Proposed Theory: Dandruff Is A Skin Biome Imbalance. Ways To Address Proposed

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Okay I am back. With some not so great information. This situation is constantly evolving. So excuse me if I seem like I keep presiding the solution Of course things change and I am doing my best to update the thread. My “dandruff” is back but not so much on my scalp.

i know believe the antibiotics were what gave me the relief I guess it took about 2 weeks of being off of them to start noticing the symptoms again.

BUT THE PLOT THICKENS

I stumbled upon this article today. Not a single shred of literature I have found describes my ”dandruff“ condition like this one. Yelllow dust. Super small specks.

the article blames a parasite called demodex. And to tie in my older research it turns out demoded carries a lot to staph aureus bacteria which is highly correlated with the condition.

it seems antibiotics are temporarily affective and halting their havoc on the body.

so first they blame fungi. Then they blame bacteria. Now we are seeing data that tells us for some of us the cause of this dandruff is actually a parasite !

apparently to get rid of this thing it requires a very aggressive treatmemt.
will be testing things soon.

to me this is all making more and more sense. No wonder vitamin A or b6 or even zinc doesn’t cut for everyone. There seems to be different causes that seem to manifest similarly in some ways The standard dandruff in photos I’ve seen look nothing like specks I have. It literally dry yellow looking dust.

Quelsatron

Update: just found out i have rather major vitamin D deficiency, will try to get back in a few months to reply whether if my seb derm solved itself after my D status has been optimized

Orion

Okay I am back. With some not so great information. This situation is constantly evolving. So excuse me if I seem like I keep presiding the solution Of course things change and I am doing my best to update the thread. My “dandruff” is back but not so much on my scalp.

i know believe the antibiotics were what gave me the relief I guess it took about 2 weeks of being off of them to start noticing the symptoms again.

BUT THE PLOT THICKENS

I stumbled upon this article today. Not a single shred of literature I have found describes my ”dandruff“ condition like this one. Yelllow dust. Super small specks.

the article blames a parasite called demodex. And to tie in my older research it turns out demoded carries a lot to staph aureus bacteria which is highly correlated with the condition.

it seems antibiotics are temporarily affective and halting their havoc on the body.

so first they blame fungi. Then they blame bacteria. Now we are seeing data that tells us for some of us the cause of this dandruff is actually a parasite !

to me this is all making more and more sense. No wonder vitamin A or b6 or even zinc doesn’t cut for everyone. There seems to be different causes that seem to manifest similarly in some ways The standard dandruff in photos I’ve seen look nothing like specks I have. It literally dry yellow looking dust.

BearWithMe

BUT THE PLOT THICKENS

Thank you for the update, really interesting post! Hope you will find a relief soon

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Back with a new update. So far ive tried a completely new tactic. This time i am looking at dandruff as something that needs aggressive treatment to get rid of. Everything from too much of a specific bacteria to a parasitic skin organism.

Been 3 days. I start with tar coal shampoo. I really lather that on aggressively.

3 min wash. Then i rinse. Apply a compound based on a mix of ketocanazole cream mixed with copper peptide shampoo.
3 minutes aggressive wash.

then i rinse and finally apply zinc pyrthionine conditioner and bam finally done.

3 days. Things are look as good even better than my last attempt. Lets see how long this can last.

Kykeon

does someone here know david whitelock? from him i took the idea of never taking a shower again. so far has worked great. i just clean the private parts with water and my skin issues got better

I wonder what peat's view would be. it certainly has the "appeal to nature" fallacy, but animals are oftentimes not very fond of showering and there was a large amount of propaganda to get people to use deodorants in when they were created.
Like telling people they would be stinky etc.

If one washes the skin too often there shooudl be problems with getting vitamin d from the sun.

Last edited:

L_C

Back with a new update. So far ive tried a completely new tactic. This time i am looking at dandruff as something that needs aggressive treatment to get rid of. Everything from too much of a specific bacteria to a parasitic skin organism.

Been 3 days. I start with tar coal shampoo. I really lather that on aggressively.

3 min wash. Then i rinse. Apply a compound based on a mix of ketocanazole cream mixed with copper peptide shampoo.

then i rinse and finally apply zinc pyrthionine conditioner and bam finally done.

3 days. Things are look as good even better than my last attempt. Lets see how long this can last.
To be honest with you I personally think it's an internal problem like gut inflammation of some sort. There must be something in your diet that irritates the gut. In my case it was all the fermented foods (yogurt, kefirs, probiotics...). My itchy scalp and hair loss are practically gone. There are still some small white flakes but I wonder if it's also not somewhat weather related. Anyway, just my 2c.

BearWithMe

does someone here know david whitelock? from him i took the idea of never taking a shower again. so far has worked great. i just clean the private parts with water and my skin issues got better

I wonder what peat's view would be. it certainly has the "appeal to nature" fallacy, but animals are oftentimes not very fond of showering and there was a large amount of propaganda to get people to use deodorants in when they were created.
Like telling people they would be stinky etc.

If one washes the skin too often there shooudl be problems with getting vitamin d from the sun.
I was thinking about this idea a lot. It makes a lot of sense in theory, but appatently it doesn't work very well in real world.

Steve Jobs was doing that. His colleagues absolutely hated to be around him at that time. He even ate very clean etc.

Maybe once you start showering, you permanently change the skin microbiome and can't really go back after that? Maybe people are so sick, poisoned by toxins left and right, that our sweat actually do smell and there is no way around it other than shower and use deodorants?

Kykeon

Steve Jobs was doing that. His colleagues absolutely hated to be around him at that time. He even ate very clean etc.
nuts and seeds? very clean indeed. The man died of pancreatic cancer (officially) and that is not a good inspiration in my opinion. Smelling bad is caused not by the sweat you produce on your skin, but by bacteria. If you shower you impact that microbiome, if you do not shower you will also impact this microbiome. If you go into a different climate, your microbiome will change etc.
Steve Jobs also does not look like he ate adequate protein. "Clean" eating is a marketing term. it does not mean anything.

BearWithMe

nuts and seeds? very clean indeed. The man died of pancreatic cancer (officially) and that is not a good inspiration in my opinion. Smelling bad is caused not by the sweat you produce on your skin, but by bacteria. If you shower you impact that microbiome, if you do not shower you will also impact this microbiome. If you go into a different climate, your microbiome will change etc.
Steve Jobs also does not look like he ate adequate protein. "Clean" eating is a marketing term. it does not mean anything.
Yeah maybe, but anyways, the point is that Steve Jobs did not showered long term and smelled horrible.

Bad thing about body odor is that you usually can't smell it yourself.

I would like to experiment with showering less (or not at all), but I just can't imagine having sex without having a shower before. Maybe that is just a limiting belief.

Do you have sexual partner(s)?

Ben.

I wonder, do you believe this parasite and the bacteria alongside it are only on the skin or underneath the skin?

Considering you have/had issues with cold feet etc. these bastard (perhaps there are some "friends of theirs inside) may be a issue systemic wide.

The article you posted says that head and shoulder would work just fine against them if one lets it sit for 5 minute .... i may try this out ...

Does anyone here have experience with black walnut, cloves and wormwood/quassia for internal use?

I notice improvements with scalp/hair and dandruff with aloe vera drinking gel applied to my head/scalp overnight, these improvements are only ever short lived tho.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Back to say the benefit habeen very short lived.

Ya it could be gut bacteria but like where to even begin. Thats not an easy fix that. Shooting in the dark here.
I wont be giving up tho. I will solve this

Last edited:

ilhanxx

Back to say the benefit have been very short lived.
Ya it could be gut bacteria but like how to fix that is massive task. Shooting in the dark here.
piroctone olamine or zinc pyrithione is not use generally with another shampoo, ketokonazol with zinc pyrithione is not a good idea, You can observe with min 10 minutes on the scalp, I solved dandruff and seborrheic issue with zinc pyrithione+%2 piroctone olamine shampoo in the past.

nitro warrior

Back to say the benefit habeen very short lived.

Ya it could be gut bacteria but like where to even begin. Thats not an easy fix that. Shooting in the dark here.
How is your thyrooid function? And have you tried taking inositol?

success23

I remember reading that malassezia can't metabolise petroleum jelly and dies instantly. It had something to do with the lenght of the fatty acids in it or something like that..

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Can someone help me understand why is it when i shave i suddenly stop flaking ? Like nothing has changed. I didnt even shave with a razor i just did no guard on the trimmer

ilhanxx

is this a sterilization issue? device or skin?
Can someone help me understand why is it when i shave i suddenly stop flaking ? Like nothing has changed. I didnt even shave with a razor i just did no guard on the trimmer

BearWithMe