Temps tank overnight and into the morning. T3 only.

dervmai

progress
my temps fall overnight. I become really hypo throughout the night and into the morning.

I believe it is because of my t3 only regimen, and the fact that t3 has a short half life, and it does not help when you are sleeping. Sleep takes up like a third of your life, so I’m trying to figure out how to maintain my temps overnight.

I experimented with t4 but had a bad adrenal reaction, maybe a sluggish liver, I have other issues indicating a dysfunctional liver. I might have also dozed up too quickly…. Wondering if I should start trying to add back some t4, maybe 1/8 of a cynoplus…. I still fear my liver can’t handle it.

Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated! Should my focus be on healing the liver??

youngsinatra

my temps fall overnight. I become really hypo throughout the night and into the morning.

I believe it is because of my t3 only regimen, and the fact that t3 has a short half life, and it does not help when you are sleeping. Sleep takes up like a third of your life, so I’m trying to figure out how to maintain my temps overnight.

I experimented with t4 but had a bad adrenal reaction, maybe a sluggish liver, I have other issues indicating a dysfunctional liver. I might have also dozed up too quickly…. Wondering if I should start trying to add back some t4, maybe 1/8 of a cynoplus…. I still fear my liver can’t handle it.

Any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated! Should my focus be on healing the liver??
I think for that reason Ray took some T4/T3 before bed. And mainly T3 throughout the day.

I think Ray took 1 grain equivalent of T4/T3 at night if I am not mistaken.

Jonk

What @youngsinatra said. Also I think the mainstream view is to take it without food for maximal absorption, which Ray Peat advices against because raising it too quick will make you hypo when it wears off.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Your core temperature is supposed to drop at night. Your body needs to rest, not be full blast at all times
I get that, but the drop is too substantial. We are supposed to look at the averages as well throughout the day. If my temps are good during the day, but they drop substantially overnight and into the morning, this is a problem.

Ray described taking T3 before bed, to help him sleep.

My drop was substantial on T3 only so I am doing much better On T4 and T3.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals