Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

BrianF

In an ideal scenario i would love to shave my head (cant do that due to Mrs) and spend the next year in a warm Mediterranean climate with plenty light and vitamin d.

Massage twice a day, spray on magmesium oil after one massage to break up calcification, maybe spray on Solban after the other (with a bit of thyroid dropped in the bottle)

Derma-roll as much as the wounding allows. I belive daily can be too much for some people.

Do some inverted handstands everyday for better blood flow.

Consume a proper Peat inspired diet that i just cant manage as well as I'd like to here in a busy city.

I think I'd see some great results. And if not, at least I'd have a great tan

Last edited:

BrianF

I have been doing the scalp massage thing on a semi-regular basis over the last few months. Its like this: some days I will do a good 20 min massage in the evening and some days I'm lucky if I do 5 mins, perhaps one minute at a time through the day when I remember. Some days I miss it all together, sadly.(I have a young baby so my time isn't my own anymore.) I have also been using Polysorbate 80 once a week the same time. About three weeks ago I also began supplementing with Magnesium Citrate (someone on these threads advised it to help with calcification of the scalp) and I have seen a dramatic change in the thickness and tightness of the scalp at the front (which is the bit I tend to massage the most also). Anyway, point of this post is that I think I may be seeing the beginnings of some growth around the hairline. I honestly wish I had taken a picture a few months ago to compare it with. So I'm going to post a pic I took of my hairline tonight (Sunday evening here in London) and then post another in about a month's time sitting in exactly the same spot, directly under the bulb in my living room. And hopefully, I'm going to see some concrete evidence of regrowth.

View attachment 7532 View attachment 7532
Actually closer to two months now but i just didn't have time. I'm struggling to get the same angle with this pic, but i definitely see regrowth around my hairline on my right (left for you). Not sure if thats noticeable from the pick. I have to admit, last few weeks been slacking from my nightly routine. But this works. Im certain of that.

Attachments

• 20180304_190222.jpg
    20180304_190222.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 77

BrianF

Actually closer to two months now but i just didn't have time. I'm struggling to get the same angle with this pic, but i definitely see regrowth around my hairline on my right (left for you). Not sure if thats noticeable from the pick. I have to admit, last few weeks been slacking from my nightly routine. But this works. Im

Last edited:

Arrade

@BrianF I hear magnesium is very good. I'm also going to try magensium oil, as well as supplementing with Vitamin K, D, and A. I'll try to get more sun, maybe shaving my head this summer will help.
I hear that Castor Oil, Coconut oil, and olive oil help, in that order of significance.
Also try a magnesium salt foot bath.
I'm also going to try the head muscle massage exercises.

Last edited:

Arrade

I wonder what causes Sebum? It's clearly a part of hairloss. Since shampoo doesn't work, would something like an olive oil bar soap help?
Like someone else said tho, by damaging your sebum the scalp may overcompensate and produce more.

I also think DHT plays an integral part, but my assumption is that it calcifies and heals inflammation. The itch of balding is inflammation and dht fixes that in the body. You don't need less DHT (or maybe only in the scalp follicles), but to reduce inflammation.

Last edited:

BrianF

Vitamin A regulates my sebum production. Haidut's Estroban and/or simply consuming liver reduces it dramatically for me.

xetawaves

Sebum definitely plays a role in my hair loss. I’ve noticed that almost every single balding/bald person I see, they have lots of sebum cause their thin spots and foreheads and very shiny. I’ve also noticed that when my sebum gets bad, I shed a lot more too. Progesterone has decreased sebum for me a lot thus I’ve been shedding less hair.

BrianF

Sebum definitely plays a role in my hair loss. I’ve noticed that almost every single balding/bald person I see, they have lots of sebum cause their thin spots and foreheads and very shiny. I’ve also noticed that when my sebum gets bad, I shed a lot more too. Progesterone has decreased sebum for me a lot thus I’ve been shedding less hair.
Do you eat liver?

xetawaves

I wonder if it’s normal for the top of the scalp to produce more sebum than the sides. I have build up on the top of my scalp that I’ve been trying to clear for a few weeks now. It’s a lot. The sides of my head do not have this.

Luckytype

Ive seen a ton, i would even venture to say a majority of guys with no sheen on their heads and non-oily clear skin on their face.

Come to think of it I honestly dont think ive ever seen a balding man with acne ever, they tend to have clear skin

Vitamin A regulates my sebum production. Haidut's Estroban and/or simply consuming liver reduces it dramatically for me.

Whatever is worsened by heavy intense lifting seems to increase scalp sebum for me, it worsens shedding.

Data point: I have clear olive, lightly oily complexion but skin that tans pretty easily.

I am also still metabolically compromised

Arrade

I'n not familiar with estroban. I just ordered 5a-dhp but I'm very new here.
So is it estrogen that increases sebum?

BrianF

I was curious because liver and vitamin A made a major difference to my sebum production. Ivevhad acne since my early twenties right up to early 40s...the difference can only be liver & A. I just wondered what your experience of it was.

To be honest, ive mainly been eating chicken livers which taste better or lamb liver in haggis or part of my own mince which cab be flavoured. I truly hated liver as a kid, though.

BrianF

I'n not familiar with estroban. I just ordered 5a-dhp but I'm very new here.
So is it estrogen that increases sebum?
Estrogen does a lot of ***t things to a male body, we all react differently but I think if you polled most on here (male or female), they'd agree oestrogen can and often does increase the sebum production.

Arrade

I was curious because liver and vitamin A made a major difference to my sebum production. Ivevhad acne since my early twenties right up to early 40s...the difference can only be liver & A. I just wondered what your experience of it was.

To be honest, ive mainly been eating chicken livers which taste better or lamb liver in haggis or part of my own mince which cab be flavoured. I truly hated liver as a kid, though.
I want to try liver, I'll think I'll just supplement vitamins for now. My family never cooks it.
Someone on this forum posted this link, I haven't started my previously mentioned regimen but since I took steroids for 4 months this makes a lot of sense:
Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic... - Page 2

Sebum is obviously bad for hair, I never had it before steroids. Tbh I think androgens might be good for acne but I don't have anything to back it up

BrianF

Most on here would argue that DHT doesn't cause hairloss. Frankly, I don't understand it all, its too complex for my understanding. Danny Roddy doesn't think it does and his research has provided me with the best advice I've had. I probably wouldn't have hair if I hadn't discovered him.

xetawaves

Ive seen a ton, i would even venture to say a majority of guys with no sheen on their heads and non-oily clear skin on their face.

Come to think of it I honestly dont think ive ever seen a balding man with acne ever, they tend to have clear skin

Whatever is worsened by heavy intense lifting seems to increase scalp sebum for me, it worsens shedding.

Data point: I have clear olive, lightly oily complexion but skin that tans pretty easily.

I am also still metabolically compromised

I think whatever causes your hair to shed worse from strenuous exercise is the same reason lots of athletes go bald. Lebron is balding badly now, his hair transplant was pointless sadly. Most gym rats lose their hair as well. Mine started receding when I started weight training.

Arrade

Pre-anabolics my bodyfat was kinda high (momentary bulking) but my estrogen was 17. Generally from my typical low bf and high rates of strength per muscle mass made me believe my wastrogen stayed low.
And for reference, right now I'm at a Nw2.
I'm going to tackle the calcification angle, as well as lower my endogenous estro.

Last edited:

xetawaves

So what is your guys’ opinions on male to female trans people regrowing all their hair? Could it be from the massive reduction in sebum from lowering androgens?

Arrade

I think whatever causes your hair to shed worse from strenuous exercise is the same reason lots of athletes go bald. Lebron is balding badly now, his hair transplant was pointless sadly. Most gym rats lose their hair as well. Mine started receding when I started weight training.
Do you think it's an increase in stress hormones? I strongly think stress is the main factor for hairloss, with exercise you're putting your body under controlled episodes of stress.
Either it's stress itself causing hairloss, or DHT causing calcification of tissue in the scalp. I think DHT is a good guy, and is the body's way of dealing with inflammation. Unfortunately in the scalp you don't want the fibrosis/calcfication response.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals