Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

BrianF

Scalp massages seem to make me shed like crazy. I'm not even directly massaging the top. I'm grabbing the sides and forcing them upwards as if I'm pinching the entire top of my scalp over and over. It actually feels really good, but I lost a lot of hair today..
Makes me shed too, but im also seeing regrowth around the hairline so perhaps im just shedding the ones i was going to lose anyway, just sokner2.

Arrade

Scalp massages seem to make me shed like crazy. I'm not even directly massaging the top. I'm grabbing the sides and forcing them upwards as if I'm pinching the entire top of my scalp over and over. It actually feels really good, but I lost a lot of hair today..
Often the advice is if you’re shedding hair, it’s a good thing. It increases blood flow which gets rid of the old hair and starts the cycle for better hair. Happens with rogaine

xetawaves

Makes me shed too, but im also seeing regrowth around the hairline so perhaps im just shedding the ones i was going to lose anyway, just sokner2.

I was wondering the same. It's just hard to commit to something that makes your hair fall out lol I suppose it makes sense because don't most minoxidil users experience an initial shed? Both methods are increasing circulation.

BrianF

I know. Jeezo, looking at that sink plug and wondering how in the hell you have any left..

Luckytype

Use inward pressure with stiff finger tips and or knuckles. Use your own skull as the "washboard" in which you move your own scalp across.

Settle your fingers/knuckles into the scalp(it will sink into a slight depression) then use that to move it straight lines then perpendicular to that then a j-stroke once it becomes more pliable.

If youre looking at the end of the hair and its distinct bulb shaped but no skin material around it, it was going to shed within 1-3 months anyway.

xetawaves

The skin on the top of my head feels very tight and thin, so it makes sense that the hair would be weak there. I've been reading the hong kong detumescence therapy study and it's convincing me.

So could this be why dermarolling helps people? Could the skin be regenerating more skin where the wounds are making the skin slightly looser each time you dermaroll?

Luckytype

The skin on the top of my head feels very tight and thin, so it makes sense that the hair would be weak there. I've been reading the hong kong detumescence therapy study and it's convincing me.

So could this be why dermarolling helps people? Could the skin be regenerating more skin where the wounds are making the skin slightly looser each time you dermaroll?

Press a knuckle into your center scalp and apply very firm pressure for 5 seconds. Run your finger over the knuckle spot. Is there a depression?

xetawaves

Press a knuckle into your center scalp and apply very firm pressure for 5 seconds. Run your finger over the knuckle spot. Is there a depression?

I've never tried that, but yea there is definitely a depression after doing that. This leads me to believe that the skin there is thicker than I initially thought.

Luckytype

I've never tried that, but yea there is definitely a depression after doing that. This leads me to believe that the skin there is thicker than I initially thought.
Find a female that will allow the same thing. Youll notice quite a difference.

xetawaves

Find a female that will allow the same thing. Youll notice quite a difference.

So then there is a direct correlation between male balding and what you suggested. I wonder what causes that hardening of the top of the scalp. Are there any studies that consist of data collected regarding the extraction of that specific area of a bald scalp? I'm curious to see what those hardened areas are made from. Could this be a form of scleroderma that is prevalent in males?

Last edited:

Arrade

So then there is a direct correlation between male balding and what you suggested. I wonder what causes that hardening of the top of the scalp. Are there any studies that consist of data collected regarding the extraction of that specific area of a bald scalp? I'm curious to see what those hardened areas are made from. Could this be a form of scleroderma that is prevalent in males?
I believe the hardening is calcification from DHT. Men have significantly more

Luckytype

If the reality is that "calcified" scalps is accurate and not a misnomer, its definitely related somehow to cellular function and the retention of something significant to the matrix within the skin. I would imagine DHT to be present as opposing something like estrogen that comes with stress, prolactin etc

Chronic inflammatory markers may rise in some again with various stressors.

As cellular function declines for whatever reasons obviously we see things like various psoriasis, dandruffs, other skin conditions that inflame the scalp leading to infiltration of inflammation mediators as a means to "repair" what they think is wrong.

Prolactin is found in situations of balding scalps and im certain more but i cant find them offhand. Search and youll find it quickly.

I can recall when my shedding started it was like a switch was flipped. I was severely nutrient deficient, eating only for calories and frankly its a miracle i made it as long as i did.

I remember as I manipulated my own scalp thinking that was the one and only thing I need initially. I was wrong but I restored my hairline as I continued to shed. Yea, it improved and moved down significantly but continued to shed. At the peak i was shedding 100-200 hairs just from the top. That was a little less than 2 years ago and the haircount as of tonight so far was 21.

Point of this is, its going to take some serious dedication and a 360 degree look at whats going on with your body. Its not DHT by itself, not a chance. Theres no way that after 20 years and MUCH higher levels of it when i was a kid that only now does a hormone cause hairloss.

Nutrition and its reserves, physical and emotional stress markers, mineral flux, liver health and GI health, cellular function, overall metabolism.

Some people can go with poor balance of some of these for many years. I did. You wanna fix hairloss - fix your body. Dont blame it on a hormone thats been with you for years and otherwise does nothing detrimental to a healthy male.

benaoao

Prolactin is also a known factor that increases the number of androgen receptors and their sensitivity to androgens

So it’s the dht, but because of estrogens and prolactin (hypothyroid + increase in receptors)

When young the metabolism is much better and stress should be much lower thus dht isnt the problem it is later on in life

Dht is causal, but isn’t the root cause. Estrogens and prolactin are

benaoao

Yeah. Don’t blame the player (dht) blame the environment. But the DHT does have to be factored in... big pharma approach is “no player no problem”. People who take progesterone think “different/stronger player no problem”. Not very different from big pharma.

It should always be about finding the root cause in an unbiased manner, and addressing it.

Arrade

Isn't increased androgen receptor sensitivity something you want to build muscle (and possibly in the brain).
I wouldn't advocate reduction of DHT, in no way am I suggesting the use of anti-androgens. I think DHT tries to fix inflammation in the scalp, which is from high estrogen, general stress, or acromegaly from vitamin deficiency.
Big Pharma is right in that no DHT means no calcification, and no testosterone means no sebum.

L

lollipop

If the reality is that "calcified" scalps is accurate and not a misnomer, its definitely related somehow to cellular function and the retention of something significant to the matrix within the skin. I would imagine DHT to be present as opposing something like estrogen that comes with stress, prolactin etc

Chronic inflammatory markers may rise in some again with various stressors.

As cellular function declines for whatever reasons obviously we see things like various psoriasis, dandruffs, other skin conditions that inflame the scalp leading to infiltration of inflammation mediators as a means to "repair" what they think is wrong.

Prolactin is found in situations of balding scalps and im certain more but i cant find them offhand. Search and youll find it quickly.

I can recall when my shedding started it was like a switch was flipped. I was severely nutrient deficient, eating only for calories and frankly its a miracle i made it as long as i did.

I remember as I manipulated my own scalp thinking that was the one and only thing I need initially. I was wrong but I restored my hairline as I continued to shed. Yea, it improved and moved down significantly but continued to shed. At the peak i was shedding 100-200 hairs just from the top. That was a little less than 2 years ago and the haircount as of tonight so far was 21.

Point of this is, its going to take some serious dedication and a 360 degree look at whats going on with your body. Its not DHT by itself, not a chance. Theres no way that after 20 years and MUCH higher levels of it when i was a kid that only now does a hormone cause hairloss.

Nutrition and its reserves, physical and emotional stress markers, mineral flux, liver health and GI health, cellular function, overall metabolism.

Some people can go with poor balance of some of these for many years. I did. You wanna fix hairloss - fix your body. Dont blame it on a hormone thats been with you for years and otherwise does nothing detrimental to a healthy male.
Good post.

L

lollipop

Yeah. Don’t blame the player (dht) blame the environment. But the DHT does have to be factored in... big pharma approach is “no player no problem”. People who take progesterone think “different/stronger player no problem”. Not very different from big pharma.

It should always be about finding the root cause in an unbiased manner, and addressing it.
Actually this thought process is important for any condition. “Environment” is the operative word. Question though, as a pharmacist, why do you think it is not applied in current medical solutions? Not a strong business case for approaching from this direction?

xetawaves

are you referring to detumescence therapy here? So the shedding never stopped but your hairline grew back?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals