I was too hesitant about the harsh antibiotic part.

So, I just put him on 4 days a week of artemisinin (Double Wood) and something else I think. We are thinking of using some methylene blue.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom