My Starch Free And Zero Fiber Experiment

Hgreen56

@Hans I find it surprising that you still drinking milk.
i wile ago you are telling that you gaining fat around your midsection and wasn't even eating a lot.
You said that when you reduces the milk intake, have you started lean out even you was eating more total kcal.

so why you still drinking milk, you have discovered a trick to stop the fat gain?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans I find it surprising that you still drinking milk.
i wile ago you are telling that you gaining fat around your midsection and wasn't even eating a lot.
You said that when you reduces the milk intake, have you started lean out even you was eating more total kcal.

so why you still drinking milk, you have discovered a trick to stop the fat gain?
I said that quite a while ago. I can't remember if it was full fat or 2%, but I'm doing perfectly fine on 1.5% and skim as long as I'm not eating too much.
I think I upped my protein take about 50g so that might have played a role.

Hgreen56

I said that quite a while ago. I can't remember if it was full fat or 2%, but I'm doing perfectly fine on 1.5% and skim as long as I'm not eating too much.

meatbag said: So when you switched your protein source from skim milk to meat you had reduced bodyweight or bodyfat percentage?
Hans said: Reduced body fat and continued to increase muscle.
How I Got Myself To Tolerate Starches Better

also you said somewhere else (see pic)

Attachments

• switched skim milk to meat reduced body fat, increase muscle mass.png
    switched skim milk to meat reduced body fat, increase muscle mass.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 48
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yeah i am watching you Hans....
images

:D:D:D
Lol, good stuff. Since I switch from milk as my primary protein to beef, I actually upped my total protein intake, so I think that played a major role there. If you look at research studies and one group lost more fat than the other group, also look at the amount of protein they ate. The higher protein group almost always lose more fat.

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Lol, good stuff. Since I switch from milk as my primary protein to beef, I actually upped my total protein intake, so I think that played a major role there. If you look at research studies and one group lost more fat than the other group, also look at the amount of protein they ate. The higher protein group almost always lose more fat.

What was your protein intake like when you relied on milk, and what was the g/kg bodyweight ratio? Did you eat meat at all?

gaze

there's definitely something suspect about homogenized dairy fat from whole milk that makes it particularly hard to handle for some people in comparison to normal butter or cheese. I still don't trust it (although I drink it for lack of better options)

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
What was your protein intake like when you relied on milk, and what was the g/kg bodyweight ratio? Did you eat meat at all?
Probably around 140g on milk and then up to 180-190g with meat. I was around 85kg when I started, now almost 100kg.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
there's definitely something suspect about homogenized dairy fat from whole milk that makes it particularly hard to handle for some people in comparison to normal butter or cheese. I still don't trust it (although I drink it for lack of better options)
Yeah me too. I really wish it was easier to get raw low fat milk here.

Hgreen56

@Hans is there some reason why you not consuming cacao boter and coconut oil?
And little offtopic, do you have experience with white or acv for reducing endotoxins?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
@Hans is there some reason why you not consuming cacao boter and coconut oil?
And little offtopic, do you have experience with white or acv for reducing endotoxins?
I haven't found a good way to consume cocoa butter and I generally don't like the taste of it mixed with other food. I use a little coconut oil when frying my meat.
I haven't experimented between white or ACV so can't say.

ursidae

I have been on meat, eggs, fish, seafood and tone of fruits diet for over 3 years now. In my case it was necessity, but today I feel it was the best thing I did for myself.

Do you eat fatty fish?

Adding my 2 cents here... I've been doing a low/no starch, low fiber diet (with some exceptions, e.g. Friday nights are fajita nights with the family) over the past couple of weeks and I'm noticing a difference.

The routine daily diet consists of 1% milk, a variety of fruit, beef, gelatin, lean chicken, yogurt, honey, and occasionally there are other odds and ends like bacon, liver, oysters, carrots, eggs, bell peppers, and a bit of home made ice cream. I also take an activated charcoal pill in the morning, 3-4x a week.

I'm now getting the mythical ghost wipe once or twice a day and after breakfast (milk with honey and gelatin, oranges) I notice that 1) I'm fully satiated until lunch time, around noon (before, I would get hungry by 10:30), 2) my energy levels are high and even all morning, and 3) my body is warm and I feel mentally "good". I've also noticed that my body temperature seems to rise and fall in tandem with my hunger levels. As soon as I start getting hungry for the next meal, my hands and skin become cold and my energy levels start to decline, and once I refeed with carbs I warm back up and perk up again within 20-30 minutes of eating. The effect is noticeable, and it wasn't so suddenly noticeable on my old way of eating.

Another change that this diet is making to my prior way of eating is that my macros have changed a lot. I didn't realize this for a long time until I started keeping track of my food consumption on Cronometer, but the way I was eating for the past 10-15 years (even after I started Peating in 2018) meant I was eating a higher protein, higher fat, lower carb diet. I would normally consume under 200g of carbs per day, while consuming at least 130g of fats, and 140g-200g of protein. I only noticed this once I started keeping track of my food intake in detail, and it took me by surprise because I thought I had been getting a lot more carbs than I actually was, and less fat and protein than I actually was. At least I was managing my PUFA intake pretty well at around of 2% of daily calories. On average 45-50% of my daily calories were coming from fats.

I'm now shooting for more like 300g of carbs daily, while fats are cut down to <60g. Protein intake is down slightly, around 120g-140g. This gives me a rough 3:1 carb:protein ratio, and a 2:1 protein:fats ratio.

I feel that it's going well so far, and am looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the following weeks.

The charcoal will also bind to all physiologic elements and vitamins, just a heads up.

Charger

Are you still eating this way, @Hans ?

I've been eating this way for about two weeks and I think I will continue for the forseeable future.

Been sticking to pretty much eggs, butter, liver, ground beef, fat free cheese, OJ and raisins. I use almond milk as a milk substitute, but I only have about a cup or two, typically in the morning mixed with cocoa.

Been feeling pretty good energy wise. Dropped weight pretty fast without trying. Had been hovering around 200-210 most of this year but weighed in at around 180 a few days ago. I'm sure a good chunk of that may be glycogen, but still, not feeling bloated in and of itself is a relief.

Last edited:
OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Are you still eating this way, @Hans ?

I've been eating this way for about two weeks and I think I will continue for the forseeable future.

Been sticking to pretty much eggs, butter, liver, ground beef, fat free cheese, OJ and raisins. I use almond milk as a milk substitute, but I only have about a cup or two, typically in the morning mixed with cocoa.

Been feeling pretty good energy wise. Dropped weight pretty fast without trying. Had been hovering around 200-210 most of this year but weighed in at around 180 a few days ago. I'm sure a good chunk of that may be glycogen, but still, not feeling bloated in and of itself is a relief.
Yes for sure. I'm still starch free, but I'm getting a bit of fiber through cooked apples. Not that I feel like I need fiber, I just wanted someone to eat with my meal, so went with cooked apple.
Energy is definitely great and stable. Except for the small amount of water loss in the beginning, I have not lost any weight (because I count calories) and my workouts are still great. Don't need starches to fuel my workout.

Rapid weight loss isn't due to less glycogen, it's often due to less water retention because of less inflammation.

YourUniverse

Hans how is the experiment going?

Lately I've been on a milk-sugar-coffee-chocolate diet and everything has been great. If I make sure to eat enough calories, everything feels good, including sleep. The key for me to get enough calories this way is to constantly sip sugared milk through the day.

M

metabolizm

Lately I've been on a milk-sugar-coffee-chocolate diet and everything has been great. If I make sure to eat enough calories, everything feels good, including sleep. The key for me to get enough calories this way is to constantly sip sugared milk through the day.

How long have you been doing this? How is your transit time/bowel movements with zero fibre?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter

Still going great. I'm still starch free, but I added in cooked apple just because I wanted some other substance to chew with my meat. However, I might drop the apple and just go back to meat and honey.
Good to hear you're having success too!

M

metabolizm

Still going great. I'm still starch free, but I added in cooked apple just because I wanted some other substance to chew with my meat. However, I might drop the apple and just go back to meat and honey.
Good to hear you're having success too!

Fibre really does seem to be unnecessary. Quite a shock, really. A gut that is free from irritation seems to be the key, and, ironically, fibre can be the very cause of that irritation.

I also struggle with starch, but am not able to give it up. I don’t crave milk enough to keep my calorie intake high without starch.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Fibre really does seem to be unnecessary. Quite a shock, really. A gut that is free from irritation seems to be the key, and, ironically, fibre can be the very cause of that irritation.

I also struggle with starch, but am not able to give it up. I don’t crave milk enough to keep my calorie intake high without starch.
Yeah true story haha.
Why not try meat with gelatin, honey and fruit juice?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals