Why I Regret Giving Hair Loss Advice And A Major Breakthrough

Arrade

So what is your guys’ opinions on male to female trans people regrowing all their hair? Could it be from the massive reduction in sebum from lowering androgens?
One theory is that shifting those hormones reshapes the skull, thus the head muscles don't tense -----> no tension = no inflammation of scalp muscle ------> less dht sent to scalp = less calcification of scalp.

Also, less endogenous androgens means no way for the skin over the hair to calcify.
Some people seem to think estrogen is good for hair, but if that is so why is it men with elevated estrogen have the most hairloss?

Arnold Grape

^^Agreed. I notice on days when I dose Cypro (about 1-1.5) that hair quality seems greatly improved. This effect can also be achieved with about one half dose of Estroban. I think the trick is to experiment (time consuming) with enough of the suggestions here (i.e. red light; foods; sugar, etc.) and then intuit what might work best for you.

benaoao

Stress itself means high Cortisol, estrogen, prolactin... that’s a deadly trio

Prolonged stress will have an impact on thyroid and from my understanding hypothyroid will mean DHT isn’t converted enough to a few important metabolites among which 3B diol.

So stress slash inflammation would be a very ideal suspect for me.

Note that I don’t see what’s wrong with the OPs method of removing sebum buildup. Maybe to be done every so often.

Luckytype

Ive posted this in a few other threads but I quickly regrew my hairline(while still shedding) by manipulating my scalp with various mechanical pressing and squeezing.

Shedding only went down after stressors went down and stress modulators improved.

Even from just a youth perspective: theres no Way a hormone(dht) that has been floating in many of our bodies(and for many years at a peak concentration) for upwards of 20 years mysteriously like night and day causes baldness with nothing else being the actual cause

benaoao

from just a youth perspective: theres no Way a hormone(dht) that has been floating in many of our bodies(and for many years at a peak concentration) for upwards of 20 years mysteriously like night and day causes baldness with nothing else being the actual cause

I don’t think anyone here is saying that, we aren’t hair loss forums or general practitioners :)

BrianF

So what is your guys’ opinions on male to female trans people regrowing all their hair? Could it be from the massive reduction in sebum from lowering androgens?
Progesterone is adinistered to lots of trans people and that is credited with being good for hair growth. Possibly because it opposes estrogen. In fact some think the actual mechanism for propecia is that it acts like progesterone or gives a similar effect. Sure Danny Roddy suggests that.

BrianF

Ive posted this in a few other threads but I quickly regrew my hairline(while still shedding) by manipulating my scalp with various mechanical pressing and squeezing.

Shedding only went down after stressors went down and stress modulators improved.

Even from just a youth perspective: theres no Way a hormone(dht) that has been floating in many of our bodies(and for many years at a peak concentration) for upwards of 20 years mysteriously like night and day causes baldness with nothing else being the actual cause
Agreed.

Arrade

I was about to buy a scalp massage regimen from one of the users here. My Approach - Hair Loss Is Reversible
Can you elaborate what you did to regrow your hairline? Not that I won't support his business
Also, just a point for everyone I don't shed at all but have sebum and hairline reduction

xetawaves

I've been coming across a lot of successful stories on forums regarding scalp massages. Guys that have substantially thickened up their hair. I would say most people that try it will do it for a month or two, see no results, and slowly give up. My hair is a couple inches long, but I'm considering buzzing it to avoid ripping hairs out while massaging.

My guess is that the skull shrinks when a male transitions to a female. My hair is diffused with the thinnest area being right in the center of the top of my scalp. Where that point is on a lot of men's skulls(can't remember the name of the point). It runs back to my crown, although my crown itself is fairly thick. The skin of my crown is also a lot looser and thicker than the front. I'm going to add scalp massages twice daily to my regimen and see what happens. Will probably end up buying one of those brushes made for them.

Gaining weight is slowing my shedding down a lot.

Last edited:

benaoao

FYI I looked up my shampoos ingredients because I swear it had polysorbate 80, well it does have it whereas H&S or Nizoral don’t. Brand is Herbal Glo that I found in a random store in Toronto. Other noteworthy ingredients: zinc pyrithione, biotin, panthenol, jojoba oil, stinging nettle extract.

I think this post here is a good approach to the androgen issue

Studies that help confirm my theory that balding = low oxygen + DHT - Page 5

Like I said a healthy thyroid will mean more 3B diol which is protective IMO.

Note that the poster above talks about endothelial dysfunction, and here NO is generally perceived as bad. I think this is debatable. Low dose PDE5 inhibitors have showed promising results regarding endothelium function...

Last edited:

Arrade

Idk if this was already posted in this thread, but Vitamin A I believe will reduce sebum, and excess sebum may very well be the results of a lack of Vitamin A

BrianF

Is there any consensus on Polysorbate 80? who is still using it?
Not still using it as I used my bottle up. I felt that it certainly helped deep-clean my scalp, possibly from years of over production of sebum.

Arrade

I also heard Vitamin D reduces sebum. I definitely need to start cooking liver, but until that gets rolling I'll be supplementing A,D,K, and mk7. The anti-calcification crew.

xetawaves

Scalp massages seem to make me shed like crazy. I'm not even directly massaging the top. I'm grabbing the sides and forcing them upwards as if I'm pinching the entire top of my scalp over and over. It actually feels really good, but I lost a lot of hair today..

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals