Caffeine Stopped My Starch Cravings

DankMemes

I've recently purchased some pure caffeine powder to help clean my liver. I've had pretty good results so far with a ~300mg dose 3-4 times a day.

The biggest change I've noticed is that starch is completely unappealing to me now.

I used to eat a starch meal (usually potatoes) at least every day, and occasionally I'd smoke with friends which would give me insane starch munchies and I'd indulge in mac n cheese or bugers or pizza etc.

Now even when I do get the munchies, I can pass on the pasta or fries, they just feel like cardboard in my mouth. I crave fresh, zesty fruits and lots of sugar which I used to get bored of very quick.

I feel much better without starch and it's hard to believe that I used to love it so much.

OP
D

DankMemes

There's a few threads about people struggling with starch cravings so I thought this was worth mentioning.

I've also lost the white coating on my tongue. My guess is that the caffeine sped up my metabolism/digestion which cleared out some bacteria. These bacteria were probably causing the white tongue and starch cravings? Just a thought.

milk_lover

That's good for you. I don't have starch craving, but without starch in a meal I don't get satiated. May I ask what brand you're using?

OP
D

DankMemes

The brand is "myprotein". I just found the first one online without excipients.

I find complete satiety with dairy and sugar products now.

Every 4 hours or so, I go by how I feel mostly. Sometimes I take more before a workout. If you take too much you'll know straight away, you get jittery and anxious.

There's a few threads that discuss particular benefits of caffeine and the doses required, it's important to start slowly

tomisonbottom

There's a few threads about people struggling with starch cravings so I thought this was worth mentioning.

I've also lost the white coating on my tongue. My guess is that the caffeine sped up my metabolism/digestion which cleared out some bacteria. These bacteria were probably causing the white tongue and starch cravings? Just a thought.

That's awesome.
Did you take a while to work up to the 300mg 4x a day? For me a large dose sometimes makes my sleepy actually, and I can only assume that means I haven't eaten enough or my tolerance isn't high enough yet.

nograde

The coating will come back... :dead:

Same here. Thought I found the holy grail of white tongue extermination, but it came back after a few days, even staying on the same dose :-(

It seems the more "saturated" I get, the more difficult it is to have a nice pink tongue. My current theory is that circulation in my stomach/intestines is bad. It seems I cant fully compensate for lost NO with increased CO2.

White tongue miracle stories happen all the time... but they don't last three days :ss I personally can't remember in my life when I had pure pink consistently.

I have a consistent clear red tongue when I do not eat any gluten (bread), dairy (milk) or starch (potatoes).

And to the OP, I think caffeine decreased your cravings because it triggered adrenaline release which cuts your appetite. I'd bet your feet are cold and a little dark around the toes (or not pink/rosey).

I have a consistent clear red tongue when I do not eat any gluten (bread), dairy (milk) or starch (potatoes).

And to the OP, I think caffeine decreased your cravings because it triggered adrenaline release which cuts your appetite. I'd bet your feet are cold and a little dark around the toes (or not pink/rosey).

What do you eat without those?

beta pandemic

what do you mean by good results so far?

when i first started to take 20-25 grams of instant coffee (in 1 sitting) I would get diarrhea within about 30 minutes. i had previously never taken this much before but decided to experiment after lurking here. First few vists would be evacuated black sludge, next few visits followed by clumps and strands of white mass, then clear watery diarrhea. Over time 3 weeks diarrhea ceased completely and I would just have a normal bowel movement. I had masses of white on the sides of my tongue which disapeared also. I've never taken caffeine pills but i might experiment with those. i wont ever give up coffee it really is one of the things which brought me back.

OP
D

DankMemes

Did you take a while to work up to the 300mg 4x a day? For me a large dose sometimes makes my sleepy actually, and I can only assume that means I haven't eaten enough or my tolerance isn't high enough yet.

It took less than a week to build up tolerance, mind you I've been drinking strong coffee for a while.

what do you mean by good results so far?

I guess it was too early to be certain, but everything seems to be going well.

If I do take too much caffeine then there is a bit of an unset stomach and anxiety, but that's in doses of 400mg+. I imagine it depends on the individual

OP
D

DankMemes

hmm well my cravings for sugar are still there, I just don't need starch to feel satisfied.

I did experience an adrenaline response at one point, but doses around 200-300mg of caffeine seem to be very warming.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals