My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
According to Ray the only thing a pure milk diet lacks is iron and I probably have lots of it stored in my liver. Many have done a pure milk diet in the past for therapeutic reasons. Thanks for your concern though.
Milk is also low in copper, B3 and manganese. When animals are put on a milk only diet, they get gray hair, which is reversed by adding these minerals. That's why I'm having oysters and mussels as well for those minerals.

MidBicep

Milk is also low in copper, B3 and manganese. When animals are put on a milk only diet, they get gray hair, which is reversed by adding these minerals. That's why I'm having oysters and mussels as well for those minerals.
Good to know, I'll add them in. Is a 200g serving once a week good enough?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
For each one alone, yes. But you still might need a portion of liver once a week though.

Nomane Euger

hi hans,is there anything in milk that would antagonize copper absorbtion and therefore it would be wiser to eat the copper rich food in a meal with out milk?my sister drink a lot of milk and she seems to me like she lake copper.how much maple syrup is enough for your recommanded manganese daily intake?i bought my life first organic maple syrup today,its an evil invention lol,its liquid to the point where i could literally drink eat and not eat it ,i have 0 satiety signal with maple syrup compare to honey.wich see/ocean is the less polluated if a person want to eat mussels/hoysters?do you know if there a specific part of an ruminant l that is rich in manganese?

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
hi hans,is there anything in milk that would antagonize copper absorbtion and therefore it would be wiser to eat the copper rich food in a meal with out milk?my sister drink a lot of milk and she seems to me like she lake copper.how much maple syrup is enough for your recommanded manganese daily intake?i bought my life first organic maple syrup today,its an evil invention lol,its liquid to the point where i could literally drink eat and not eat it ,i have 0 satiety signal with maple syrup compare to honey.wich see/ocean is the less polluated if a person want to eat mussels/hoysters?do you know if there a specific part of an ruminant l that is rich in manganese?
I don't think anything in milk antagonizes copper, it's just that milk isn't very high in copper. I take about 4 tbsp maple syrup daily, which gives me about 100% of the DV of manganese. 100g of mussels have almost 150% of the DV of manganese.
Not sure about which part of the ocean better for oysters and/or mussels though.
Animal meat isn't high in manganese at all, so that's why I get it from shellfish.

Cloudhands

I don't think anything in milk antagonizes copper, it's just that milk isn't very high in copper. I take about 4 tbsp maple syrup daily, which gives me about 100% of the DV of manganese. 100g of mussels have almost 150% of the DV of manganese.
Not sure about which part of the ocean better for oysters and/or mussels though.
Animal meat isn't high in manganese at all, so that's why I get it from shellfish.
Pineapple is also a great source of manganese, its low in fiber and has been shown to be quite pro-thyroid

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Pineapple is also a great source of manganese, its low in fiber and has been shown to be quite pro-thyroid
Yes, that's a good fruit. I want to get a proper juice to try our pineapple juice soon.

T

TheBeard

Pausterised, 1.5% fat. Not sure if it's UHT, it just lasts 1 month from what the date says on top.
I do 1:1 milk to sugar in terms of calories, otherwise I have problems digesting it. In a day it's around 2500 calories and I'm losing weight with no hunger so it's very good in that regard as well.

Very interesting. Sugar improves your milk digestion?!
Plain white sugar?

MidBicep

Very interesting. Sugar improves your milk digestion?!
Plain white sugar?
Yeap. If I drink 50ml of just milk 10 minutes later max I'm in the toilet. It took a bit of experimentation and still if I go below 1:1 calories I have problems.

Korven

I find that since starting thyroid therapy (NDT) I do much better on a starch free diet.

Ray says that you burn energy more efficiently with optimised thyroid status and I find that to be true. I don't require huge amounts of calories anymore, 2500-3000 seems to be enough now which I can easily hit with meat and milk. Blood sugars are also more stable and cold hands and feet don't happen as often. Still dialling in thyroid dosage so hopefully will see even more improvements over the next couple weeks. I wish I started taking thyroid earlier.

Jennifer

Shiitake mushrooms, goat dairy, coconut water and dates are also good sources of copper. I checked my cronometer logs and I meet the RDA for copper from goat’s milk alone, and when I make mushroom broth (from shiitakes and white buttons), I meet well above the RDA for copper (and selenium) from it alone. Mushrooms are also a good source of B vitamins and manganese, and coconut water is an even better source of manganese, though, not as good as pineapple. However, coconut water may be tolerated better by those with sensitive intestines—pineapple juice caused burning in my gut when I had gastritis due to SIBO whereas, coconut water was my go-to during that time.

Ray says that you burn energy more efficiently with optimised thyroid status and I find that to be true. I don't require huge amounts of calories anymore

Same here. Prior to NDT, I needed over 3,000 calories daily to maintain my weight, but now I average around 2,500.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
How do you get enough salt doing mainly milk for protein?
I don't get a lot of salt that's for sure, but the seafood I eat contains a fair amount and I'm at 160% of the RDA for salt. Also not really craving anything salty though.

Cloudhands

I eat lots of oysters like 2 with every meal and 1.5 oz of beef liver a day and feel pretty good. I feel like theres gotta be better sources of retinol tho, beef liver is just so unappetizing

Nomane Euger

I eat lots of oysters like 2 with every meal and 1.5 oz of beef liver a day and feel pretty good. I feel like theres gotta be better sources of retinol tho, beef liver is just so unappetizing
Yes of course,grass fed grass finished lamb/veal liver taste like milk and have O negative taste compare to beef liver that have some strong tastes that can be bad,give a try

Korven

Same here. Prior to NDT, I needed over 3,000 calories daily to maintain my weight, but now I average around 2,500.

Actually it was your posts on here about thyroid treatment which made me finally take the plunge and start NDT. Since then things have started to make a lot more sense, and I've realized just how much I've been running on stress hormones. Initially both my heart rate and temps plummeted which suggests high adrenaline I believe. Since taking NDT there's a sense of improved well-being, increased baseline levels of energy and stress resilience. And the more restful sleep is so, so nice. I hope this will help my body make needed repairs. So thank you is what I wanted to say I guess, you've helped me more than any doctor :)

Jennifer

That’s awesome, @Korven! My pleasure! I’m happy you’re doing do so well. :)

Vins7

Lots of milk, some cocoa powder, fruit, maple syrup, oysters and mussels. Sometimes organ meat.
Do you think that this diet could be good for people with digestive issues and low belly bloating?
I can't fix my bloating and I can't live without carbs at the same time.
Removing starch and fiber could be the good way for recover the health and good metabolism of people with gut issues?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals