My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

Roni123@

Awesome man. One thing that I've found is that is a substantial improvement in mood since cutting out starch and fiber. If I eat low starch and some fiber I feel much more irritated and prone to cravings, however on a starch and fiber-free diet my mood is very stable and good and I experience no cravings.
Hans, keep us updated on that hahaha

Scenes

Not the same diet but I’ve been doing a low fat milk, fruit/juice and occasional egg and oyster diet the past 2 weeks. Dropped meat and grains to almost zero.

Boring and not sustainable I don’t think, but my skin looks great, my hair is shiny like it hasn’t been in ages and eyes are super clear. No downsides except I’m hungry for salty foods.

Andman

Awesome man. One thing that I've found is that is a substantial improvement in mood since cutting out starch and fiber. If I eat low starch and some fiber I feel much more irritated and prone to cravings, however on a starch and fiber-free diet my mood is very stable and good and I experience no cravings.

what do you crave when you eat starch/fiber? for me its usually more starch, which is kinda interesting

opson123

what do you crave when you eat starch/fiber? for me its usually more starch, which is kinda interesting
This is my experience as well. I was starch free for close to two years eating only milk chocolate and rarely craved starch. I recently started eating wheat again and now I crave wheat regularly. Sometimes I also get this weird craving for cold refrigerated oatmeal with sugar. When you let cooked oatmeal sit and cool down for a while it gets a kind of gelatinous texture, a bit like jelly.

Korven

This is my experience as well. I was starch free for close to two years eating only milk chocolate and rarely craved starch. I recently started eating wheat again and now I crave wheat regularly. Sometimes I also get this weird craving for cold refrigerated oatmeal with sugar. When you let cooked oatmeal sit and cool down for a while it gets a kind of gelatinous texture, a bit like jelly.

Same here - on a 0 starch diet the only starchy food I have cravings for is oatmeal porridge. Probably my #1 comfort food with milk and some sweetener/fruit, something to do with the texture maybe. Don't care much for pasta, potatoes, rice or bread. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it lol!

Also strange is that oatmeal is the starch I seem to do best with, I can eat it occasionally without much problems. Potatoes on the other hand just destroy my body and I get flu symptoms within a few hours.

opson123

Same here - on a 0 starch diet the only starchy food I have cravings for is oatmeal porridge. Probably my #1 comfort food with milk and some sweetener/fruit, something to do with the texture maybe. Don't care much for pasta, potatoes, rice or bread. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it lol!

Also strange is that oatmeal is the starch I seem to do best with, I can eat it occasionally without much problems. Potatoes on the other hand just destroy my body and I get flu symptoms within a few hours.
I also like the taste of oatmeal a lot more than any other starch and the weird craving I get for it is a lot stronger than my craving for wheat. Too bad it completely wrecks my gut. :D

tankasnowgod

Are you going back to Starch Free? You seemed to have such good experiences with it, and seem to be having a terrible time with Low VA. If doing it for skin, I would double and triple check Grant's sources, as I found he mis-represented many studies, so there might not even be the potential benefit you think there is.

It does seem like potatoes might have a lot of potential issues for a lot of people. Maybe it's due to incomplete cooking, or maybe there are just more potential problems with them than most realize.

Korven

Are you going back to Starch Free? You seemed to have such good experiences with it, and seem to be having a terrible time with Low VA. If doing it for skin, I would double and triple check Grant's sources, as I found he mis-represented many studies, so there might not even be the potential benefit you think there is.

It does seem like potatoes might have a lot of potential issues for a lot of people. Maybe it's due to incomplete cooking, or maybe there are just more potential problems with them than most realize.

Thanks for asking! And yes... I decided to go back to a zero starch "Peat" diet again as it's the only thing I know that make my symptoms manageable. Will have to make that my main priority for now and fix skin issues another way.

Low VA was just not practical as I have obligations in life that requires me to be a functional human, and I can't be bedridden months or years before seeing any improvement (if VA overdose even was the source of my problems which I don't know). The whole "detox" thing is a very slippery slope, fruitarians are detoxing all the time and slowly withering away... Can't afford that at this stage

tankasnowgod

Thanks for asking! And yes... I decided to go back to a zero starch "Peat" diet again as it's the only thing I know that make my symptoms manageable. Will have to make that my main priority for now and fix skin issues another way.

Low VA was just not practical as I have obligations in life that requires me to be a functional human, and I can't be bedridden months or years before seeing any improvement (if VA overdose even was the source of my problems which I don't know). The whole "detox" thing is a very slippery slope, fruitarians are detoxing all the time and slowly withering away... Can't afford that at this stage

Very cool. I don't know what kind of skin issues you have, but I have dealt with KP for basically my whole life. Some of the things that helped it the most include Sunlight, Red light, and topical use of niacinamide, urea, and coconut oil. So depending on the issue, there are many things that could potentially work in concert with a Starch Free diet, without the focus on limiting VA.

opson123

Those benefits sound great. I also don't do well on a liquid-only diet, but if I have meat with salt, I'm fine satiety wise.
I'm eating 500g ground beef, 3L low fat milk and 1L orange juice and the occasional beef liver. I'm also having coffee with sugar.
What % milk do you drink? Do you heat it up or drink it straight from the fridge? Is that homemade or store-bought juice?

Thanks.

Vegancrossfit

I’m sorry if I posted that somewhere already, I’m always posting in a whim.

This dopaminergic diet is the best thing ever in a highly serotoninergic Western environment. IMHO, of course. Adaptogens, hormones... it all follows suit. For the more dopamine junkie types, diet only may not suffice I reckon

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What % milk do you drink? Do you heat it up or drink it straight from the fridge? Is that homemade or store-bought juice?

Thanks.
I drink either low fat or skim because I limit fat intake to make more space for carbs. Its UHT milk so I keep it at room temp. I prefer warmer milk like room temp especially in winter.
I always make my own juice, I don't trust the stuff in the shop.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

This dopaminergic diet is the best thing ever in a highly serotoninergic Western environment. IMHO, of course. Adaptogens, hormones... it all follows suit. For the more dopamine junkie types, diet only may not suffice I reckon
I've noticed that this diet is much more superior for mood than supplements for me.

tankasnowgod

We should re-market this as "The Diet that Smashes Serotonin and Endotoxin and causes Dopamine to Skyrocket!!!!"

Uselis

I drink either low fat or skim because I limit fat intake to make more space for carbs. Its UHT milk so I keep it at room temp. I prefer warmer milk like room temp especially in winter.
I always make my own juice, I don't trust the stuff in the shop.

But you trust milk from shop though? ☺ Not trying to be smart **** here bu just recently found OJ made from concentrate that is actually not bitter nor sour. Ray used to drink juice from shop as well. Of course it's not fresh homemade but it's impossible to get good oranges here unfortunately.

Korven

Very cool. I don't know what kind of skin issues you have, but I have dealt with KP for basically my whole life. Some of the things that helped it the most include Sunlight, Red light, and topical use of niacinamide, urea, and coconut oil. So depending on the issue, there are many things that could potentially work in concert with a Starch Free diet, without the focus on limiting VA.

I don't know either to be honest... been dealing with a host of problems for the past 10 years: white pustules/cystic breakouts on face and back/some kind of eczema or mysterious rash. Some of it resembles keratosis pilaris as I have build up of keratin which then becomes infected. Been racking my brain the last years trying to figure out if my breakouts are bacterial, fungal, demodex, some other weird protozoan...

Sunlight, urea and niacinamide helps me as well. Antibiotics from doctor makes things worse, I believe I might have picked up some nasty strain of MRSA.

I've given up treating this solely through diet and nutrition. Have seen promising results lately from using iodine to decolonize nostrils + iodine mouthwash + iodine everywhere basically + skincare routine with azelaic acid, benzoyl peroxide and niacinamide. Will dabble with more natural antibiotics in the future.

Been doing zero starch now and experimenting with olive leaf extract lately and holy ***t is this a dopaminergic combo. I get the same euphoric, zen like state that antibiotics produce but it's even more intense. Couple hours later I get die-off symptoms so it's probably effective at cleaning out the gut. Lots of studies on olive leaf:

Oleuropein suppresses LPS-induced inflammatory responses in RAW 264.7 cell and zebrafish - PubMed
https://www.researchgate.net/public...and_alleviates_inflammatory_responses_in_mice

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
But you trust milk from shop though? ☺ Not trying to be smart **** here bu just recently found OJ made from concentrate that is actually not bitter nor sour. Ray used to drink juice from shop as well. Of course it's not fresh homemade but it's impossible to get good oranges here unfortunately.
No I don't trust store-bough milk either, I just don't have another option haha. I can get raw milk in a farm not too far from where I am, however, I don't trust their quality either.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Mmm, maybe, but more of a less resistible sensation towards spontaneous stimulation. For example, if I just thought of pizza I would be open for the idea of getting some, but since cutting out starch I had no desire for such foods.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals