Help Eliminate Chronic Bloating

OP
S

Sumbody

Not from that stuff. Did you read the excipients in that product? I have no idea if you would benefit from higher doses of pure thiamine hcl. I'm not you.

Get yourself some clean pure thiamine hcl powder to try. Watch the videos I've posted. Learn what you need to take with it: magnesium, potassium (in orange juice) mainly. Be consistent with what you do; make notes. Take your temp and pulse before taking some and then an hour after taking some. If your temp goes up then the thiamine is probably improving your metabolism.
I have been taking HDT for close to a couple of weeks now and I'm just curious how long you took it before you noticed an improvement in symptoms?

I got thiamine from Bulk Supplements, so it's supposed to be pure. But one thing I may be doing wrong here is that I put it in capsules.

Each capsule has roughly 400-480 mg of Thiamine inside, so I've worked my way up to 5 capsules, roughly a little over 2 grams. And I always take it with a dose of Energin, which I also pour into a capsule and take orally. There are times perhaps about 30min or so afterward where I get a huge spike in body heat. So I'm assuming that it is being absorbed to an extent.

But I have just seen here in another post that it is best to dissolve the Thiamine in water and take it that way?

I typically take the one dose mid-morning - noon, as opposed to divided doses, as this is more convenient for me given my work schedule.

The first week I feel like I noticed some slight improvement with my bloating. However the second week, things seem to be average when it comes to the bloating, and haven't noticed much improvement yet, but then again I've only been at this for about 2 weeks.

mostlylurking

I have been taking HDT for close to a couple of weeks now and I'm just curious how long you took it before you noticed an improvement in symptoms?

I got thiamine from Bulk Supplements, so it's supposed to be pure. But one thing I may be doing wrong here is that I put it in capsules.

Each capsule has roughly 400-480 mg of Thiamine inside, so I've worked my way up to 5 capsules, roughly a little over 2 grams. And I always take it with a dose of Energin, which I also pour into a capsule and take orally. There are times perhaps about 30min or so afterward where I get a huge spike in body heat. So I'm assuming that it is being absorbed to an extent.

But I have just seen here in another post that it is best to dissolve the Thiamine in water and take it that way?

I typically take the one dose mid-morning - noon, as opposed to divided doses, as this is more convenient for me given my work schedule.

The first week I feel like I noticed some slight improvement with my bloating. However the second week, things seem to be average when it comes to the bloating, and haven't noticed much improvement yet, but then again I've only been at this for about 2 weeks.
I'm following Dr. Costantini's advice to dissolve the thiamine hcl in plain water. It tastes pretty awful but you get used to it. I try to take it by itself alone; I space at least 30 minutes away from other supplements and food. You can't tell what your response to it is if you mix it with other things. Dr. Costantini has his patients go off of all their other supplements for three months so that he can discern if the thiamine is indeed what they need. Dr. Costantini recommends splitting the dose in half, one taken before lunch, in the morning and the other taken before 3:00pm to avoid sleep disruption.

Taking thiamine does not absolve you of needing to follow a good diet. You still need to eat the raw carrot salad and/or the cooked mushrooms.

When I got up to 2 grams/day, I noticed major improvement with my gut in two days.

OP
S

Sumbody

What species/product did you take?
I took Life Extension's Bacteriophages product and Mega Sporebiotics. Those were the products, I don't have them in front of me to give you a detailed list of ingredients, but you can easily find them online.

OP
S

Sumbody

I'm following Dr. Costantini's advice to dissolve the thiamine hcl in plain water. It tastes pretty awful but you get used to it. I try to take it by itself alone; I space at least 30 minutes away from other supplements and food. You can't tell what your response to it is if you mix it with other things. Dr. Costantini has his patients go off of all their other supplements for three months so that he can discern if the thiamine is indeed what they need. Dr. Costantini recommends splitting the dose in half, one taken before lunch, in the morning and the other taken before 3:00pm to avoid sleep disruption.

Taking thiamine does not absolve you of needing to follow a good diet. You still need to eat the raw carrot salad and/or the cooked mushrooms.

When I got up to 2 grams/day, I noticed major improvement with my gut in two days.
Yeah, the taste is god awful. I just tried it in water for the first time this morning. I would also assume there could be some concern with the HCL aspect of it and teeth as well. Probably good to rinse the mouth out afterward.

I'm going to stick with this for a while. At first, I really did feel like I was getting some benefits. But the second week still notice bloating and constant belching.

We'll see how things go over time.

Vins7

Was the lack of thiamine what made you have intestinal problems then? Did you heal after taking it?

mostlylurking

Was the lack of thiamine what made you have intestinal problems then? Did you heal after taking it?
I think I was borderline deficient in thiamine and then was also given a double whammy with a course of Bactrim antibiotic which blocked my thiamine function. A lot of pharmaceutical drugs will to that. Here's an article about it: Bactrim: An Anti-Folate, Anti-Thiamine, Potassium Altering Drug - Hormones Matter I had to take three different courses of antibiotics last summer for a recurring UTI. My gut function got wiped out. The thiamine deficiency itself can mess up your digestive tract because it is required to make acetylcholine which is necessary for the autonomic nervous system to work. Here's an article about it: When SIBO & IBS-Constipation are just unrecognized thiamine deficiency

LadyRae

I've had this issue for more than 10 years.

Recently I have traveled several paths in an attempt to resolve this in regards to either candida, SIBO, or dysbiosis, but without much luck.

I have tried natural antibiotics, amoxicillin, biofilm disrupters, fiber, various natural antifungals/parasites, etc., B vitamins, thyroid (currently taking thyroid), and just recently phages and probiotics that were recommended around here.

Just about all foods seem to cause this issue, fruit perhaps a little less. I have yet to try a temporary restrictive diet like a fruit and milk regimen, but I'm a little hesitant to try that just yet.

One thing that drives me crazy is the constant belching. This occurs in the mornings upon an empty stomach as well as after meals. But it baffles me as to why it occurs even on an empty stomach and this may be telling of the cause? It's almost as if my gut is constantly producing gases. Even swallowing a pill with a small amount of water produces lots of belching.

I rarely if ever have any associated stomach pains, just the discomfort of having a severely distended gut. Plus a little bit of self-consciousness as I'm a fairly slim guy, but a swollen gut makes me look like I'm 40lbs heavier than I am.

I've also tried Betaine HCl briefly but don't remember having any changes from it. I know that carrot salad is a Peat staple but I have tried this with zero effect as well.

Typically I have on average 3-5 bowel movements a day. Although while taking the probiotics, which I have discontinued, I was down to maybe 2-3 movements at best. Mornings I have a mildly coated tongue, but nothing to the extremes of some of the images I have seen online (yuck!)

Oddly enough I did seem to get some relief which lasted a couple of weeks after taking a 7-day cycle of a prescribed fluoroquinolone antibiotic (ciprofloxacin). At the time I was unaware of the dangers of these types of antibiotics, but I was prescribed this before my knowledge of it for an unrelated issue and noticed a bit less bloating and belching afterward. Although that was short-lived.

That alone might point to a SIBO issue, but why would ciprofloxacin have that effect while amoxicillin does not?

Feel free to share what has worked for you or any recommendations you may have. I feel like I have been taking shots in the dark and need to get to a more precise dialed-in approach, so your experiences may help guide me in the right direction. Much appreciation

Recently I have traveled several paths in an attempt to resolve this in regards to either candida, SIBO, or dysbiosis, but without much luck.

I have tried natural antibiotics, amoxicillin, biofilm disrupters, fiber, various natural antifungals/parasites, etc., B vitamins, thyroid (currently taking thyroid), and just recently phages and probiotics that were recommended around here.

Just about all foods seem to cause this issue, fruit perhaps a little less. I have yet to try a temporary restrictive diet like a fruit and milk regimen, but I'm a little hesitant to try that just yet.

One thing that drives me crazy is the constant belching. This occurs in the mornings upon an empty stomach as well as after meals. But it baffles me as to why it occurs even on an empty stomach and this may be telling of the cause? It's almost as if my gut is constantly producing gases. Even swallowing a pill with a small amount of water produces lots of belching.

I rarely if ever have any associated stomach pains, just the discomfort of having a severely distended gut. Plus a little bit of self-consciousness as I'm a fairly slim guy, but a swollen gut makes me look like I'm 40lbs heavier than I am.

I've also tried Betaine HCl briefly but don't remember having any changes from it. I know that carrot salad is a Peat staple but I have tried this with zero effect as well.

Typically I have on average 3-5 bowel movements a day. Although while taking the probiotics, which I have discontinued, I was down to maybe 2-3 movements at best. Mornings I have a mildly coated tongue, but nothing to the extremes of some of the images I have seen online (yuck!)

Oddly enough I did seem to get some relief which lasted a couple of weeks after taking a 7-day cycle of a prescribed fluoroquinolone antibiotic (ciprofloxacin). At the time I was unaware of the dangers of these types of antibiotics, but I was prescribed this before my knowledge of it for an unrelated issue and noticed a bit less bloating and belching afterward. Although that was short-lived.

That alone might point to a SIBO issue, but why would ciprofloxacin have that effect while amoxicillin does not?

Feel free to share what has worked for you or any recommendations you may have. I feel like I have been taking shots in the dark and need to get to a more precise dialed-in approach, so your experiences may help guide me in the right direction. Much appreciation!
Bactrim, Camphosal, cascara, Methylene Blue, Berberine, B1 supp(allithiamine), cutting out raw veges and gluten...really helped my bloating and loose stool issues

PolishPrince

Feel free to share what has worked for you or any recommendations you may have. I feel like I have been taking shots in the dark and need to get to a more precise dialed-in approach, so your experiences may help guide me in the right direction. Much appreciation!
What I’ve found that helps is eating like a baby or really old person. Think soft, mushy and easier to digest. It has helped me with bloating and nutrient absorption.

Vins7

W
What I’ve found that helps is eating like a baby or really old person. Think soft, mushy and easier to digest. It has helped me with bloating and nutrient absorption.
What do you mean with soft, mushy and radier to digest? What foods?

nigma

I have also been bloated lately, will be trying this high dose. Its good to know the HCL is there too, no doubt that will help a little.

Dawid

Just stop fapping

docall18

Its usually estrogen bloat. If you have high estrogen symptoms with it, depressed, emotional etc, that would confirm.

OP
S

Sumbody

Its usually estrogen bloat. If you have high estrogen symptoms with it, depressed, emotional etc, that would confirm.
I'm not sure I have heard folks blame estrogen for bloating alone.

But in my case I have never had those symptoms. Tested E a while back, was low to mid range, IMO serum tests don't mean much though.

Jonk

Okay, have you noticed any improvements from anything? I notice a lot of improvement from eating less protein and fat, which I know long term isn't ideal but a few days of a diet with mostly potatoes works for me, with some well cooked vegetables and some butter/coconut oil. I have also been supplementing vitamin D for about 2 months and I do think I react less negatively to food in general, but it's still too early to tell. I read somewhere that people with IBS don't produce more than normal amounts of gas but they are unable to pass it, which I'm speculating is what I'm experiencing.

OP
S

Sumbody

Okay, have you noticed any improvements from anything?
Nah, not really.

Maybe a little change once when I had taken a course of Ciprofloxacin about 7 or 8 years ago.

It seems bacterial or fungal in nature, but all the things I have tried won't touch it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals