HELP Me Heal My GUT !!

Vins7

Have you tried a day or two-long bone broth fast? You could do carrot salad + bone broth + maybe some coffee w/milk.

Have you tried colonic hydrotherapy?
Cleaning the gut with a colon hydrotherapy could help significantly with bloating and digestion?

OP
C

Cheese liver

Cleaning the gut with a colon hydrotherapy could help significantly with bloating and digestion?
Yes i did thought about that but the process seems really difficult to incorporate so m quite hesitant to do so. I also wanted to add that I woudnt say im facing digestion issues like diarrhea or constipation per say, its more akin to abdominal pain and at times bloating so I think it might be SIBO. Planning to get tests done to find the root cause.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Hey guys why do you think in some cases SIBO reoccurs after completing a course of antibiotics and any way to avoid that ?

JacobG

Frequently because you did not kill the infection. Otherwise, your diet or abnormal physiology (low stomach acid/bile/enzymes, slow transit time) allowed a new dysbiosis to emerge.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Frequently because you did not kill the infection. Otherwise, your diet or abnormal physiology (low stomach acid/bile/enzymes, slow transit time) allowed a new dysbiosis to emerge.
The thing is after the week course of antibiotics my symptoms are returning and I have again implemented Rifaximin along with carrot salad, mushroom and bamboo shoots daily. And again I'm beginning to heal. In your opinion how long should I apply these tactics to get rid of it for good ? Also worried about side affects from Rifaximin

JacobG

The thing is after the week course of antibiotics my symptoms are returning and I have again implemented Rifaximin along with carrot salad, mushroom and bamboo shoots daily. And again I'm beginning to heal. In your opinion how long should I apply these tactics to get rid of it for good ? Also worried about side affects from Rifaximin
Are you sure you can even eradicate the bacteria with rifaximin? Do you know that you do not have fungal issues? I used it Rifaximin too and got better for a very short time and then worse. Carrot salad and mushrooms were way to weak for me. I also did not do well with consuming a lot of carbs. I basically used many different herbs that made me herx a lot. Then I used massive amounts of sheep kefir and mutaflor to eliminate the remaining bugs.

OP
C

Cheese liver

Are you sure you can even eradicate the bacteria with rifaximin?
I have read many articles and studies and all have stated rifaximin with neomycin is used in the treatment of SIBO. Rifaximin seems to only work in the intestine and doesnt go systematic and appears to be very safe.
Do you know that you do not have fungal issues?
I believe so. I got stool tests to check for that.
I used it Rifaximin too and got better for a very short time and then worse. Carrot salad and mushrooms were way to weak for me. I also did not do well with consuming a lot of carbs. I basically used many different herbs that made me herx a lot. Then I used massive amounts of sheep kefir and mutaflor to eliminate the remaining bugs.
so basically you used prebiotics to kill the bacteria ? I was of the opinion that prebiotics increase the amount of bacteria...

T

TheBeard

As long as necessary,
Add Augmentin too.

OP
C

Cheese liver

As long as necessary,
Add Augmentin too.
Hmm. And are Rifaximin and Augmentin safe to take with food and caffeine ? I usually take both 1 hour before my coffee. I have also read that taking them on an empty stomach might be better, any advice on this ?

T

TheBeard

Hmm. And are Rifaximin and Augmentin safe to take with food and caffeine ? I usually take both 1 hour before my coffee. I have also read that taking them on an empty stomach might be better, any advice on this ?

Safe and doesn't matter what time they are taken.
Don't micromanage things, the big picture is what's important.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals