Peat Is Right About Starch

ursidae

Whats your experience with antibiotics?
I took flagyl. I was good while on it, hell once I got off. Pain every day, every time I ate. It doesn't help that it destroyed my B1. Killed something in my gut that was fermenting the starch

SamYo123

Thanks for the Peat question/answers. Especially appreciated the part about avoiding starchy foods when you are using refined sugar. And the reminder of which foods to emphasize. I had thought he said that oj concentrate was something to avoid now since enzymes have been added to emulsify the pulp. I have some on hand to add to Orange Julias this summer. But I wonder if that was a recent quote with his use of concentrate or if he thinks it's good now. Anyway, thanks again.
"Especially appreciated the part about avoiding starchy foods when you are using refined sugar."

Where was this said

Birdie

"Especially appreciated the part about avoiding starchy foods when you are using refined sugar."

Where was this said
I don't know since it's been a while since I listened. Sounds strange.

NewACC

Pardon the interjection,

Starch is just condensed carbs, hence the "cravings". I assume it's the body's way of signaling that it needs caloric density fast.

I think most people here are underfed and practicing some level of caloric restriction, hence all difficulty in applying Peat's suggestions. Even his Milk + OJ is supposed to be added to the diet at the beginning, not in place of it, increasing calories significantly.

Also, interesting to note that the caloric breakdowns of Pizza, arguably the most popular food in the west, is 15%pro/30%fat/55%carbs, which is perfectly in line with Peat's suggestions (minus the Pufa and starch of course).

So those "cravings" might just be about caloric density more than anything else.
how is cheese pizza not "peaty"?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals