Dandruff Cure Think Tank

dervmai

progress
Dandruff seems to not have a single cause... it seems to be different for everyone, which is one of the reasons a cure is so difficult.
However it can be summed up in 3 causes.

1.External 2. Internal 3. Psychological

1. First and foremost I think someone experiencing dandruff should halt shampooing as frequently... dandruff is a compromised skin barrier... the cause of the compromised skin barrier seems to be different with each person. Shampooing should be done no more than 2-3 times a week at most. And always moisturize before and after shampooing. Use a little bit of oil such as MCT oil. If one is battling with seborrheic dermatitis (an inflammatory response to the yeast present on everyone's scalp), then you should really only use MCT oil or beef tallow with no added ingredients or squalene oil. Olive oil may not be a good choice because of the fatty lipids that feed the yeast. Apply a little bit right before shampooing as to "prep" the scalp for the cleaning which strips the skin barrier, if you don't do this, you will be forever kept in the loop. Then apply a drop or two as a conditioner. Making sure the scalp is wet when applying. Applying oils when the skin is not wet can cause irritation.

2. The next issue you have to address is the internal issues. You need to fix your diet and organs. PUFA, high toxin environments, EMF, bad water quality, processed foods, agrochemicals.... all lead to a suboptimal organ system. Eliminate toxins as much as possible and eat a very clean balanced diet. Preferably meat, certain fruits, certain veggies and dairy like raw milk. There isn't really one organ like the gut that is causing the issue. Every organ is connected to each other, and you need to fix every organ if one wants to cure this. Liver, your digestive system and thyroid are the main organs one should focus on optimizing as well as the kidneys and gallbladder. Fix thyroid if you have thyroid issues, and get the labs all within optimal. Optimal thyroid function is key for optimal organ health. Then focus on the liver. Enemas are really great for helping the liver. One must keep endotoxins low, and focus on not letting endotoxins absorb back into the bloodstream (lower fats) I think carbs and fiber are really important for this as it soaks up endotoxins and excretes them via bowel movements. However many people find issues with carbs if their systems are really compromised. So going on an elimination diet is key to understanding which foods are causing issues and need to be eliminated. Carnivore works for this purpose but one must really focus on reintroduction as carnivore in my opinion is not a good diet for optimal health even though many carnivore advocates say it is.
One needs to focus on keeping bowels moving constantly... if one is constipated, do an enema, just don't let your self become constipated, and if you are figure out why. Also maintain a healthy gut microbiome that is diverse.

Mineral balance is key as well, things like zinc to copper ratios are important as well as the other mineral balances that Ray thinks are important. The issue with supplementation is that sometimes it can do more harm than good by messing up the balance of minerals.

3. The psychological aspect of this condition is underrated. Stress and anxiety are direct triggers for flare ups. Psychological stress puts the entire body under stress, every organ is affected to some degree. A constant state of anxiety and stress will wreak havoc on your organ systems, and it will keep you in the loop. You need to escape it by starting to undo the effects of stress and anxiety that have accumulated over your lifetime. Refer back to points 1 and 2 to address this. Meditation, herbal teas (chamomile, sage etc...) (be careful about heavy metals in tea bags, try to get the raw form of the herbal teas, cold showers, dopamine detox (your dopamine system is fried) and focusing on activating the vagus nerve and healing the parasympathetic nervous system. Imagine if your mental state was that of say a monk, a state of relaxation and peace. Imagine the exponential healing one would experience. You need to actively manage stress each and everyday. Many people on this forum seem to just focus on supplements and trying different things and experimenting but they completely neglect the psychological aspect of their health. I can almost guarantee everyone on this forum is neurotic and anxious.

I'm writing this in a hurry so it might be all over the place. I personally have not cured my seb derm, but it's caused by a lack of trying and commitment. I will be implementing all my knowledge and I'm not going to relapse. This post is to hold myself accountable. Anyways..... if anyone has anything to add or any questions please feel free to leave a reply. There could be so many issues that you could be having that could be causing it, like maybe your not eating enough salt or something really inconspicuous, or maybe you have a mineral imbalance or your dehydrated... literally so many causes.... don't get overwhelmed though and start addressing it one by one. Keep making progress toward optimal health. Let's try to figure this out and cure it for all those who suffer with it, because God knows how annoying and frustrating dandruff can be, especially if it's bad and is causing hair thinning due to constant inflammation and scratching.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals