My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

M

metabolizm

Yeah true story haha.
Why not try meat with gelatin, honey and fruit juice?

I basically can’t afford to eat my optimal diet, so am forced to make use of cheap starches like white rice and mashed potatoes to keep my calorie intake up.

YourUniverse

How long have you been doing this? How is your transit time/bowel movements with zero fibre?
Only about a week. I change my diet so frequently, always testing something like a nutty professor. The bowel movements have interestingly been
wide and full, nothing undigested. Come out effortlessly and all together. The only potential negative is the colour is more a light brown than a darker one, maybe I need more taurine?

M

metabolizm

Only about a week. I change my diet so frequently, always testing something like a nutty professor. The bowel movements have interestingly been
wide and full, nothing undigested. Come out effortlessly and all together. The only potential negative is the colour is more a light brown than a darker one, maybe I need more taurine?

Yeah, maybe some meat would fix that.

Sefton10

I basically can’t afford to eat my optimal diet, so am forced to make use of cheap starches like white rice and mashed potatoes to keep my calorie intake up.
I was starch free for a good while and just added white jasmine rice back in as a test. I was eating a lot of dates and started to find they were upsetting my digestion, there's a definite limit to them! Replaced them like for like with rice and noticed much cleaner digestion, no bloating so far. I always cook the rice in bone broth and have it with some stewed apple as I think the fructose in the apple helps avoid too big blood sugar spike from rice alone.

M

metabolizm

I was starch free for a good while and just added white jasmine rice back in as a test. I was eating a lot of dates and started to find they were upsetting my digestion, there's a definite limit to them! Replaced them like for like with rice and noticed much cleaner digestion, no bloating so far. I always cook the rice in bone broth and have it with some stewed apple as I think the fructose in the apple helps avoid too big blood sugar spike from rice alone.

Basmati rice is one of my staples, mainly because it's a cheap & relatively harmless calorie source, and it complements meat dishes quite well.

PxD

Update: after doing well on this diet for 2-3 weeks, I started having problems digesting all the milk that I was drinking (2 to 4 cups a day). I tried switching from skim milk to full cream for a couple of weeks, but it made no difference. I was getting massive amounts of gas and bloating. I've since dropped the milk in order to let my digestion settle a bit. When I add it back in, I think the limit will be 1 cup a day. In order to keep up calcium intake without eating large amounts of cheese and yogurt (I'm trying to keep fat intake down), I've started eating a powdered eggshell every other day or so.

jet9

However, I might drop the apple and just go back to meat and honey.
Are meat and honey your major sources of calories now? I remember that when you started milk was a big staple in your starch free regiment.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are meat and honey your major sources of calories now? I remember that when you started milk was a big staple in your starch free regiment.
No, I'm only having about 200g of meat daily and 6tbps honey. The rest of my calories are milk and yogurt. So dairy is still the biggest source of calories in my diet.

Uselis

I'll use opportunity to vent a bit since thread been revived, apologies lol.

I've been thinking what is there that I crave in potatoes? I never crave any other starch even when very hungry and I know consequences that will follow up after eating spuds yet I still go for it lol.

Been eating enough calories and salted cheese so it's neither of it. Pure glucose perhaps?

I would eat potatoes happily each day if not for after effects. I enjoy even saltless and plain, cost is very low here and nutrient wise it's superfood.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'll use opportunity to vent a bit since thread been revived, apologies lol.

I've been thinking what is there that I crave in potatoes? I never crave any other starch even when very hungry and I know consequences that will follow up after eating spuds yet I still go for it lol.

Been eating enough calories and salted cheese so it's neither of it. Pure glucose perhaps?

I would eat potatoes happily each day if not for after effects. I enjoy even saltless and plain, cost is very low here and nutrient wise it's superfood.
The solanaceous glycoalkaloids found in potatoes inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholine, so perhaps your body wants more acetylcholine.

Uselis

The solanaceous glycoalkaloids found in potatoes inhibit the breakdown of acetylcholine, so perhaps your body wants more acetylcholine.

Which mostly are in meats, right? I mean liver is quite high in it but it's not safely consumable daily in higher amounts.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Which mostly are in meats, right? I mean liver is quite high in it but it's not safely consumable daily in higher amounts.
Meat isn't that high in choline but it's a decent source. Eggs and brains are great sources of choline.

T

TheBeard

The standard MSM H. Pylori eradication protocol - huge but brief dose of 2 antibiotics. To be honest, I can't be sure if the digestive improvement is because of killing off the bacteria or a more broad antibiotic benefit. But either way, it's far and away the biggest health improvement I've had probably ever.

I'd strongly recommend people with digestive distress experiment with antibiotics. And don't be afraid of very high doses for a week. I have a feeling what I did was like a digestive reset.

Amazing.
What antibiotics was it?
At what dose?

My month-long courses of Augmentin + Azithromycin always led to candida overgrowth in spite of the small digestive improvements.

baccheion

Are there issues with all the calcium from milk (ie, exceeding the 2.5g TUL)?
Update: after doing well on this diet for 2-3 weeks, I started having problems digesting all the milk that I was drinking (2 to 4 cups a day). I tried switching from skim milk to full cream for a couple of weeks, but it made no difference. I was getting massive amounts of gas and bloating. I've since dropped the milk in order to let my digestion settle a bit. When I add it back in, I think the limit will be 1 cup a day. In order to keep up calcium intake without eating large amounts of cheese and yogurt (I'm trying to keep fat intake down), I've started eating a powdered eggshell every other day or so.
Have you tried lactose-free or getting lactase drops/pills?

Vins7

I have been on meat, eggs, fish, seafood and tone of fruits diet for over 3 years now. In my case it was necessity, but today I feel it was the best thing I did for myself.
How do you manage to maintain a considerable level of calories by eating this way? without eating any starch.

Cloudhands

Any updates? Ive been doing lots of milk and Oj and need lots of baking soda in my oj or else i get hypotension. Do u feel like u get enough potassium since letting go of fruit juice? Also i added in mussels for manganese, do you have any concerns for certain micros u may be lacking? Thanks for ur contributions man

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals