TSH 14 - Please Help

Jez

Hi everyone,

Hoping to get some help with a friend of mine. They have been doing peat diet etc for a number of years with great success. Recently they switched from cynoplus / cynomel to NDT (thyroid_s) She did have to go 6 days without meds and now is extremely hypo. TSH 14.8, t4 6.0 and t3 1.8.

She understands that dosage should be slowly increased but in this instance the hypo is causing horrible symptoms, aches, fatigue, rapid pulse and arrythmia, severe adrenalin etc Can she rapidly increase dosage to relieve symptoms and lower later? And what would be the safest way to do this? Higher dose on waking and 1/4 or 1/2 grains spread out through the day?

Currently on 1/2 grain on waking and 1/2 at 2pm was so ill this morning she had a 1/4 at 10am and this took away symptoms. She is doing all she can to stop Adrenalin with diet, salted sugared oj overnight. Spot on diet with good protein, gelatin, carbs from fruit, sugar and honey, skim milk, cheese, shellfish etc. glycine helps a little but she really needs a quick solution.

Bag breathing has also helped. Funny thing is temps and pulse are spot on at 36.6+ on waking with 82bpm and these markers always increase after eating to 37+ and 88bpm. End of day around 3pm temps are always 37.5+

We know she should try to cap at 2 grains and only go to 3 grains max just wondering how fast we can get her there.

Thanks all really need your help

Cheers

jitsmonkey

this is a no brainer
she stopped using the stuff that works in exchange for the stuff all too often doesn't.
go back to cyno
problem solved.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

hypo is causing horrible symptoms, aches, fatigue, rapid pulse and arrythmia, severe adrenalin etc
If she has an arrhythmia, then she should see a doctor ASAP.

OP
J

Jez

Thanks @DaveFoster drs have discharged her and gp is no help no concern over TSH labs. @jitsmonkey she was on ndt for 2 years prior and it worked perfectly. Synthetic caused many bad symptoms hence why she had to reduce and cease. The smallest amount now causes unstoppable adrenaline symptoms. @charlie how fast did you go up ndt on thyroid_s to feel results Charlie

jitsmonkey

If she has an arrhythmia, then she should see a doctor ASAP.

I don't necessarily disagree with this advice
but someone stopping thyroid supplementation quickly,
especially discontinuing consistent dosage of T3 and especially if their T4 conversion is poor
arrhythmia is not uncommon. Ray himself has mentioned this happening to him.
I'd assume the BEST response is the fastest one.
If there's T3 readily available that may be the most prudent choice
simply because its likely to be administered faster than you will get to a Dr.
obviously not being there I have no idea.
But that's some food for thought

jitsmonkey

Thanks @DaveFoster drs have discharged her and gp is no help no concern over TSH labs. @jitsmonkey she was on ndt for 2 years prior and it worked perfectly. Synthetic caused many bad symptoms hence why she had to reduce and cease. The smallest amount now causes unstoppable adrenaline symptoms. @charlie how fast did you go up ndt on thyroid_s to feel results Charlie

I think you're getting some lousy advice
but obviously if she's had success with NDT then I certainly can't argue with that.
She's in the minority responding well and consistently to modern NDT but
I certainly hope things work out for her regardless.

DaveFoster

How old is she?

Dr. Peat told me that things that improve glucose metabolism will tend to lessen the symptoms of heightened adrenaline when raising the level of thyroid hormone taken.

That would be niacinamide, aspirin, progesterone and pregnenolone, and so on. Cyproheptadine lowers adrenaline, and I've found mirtazapine helpful, but it's hard on the heart (and can be dangerous in the elderly in particular). Propranolol seems to be disliked by Dr. Peat, but it can also be used to lower adrenaline, although it interferes with thyroid function. Both propranolol and clonidine can lower adrenaline, where both can cause a discontinuation syndrome and hypertensive crisis.

Last edited:
M

marikay

Hi.

What is your friend’s cholesterol level? I use cynomel and cynoplus and I did have big adrenaline surges from time to time. Raising my cholesterol level (by drinking tons of OJ) got rid of the adrenaline.

Anyway, just a thought. Good Luck

papaya

Hi everyone,

Hoping to get some help with a friend of mine. They have been doing peat diet etc for a number of years with great success. Recently they switched from cynoplus / cynomel to NDT (thyroid_s) She did have to go 6 days without meds and now is extremely hypo. TSH 14.8, t4 6.0 and t3 1.8.

She understands that dosage should be slowly increased but in this instance the hypo is causing horrible symptoms, aches, fatigue, rapid pulse and arrythmia, severe adrenalin etc Can she rapidly increase dosage to relieve symptoms and lower later? And what would be the safest way to do this? Higher dose on waking and 1/4 or 1/2 grains spread out through the day?

Currently on 1/2 grain on waking and 1/2 at 2pm was so ill this morning she had a 1/4 at 10am and this took away symptoms. She is doing all she can to stop Adrenalin with diet, salted sugared oj overnight. Spot on diet with good protein, gelatin, carbs from fruit, sugar and honey, skim milk, cheese, shellfish etc. glycine helps a little but she really needs a quick solution.

Bag breathing has also helped. Funny thing is temps and pulse are spot on at 36.6+ on waking with 82bpm and these markers always increase after eating to 37+ and 88bpm. End of day around 3pm temps are always 37.5+

We know she should try to cap at 2 grains and only go to 3 grains max just wondering how fast we can get her there.

Thanks all really need your help

Cheers
6 days off is not a big deal. she can just start taking the lower end an equivalent dose in ndt. building up from 1/2g is for people who are just starting.

papaya

what were the symptoms that made her stop cynoplus/cynomel? what ndt is she taking?

OP
J

Jez

Hi.

What is your friend’s cholesterol level? I use cynomel and cynoplus and I did have big adrenaline surges from time to time. Raising my cholesterol level (by drinking tons of OJ) got rid of the adrenaline.

Anyway, just a thought. Good Luck
thanks for your help everyone. oddly cholesterol is 9.0 currently from pathology done the same time as TSH.

@DaveFoster thanks Dave she is 28. we have a few of those things and will try them when she has a high adrenaline.

OP
J

Jez

6 days off is not a big deal. she can just start taking the lower end an equivalent dose in ndt. building up from 1/2g is for people who are just starting.

what were the symptoms that made her stop cynoplus/cynomel? what ndt is she taking?

great thanks I'll get her up to the equivalent of synthetic. she is taking thyroid-s it worked great in the past as we looked at her historical pathology and all health markers were better. on synthetic which was only 6 months prolactin, estrogen, iron increased badly to name a few. there was no changes with diet in these times or supplements which is odd I know alot of people do incredibly well on cynomel/cynplus.

with the synthetic a rash started inside her legs and she generally felt irritable the whole time she was on synthetic. She seemed to have more adrenaline and stress response from taking it too even though her TSH is high still as getting her dose sorted on NDT she says she feels so much more relaxed in between having the surges of adrenaline.

thanks again everyone for your help it's very much appreciated.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals