My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

Hans

Forum Supporter
As some of you might know, I've been eating lots of potatoes for a while and decided to try a starch free diet. The results have been great so far and I will continue to eat starch free for now.

You can read about my experiment here: My starch free and zero fiber experiment » MenElite

For those of you that have also done a starch free experiment, I'd love to hear your experiences as well.

Aymen

Good experiment Hans, have you noticed faster muscle growth?

Potatoes is the only starch that i use too (2 large everyday) when i came back to do calisthenics.
Peeling it, 1 hour boiling and ditching the water that is left there and eating it immediately and with some saturated fat and following the thread How To Eat Nightshades Without Being Poisoned i didn't notice any bad symptoms of it, i was eating it with mozarella cheese and an egg and it causes me red skin and dandruff but when i removed mozarella for a week i didn't notice those bad symptoms. However, if i eat it in the days i don't do calisthenics i feel tired.

Uselis

As some of you might know, I've been eating lots of potatoes for a while and decided to try a starch free diet. The results have been great so far and I will continue to eat starch free for now.

You can read about my experiment here: My starch free and zero fiber experiment » MenElite

For those of you that have also done a starch free experiment, I'd love to hear your experiences as well.

Lasted about week on no starch (with physically demanding job).

Pros: Better verbal and cognitive performance, humour and quick wit on a level I never thought is possible for me, sexual thirst went from occassional to almost bothersome (con perhaps), water retention went so low my stomach became flat, lean face and more defined jawline.

Cons: almost impossible to feel full despite cramming 4k+ calories, constant dips in blood sugar, diminished ability to handle caffeine, slight food obsession, random irritation moments.

If I could pin point everything more clearly, I'd go for second try. I think biggest problems is that I am heavy caffeine consumer and on no starch diet you just burn through fuel like crazy. Another issue all juices here are sour and accidic so I am limited to dates as clean sweet source and how many dates you can pound a day lol.

Overall I believe "no starch" is next level but it's almost like scenario of your crawling must be flawless to start attemptin running (as in covering everything to a T nutrition wise).

Any chance you could post your cronometer screenshots of what you've been eating? Or just plain write.

Thanks!

YourUniverse

GL! I did starch free experiments for 4-6 month stints over the course of 2 years, trying what I thought was the traditional milk-OJ-coffee diet. It didnt work well for me. I wouldnt sleep through the night, sometimes even having night terrors and kicking myself awake (!!). My blood pressure rose. Overall I didn't feel as steady or centred. I felt hungry almost all the time.

I now have masa harina every day, but please dont let my testimony sway your experiment

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Good experiment Hans, have you noticed faster muscle growth?

Potatoes is the only starch that i use too (2 large everyday) when i came back to do calisthenics.
Peeling it, 1 hour boiling and ditching the water that is left there and eating it immediately and with some saturated fat and following the thread How To Eat Nightshades Without Being Poisoned i didn't notice any bad symptoms of it, i was eating it with mozarella cheese and an egg and it causes me red skin and dandruff but when i removed mozarella for a week i didn't notice those bad symptoms. However, if i eat it in the days i don't do calisthenics i feel tired.
I think my muscle growth might be slightly faster. I haven't experienced a drop in pumps or anything. Definitely less inflammation and faster recovery.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Lasted about week on no starch (with physically demanding job).

Pros: Better verbal and cognitive performance, humour and quick wit on a level I never thought is possible for me, sexual thirst went from occassional to almost bothersome (con perhaps), water retention went so low my stomach became flat, lean face and more defined jawline.

Cons: almost impossible to feel full despite cramming 4k+ calories, constant dips in blood sugar, diminished ability to handle caffeine, slight food obsession, random irritation moments.

If I could pin point everything more clearly, I'd go for second try. I think biggest problems is that I am heavy caffeine consumer and on no starch diet you just burn through fuel like crazy. Another issue all juices here are sour and accidic so I am limited to dates as clean sweet source and how many dates you can pound a day lol.

Overall I believe "no starch" is next level but it's almost like scenario of your crawling must be flawless to start attemptin running (as in covering everything to a T nutrition wise).

Any chance you could post your cronometer screenshots of what you've been eating? Or just plain write.

Thanks!
Those benefits sound great. I also don't do well on a liquid-only diet, but if I have meat with salt, I'm fine satiety wise.
I'm eating 500g ground beef, 3L low fat milk and 1L orange juice and the occasional beef liver. I'm also having coffee with sugar.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
GL! I did starch free experiments for 4-6 month stints over the course of 2 years, trying what I thought was the traditional milk-OJ-coffee diet. It didnt work well for me. I wouldnt sleep through the night, sometimes even having night terrors and kicking myself awake (!!). My blood pressure rose. Overall I didn't feel as steady or centred. I felt hungry almost all the time.

I now have masa harina every day, but please dont let my testimony sway your experiment
Crazy man. Did you get enough salt and magnesium on your starch free experiment? I can imagine a liquid only diet can be problematic for a lot of people. I don't think I can do it. Will crave salt and solids too much.

Uselis

Those benefits sound great. I also don't do well on a liquid-only diet, but if I have meat with salt, I'm fine satiety wise.
I'm eating 500g ground beef, 3L low fat milk and 1L orange juice and the occasional beef liver. I'm also having coffee with sugar.

How active you were?

YourUniverse

Crazy man. Did you get enough salt and magnesium on your starch free experiment? I can imagine a liquid only diet can be problematic for a lot of people. I don't think I can do it. Will crave salt and solids too much.
I would add salt to the juice but not any additional magnesium.

It could very well be the amount of liquid, and not the lack of starch, you could totally have hit it.

I would crave meat, or fried chips.

Then again, I currently eat very little solid food. Maybe 1 cup-worth of masa harina flour made into pancakes, with honey on top, and an apple in the morning. Still no meat, but sometimes some clams or scallops (maybe once a week). I feel much better now.

For full disclosure, I'll grab a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds in a pinch... I want to say maximum once a week. If I feel starving and the need to grab fast food, I make a note to increase daily calorie intake, so these scenarios should get more and more sparse.

Last edited:

Hgreen56

A1 of A2 milk?
which brand orange juice?

what more did you eat?
can you tell what was your complete diet + supps?

gaze

It’s a shame cause potato’s are one of the tastiest foods cooked in butter and salt, but I notice around a day or 2 I get pretty bad runny nose and sneezes. I assume I have a sensitive spot in the lower part of my colon which the potato’s irritate when they pass by. I think someone with an overall low immune stimulated state they can consume them fine, but My entire life I’ve had an overactive immune system (sneezes, runny nose, hives, etc) Sometimes if I feel a little over done on liquid, I get a big bowl of white rice and butter and a lot of salt and it usually calms me down

Uselis

It’s a shame cause potato’s are one of the tastiest foods cooked in butter and salt, but I notice around a day or 2 I get pretty bad runny nose and sneezes. I assume I have a sensitive spot in the lower part of my colon which the potato’s irritate when they pass by. I think someone with an overall low immune stimulated state they can consume them fine, but My entire life I’ve had an overactive immune system (sneezes, runny nose, hives, etc) Sometimes if I feel a little over done on liquid, I get a big bowl of white rice and butter and a lot of salt and it usually calms me down

Potatoes also hits so many vitamins and minerals almost superfood except being allergic lol

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How active you were?
My activity level is very meh. Workout for about 30-45 min about 4 times per week and then also walk some during the week as well.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I would add salt to the juice but not any additional magnesium.

It could very well be the amount of liquid, and not the lack of starch, you could totally have hit it.

I would crave meat, or fried chips.

Then again, I currently eat very little solid food. Maybe 1 cup-worth of masa harina flour made into pancakes, with honey on top, and an apple in the morning. Still no meat, but sometimes some clams or scallops (maybe once a week). I feel much better now.

For full disclosure, I'll grab a double cheeseburger from mcdonalds in a pinch... I want to say maximum once a week. If I feel starving and the need to grab fast food, I make a note to increase daily calorie intake, so these scenarios should get more and more sparse.
Why not eat more meat? Do you struggle to digest it?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
A1 of A2 milk?
which brand orange juice?

what more did you eat?
can you tell what was your complete diet + supps?
Not sure about the milk, none of the brands in SA clarifies, but I don't react negatively to the brand I drink, which is cool.
I totaled around 3500+ calories daily this month. Still staying at around 15% BF.
Sometimes I add cayenne and or Tabasco but I think I might be sensitive to the lectins though. Sometimes I'll have apples or make apple juice. That's about that. I don't really change things up a lot.
In terms of supps, I stopped taking everything except vit D and K2 because I feel so good.
I recently reintroduced GABA before bed.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah same here. When I was younger I could tolerate all foods perfectly, but then I went through stressful periods and that's when I started developing sensitivities. I'm luckily not bothered by having to cut out starches. I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything, however when I was recovering from those stressful periods the potatoes surely helped my temps and energy.

gaze

Do you eat these over the course of meals or do you prefer grazing throughout the day?

Hgreen56

Not sure about the milk, none of the brands in SA clarifies, but I don't react negatively to the brand I drink, which is cool.
I totaled around 3500+ calories daily this month. Still staying at around 15% BF.
Sometimes I add cayenne and or Tabasco but I think I might be sensitive to the lectins though. Sometimes I'll have apples or make apple juice. That's about that. I don't really change things up a lot.
In terms of supps, I stopped taking everything except vit D and K2 because I feel so good.
I recently reintroduced GABA before bed.

so your entire diet constisting of.
- 500g ground beef,
- 3L low fat milk
- 1L orange juice
- occasional beef liver.
- coffee with sugar.
- sometimes apples or apple juice
Thats it? or i missing something? thats not sound like 3500kcal to me...
My calculator saying around 2800 kcal.. and 80 gr fat

They don't sell jersey milk in your country?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
so your entire diet constisting of.
- 500g ground beef,
- 3L low fat milk
- 1L orange juice
- occasional beef liver.
- coffee with sugar.
- sometimes apples or apple juice
Thats it? or i missing something? thats not sound like 3500kcal to me...
My calculator saying around 2800 kcal.. and 80 gr fat

They don't sell jersey milk in your country?
If you use the lean ground beef yes. I'm eating the fatty ground beef.
I forgot to add honey. I mix in honey with my meat.

There is a Jersey brand, but I seem to bloat more from it compared to the other brand I use that doesn't specify.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals