Why Do I Need Such Huge Thyroid Dosages?

When you say nibble do you mean you consume a large amount at one time? Sounds silly but I’m curious.

a nibble is a tiny piece. I put the pill in my mouth and bite off a tiny piece with my teeth, and put the bitten pill down for later.

Jsaute21

a nibble is a tiny piece. I put the pill in my mouth and bite off a tiny piece with my teeth, and put the bitten pill down for later.
"Later" constituting a few hours? I guess i am curious to the frequency of the large dose you are taking. I am in the midst of trying to refine my thyroid dose.

"Later" constituting a few hours? I guess i am curious to the frequency of the large dose you are taking. I am in the midst of trying to refine my thyroid dose.

‘yes a few hours or six hours. After meals. Depends on the weather.

Neeters 27

For me I required a larger dose due to malabsorption. NDT works better if CHEWED and likes to be with some light food, but not dairy, as it binds to the calcium and wont absorb. I would also suggest spreading out your NDT if its the T3 that makes you feel better, or "nibble it' as some do. but, at first, after being on the required dose, I felt better taking 3 grains all at once, to "flood the body" with T3 as my doctor put it. I even went so far as doing the circadian protocol. that didnt work. For me, I had to take a lower dose for a few weeks to lower Reverse T3, then slowly ramp up and now its good.

Stella123

Hi! I take natural dessicated thyroid - a product from New Zealand. and with a few weeks of taking it lost about 15 pounds. Pretty remarkable

Birdie

Although estrogen was known to increase prolactin, and prolactin was known to accelerate bone loss, nearly all publications began to focus on substances in the blood or urine that corresponded to the rate of bone turnover, with the implication that increasing bone turnover would correspond to a net loss of bone.

This was the context in which, during the 1980s, articles about thyroxine's role in causing osteoporosis began to appear. The thyroid hormone supports bone renewal, and increases indicators of bone breakdown in the blood and urine. If estrogen's use was to be justified by slowing bone turnover, then the effects of thyroid, accelerating bone turnover, should be interpreted as evidence of bone destruction.

A basic problem with many of the publications on thyroid and bone loss was that they were talking about an unphysiological medical practice (prescribing the pre-hormone, thyroxine), which frequently failed to improve thyroid function, and could even make it worse, by lowering the amount of T3 in the tissues.

Birdie

More on osteoporosis from Ray. Interesting that PTH (parathyroid hormone) causes removal of calcium. Points to advice on keeping it very low.

"The parathyroid hormone, which removes calcium from bone, causes lactic acid to be formed by bone cells (Nijweide, et al., 1981; Lafeber, et al., 1986). Lactic acid produced by intense exercise causes calcium loss from bone (Ashizawa, et al., 1997), and sodium bicarbonate increases calcium retention by bone.

Vitamin K2 (Yamaguchi, et al., 2003) blocks the removal of calcium from bone caused by parathyroid hormone and prostaglandin E2, by completely blocking their stimulation of lactic acid production by bone tissues.

Aspirin, which, like vitamin K, supports cell respiration and inhibits lactic acid formation, also favors bone calcification... "

Birdie

You should research the late Dr John Lowe's work on thyroid resistance. Some of us like myself get no improvement on tiny doses through the day...I've experimented with "all in one go" and split in small doses through the day. The only way it works for me is "all in one go! I take 50mcg in the morning when I wake up (on an empty stomach). In cold weather, I go up to 75mcg in one go. Dr John Lowe talks about his patients and himself who are thyroid-resistance and need supra physiological amounts in one go to solve all their issues. I've turned my life around by taking t3 in one huge dose and I have been doing that since 2017. You should research Dr John Lowe's work.
I'd forgotten about Dr Lowe. So, I've been reading some of his articles as you suggested. It's very interesting. Different from Peat's thoughts and experience. Lots of people have had this work, so worth considering. and I am thinking to integrate some of his suggestions. Try them out.

I'd been using Cynoplus and Cynomel but a few months ago went back to Armour plus Cynomel bits.

I want to ease off the Armour again and the need for prescriptions, required blood labs...