Guide On How To Optimize Glucose Oxidation

Hans

Forum Supporter
The question of how to optimize glucose oxidation is frequently asked and discussed.
Proper glucose oxidation is crucial for health. We don't just want to eat lots of carbs daily, but we want to burn those carbs optimally to get the best out of it.

I put together a guide on how to optimize glucose metabolism/oxidation.
Here is the article: The Ultimate Guide to Restoring Glucose Metabolism » MenElite

If you have questions of something I might not have covered, please feel free to ask.
I'd love to get your feedback on this as well. Thanks for reading.

mrchibbs

Your understanding of the physiological processes is really impressive. I've noticed you've been going more and more in depth.
I read your articles regularly, and I'm sure many do too on this site.

It's one of the things I've had to figure out on my own during my recovery. It seems like countless people discover Peat
and load up on carbs like crazy, but they can't metabolize them and it goes to fat storage and often they'll drink whole milk
and add loads of butter to everything (a tendency especially for ppl coming from the paleo mindset).

There is a lot of nuance to what Ray talks about, but fructose is honestly so important. Tim Berzins @ Amplified Vitality
has really helped me understand this aspect better.

I've found that in the mornings especially, there's a tendency for the metabolism to be a little too low to be able to
oxidize glucose properly, and the FFA are elevated after the fast and stress of nighttime, which impairs glucose metabolism further. The ideal approach (for me),
has been to eat a bowl of applesauce for the fructose, sprinkle 150mg of niacinamide to lower the FFA, along with a little T3, some caffeine, and some methylene
blue, all things which help return to the oxidative metabolism, while supplying the liver directly (via the fructose).

Along with some daylight exposure, this can restore high metabolic function (i.e. nearly optimal temperatures) within an hour. The bigger meals with significant glucose/starch/protein don't cause me problems when metabolic function is at its peak (late afternoon), but eating a typical breakfast of eggs/bacon etc. can be extremely fattening and lethargy-promoting if is eaten in the first hours of the day, when we're still ''recovering'' from the stresses of nighttime.

B

Braveheart

Hans, you are an excellent teacher...there are many knowledgeable people on this forum, but few who know how to share their knowledge understandably.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Your understanding of the physiological processes is really impressive. I've noticed you've been going more and more in depth.

It's one of the things I've had to figure out on my own during my recovery. It seems like countless people discover Peat
and load up on carbs like crazy, but they can't metabolize them and it goes to fat storage and often they'll drink whole milk
and add loads of butter to everything (a tendency especially for ppl coming from the paleo mindset).

There is a lot of nuance to what Ray talks about, but fructose is honestly so important. Tim Berzins @ Amplified Vitality

I've found that in the mornings especially, there's a tendency for the metabolism to be a little too low to be able to
oxidize glucose properly, and the FFA are elevated after the fast and stress of nighttime, which impairs glucose metabolism further. The ideal approach (for me),
has been to eat a bowl of applesauce for the fructose, sprinkle 150mg of niacinamide to lower the FFA, along with a little T3, some caffeine, and some methylene
blue, all things which help return to the oxidative metabolism, while supplying the liver directly (via the fructose).

Along with some daylight exposure, this can restore high metabolic function (i.e. nearly optimal temperatures) within an hour. The bigger meals with significant glucose/starch/protein don't cause me problems when metabolic function is at its peak (late afternoon), but eating a typical breakfast of eggs/bacon etc. can be extremely fattening and lethargy-promoting if is eaten in the first hours of the day, when we're still ''recovering'' from the stresses of nighttime.
Thanks man. I try not to make it too complex. I was under the impression it's been more simplistic lately lol.

I feel best from a big solid meal in the morning with protein, starches and fat. Fruit and milk does satiate me very well and I get hungry real fast and even low blood sugar if I don't have something.

I have a general big appetite throughout the day but seem to be in somewhat of a decending order. Big breakfast/brunch, medium sized lunch/linner/dunch and a smaller last meal.

I'll have coffee and hot chocolate in between meals though.

gaze

the things that have helped me along with specific nutrients you mentioned is

1. NOT forcing food to meet certain nutrient or calorie requirements, taking time to eat and not forcing down fruit juice to force the body to burn the food. Relaxing and enjoying food is crucial, and for me its eating slowly and not in very large amounts
2. alot of salt especially on a potato, eaten slowly with some milk and fruit helps me never have a blood sugar crash and keeps me relaxed
3. Walking 30 min a day

Ray ultimately says that diabetes is largely caused from cortisol, so smaller meals, not forcing food, eating slowly and enjoying the meal, salting to taste, all lower cortisol and help the body use the energy efficiently.

Also, great article and thanks for sharing

mrchibbs

Thanks man. I try not to make it too complex. I was under the impression it's been more simplistic lately lol.

I feel best from a big solid meal in the morning with protein, starches and fat. Fruit and milk does satiate me very well and I get hungry real fast and even low blood sugar if I don't have something.

I have a general big appetite throughout the day but seem to be in somewhat of a decending order. Big breakfast/brunch, medium sized lunch/linner/dunch and a smaller last meal.

I'll have coffee and hot chocolate in between meals though.

Haha I guess we can lose perspective on our work.

Re: breakfast

Yeah but you seem like a very healthy guy at this point. My perspective was from the point of view of someone healing and having inefficient metabolism early in the morning. A big solid meal like that when I was sick would have sent me back to bed, while probably increasing fat storage and low energy. You must have a very strong metabolism early in the morning, do you reach optimal temperatures right out of bed?

It is interesting though regarding the descending order of meals. My guess is that individual rhythms and cyclical differences can vary so much that following a generic eating plan makes no sense.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
the things that have helped me along with specific nutrients you mentioned is

1. NOT forcing food to meet certain nutrient or calorie requirements, taking time to eat and not forcing down fruit juice to force the body to burn the food. Relaxing and enjoying food is crucial, and for me its eating slowly and not in very large amounts
2. alot of salt especially on a potato, eaten slowly with some milk and fruit helps me never have a blood sugar crash and keeps me relaxed
3. Walking 30 min a day

Ray ultimately says that diabetes is largely caused from cortisol, so smaller meals, not forcing food, eating slowly and enjoying the meal, salting to taste, all lower cortisol and help the body use the energy efficiently.

Also, great article and thanks for sharing
Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Haha I guess we can lose perspective on our work.

Re: breakfast

Yeah but you seem like a very healthy guy at this point. My perspective was from the point of view of someone healing and having inefficient metabolism early in the morning. A big solid meal like that when I was sick would have sent me back to bed, while probably increasing fat storage and low energy. You must have a very strong metabolism early in the morning, do you reach optimal temperatures right out of bed?

It is interesting though regarding the descending order of meals. My guess is that individual rhythms and cyclical differences can vary so much that following a generic eating plan makes no sense.
I have no idea where my temps are at by I'm cold resilient which I take as a sign that my metabolism is decent lol. Plus mood, skin and so on are fine.

Actually I don't have a big breakfast right away. I first have a cup of coffee or two with my wife and then about 2-3 hours after waking I have my biggest meal. That's when I'm most hungry.
I just try to eat instinctively. If I'm not hungry I don't stuff myself even if I have to eat since I'm bulking and on other days if I need to eat more I do.
And that's what I encourage others to do as well. Find what works for you.

mrchibbs

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

I have no idea where my temps are at by I'm cold resilient which I take as a sign that my metabolism is decent lol. Plus mood, skin and so on are fine.

Actually I don't have a big breakfast right away. I first have a cup of coffee or two with my wife and then about 2-3 hours after waking I have my biggest meal. That's when I'm most hungry.

I just try to eat instinctively. If I'm not hungry I don't stuff myself even if I have to eat since I'm bulking and on other days if I need to eat more I do.
And that's what I encourage others to do as well. Find what works for you.

Oh that's fine then. Yeah if you don't feel cold, you're probably fine, but it would be nice for you to check your temps when you wake up vs. what they are right when you start getting hungry, that'd be interesting. I suspect by the time you eat your breakfast you've probably reach a good metabolic rate.

Clear and practical. Thank you, @Hans.

If you're ever looking for another essay topic, I suggest fixing intestinal health (or, more broadly, fixing digestive health).

Jib

Dude, you're awesome. Please keep writing.

I have a very short attention span and most likely some kind of severe learning disability. Your articles are a great help to me. I'm gonna have to go over it a bunch of times just to process the information because I have a very hard time learning/absorbing information but the way it's formatted and presented is about as good a job as anyone can do. It actually makes sense to me, which I can't say about just about everything else I've read about biology/metabolism.

Awesome work as always

Sam Suska

Forum Supporter
I feel the same in the morning sometimes, and I will try out your approach. It sounds like a good recommendation, thank you.

GreekDemiGod

How long do you wait until having protein first time in the day?

Vinny

The question of how to optimize glucose oxidation is frequently asked and discussed.
Proper glucose oxidation is crucial for health. We don't just want to eat lots of carbs daily, but we want to burn those carbs optimally to get the best out of it.

I put together a guide on how to optimize glucose metabolism/oxidation.
Here is the article: The Ultimate Guide to Restoring Glucose Metabolism » MenElite

If you have questions of something I might not have covered, please feel free to ask.
I'd love to get your feedback on this as well. Thanks for reading.
I appreciate, Hans

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals