Can't get temps and pulse to the optimal range. Should I raise my t3 dose or switch to t4/t3? *!Conversion issues!*

dervmai

progress
I am taking around 25 mcg daily. My temps in the morning are very low. So I think I also have some liver issues. I got a fasted liver metabolic panel done and nothing came out abnormal although my direct bilirubin was a bit high. My temps and pulse after taking t3 and eating rise but it is still low. My basal temps are low still. The highest I can seem to get it after eating is like 97.5. Oral I can get it into the low 98s. It is close to the optimal but my pulse is low. I can't get it above 75 and I am not active at all.

I don't think I need a whole lot more thyroid, maybe another 25 mcg? I still have dry skin and other hypo symptoms like constipation. My bowel movements were great for a bit then it's slowly started to get worse. I want to get on a t4/t3 combo, just because I notice that my temps and pulse and hypo symptoms return in the morning because for some reason my liver isn't working well enough to sustain my levels through the night. But I fear that my rt3 will rise again (initially they were really high). I think I had a conversion issue so I fear I still won't convert t4 to t3 as effectively as I should be, which will probably cause my rt3 to rise again. Does anyone have any advice here for me?

Just keep increasing by small amounts every week or so, T3.

Ultimately you may do better on T4 and T3, but T3 only is a good start. It’s find to be colder at night And when you wait up not to be what Dr. Barnes recommended, 97.8 to 98.2. It’s fine.

OP
dervmai

dervmai

progress
Just keep increasing by small amounts every week or so, T3.

Ultimately you may do better on T4 and T3, but T3 only is a good start. It’s find to be colder at night And when you wait up not to be what Dr. Barnes recommended, 97.8 to 98.2. It’s fine.
I'm getting closer to my optimal dose though right? Still a little off? I would like to mention this is with taking about 3 drops of ProgestE as a male daily. I don't know if this is a good idea.... but I'm aware that progest e can raise temps.... so could it be artificially inflating my temps by a little? Because the broda barns range is with thyroid only right? Not thyroid+progesterone. I don't know if it raises temps by that much though. Considering 3 drops isn't a lot. And I don't know if being a male changes anything.

I'm getting closer to my optimal dose though right? Still a little off? I would like to mention this is with taking about 3 drops of ProgestE as a male daily. I don't know if this is a good idea.... but I'm aware that progest e can raise temps.... so could it be artificially inflating my temps by a little? Because the broda barns range is with thyroid only right? Not thyroid+progesterone. I don't know if it raises temps by that much though. Considering 3 drops isn't a lot. And I don't know if being a male changes anything.

Should be fine. Just keep patiently and slowly raising your T3. I have taken as much as 180mcg of T3 per day for several months because that’s what I needed. I worked up slowly to that and went down slowly. Today I take 180mcg of T4 and 45mcg of T3 plus maybe 5mcg T3 before bedtime. That’s what my body needs. Everyone is different and perhaps at some point I won’t need as much but now I do.

You never can tell. Just look at the numbers, pay attention to how you feel, and slowly increase until your after-lunch temps are 98.6F to 99F.

I don’t think the prog is going to make a huge difference for temperatures. I sometimes use progesterone and pregnenolone and DHEA but none of it has made it so that I need less thyroid.

NommyWommy

Should be fine. Just keep patiently and slowly raising your T3. I have taken as much as 180mcg of T3 per day for several months because that’s what I needed. I worked up slowly to that and went down slowly. Today I take 180mcg of T4 and 45mcg of T3 plus maybe 5mcg T3 before bedtime. That’s what my body needs. Everyone is different and perhaps at some point I won’t need as much but now I do.

You never can tell. Just look at the numbers, pay attention to how you feel, and slowly increase until your after-lunch temps are 98.6F to 99F.

I don’t think the prog is going to make a huge difference for temperatures. I sometimes use progesterone and pregnenolone and DHEA but none of it has made it so that I need less thyroid.
Do you take cynoplus? How do you dose thyroid? Timing, amount etc. Thanks

Do you take cynoplus? How do you dose thyroid? Timing, amount etc. Thanks

My real answer is I experimented. I think that you don’t suddenly get better with thyroid. You begin moving towards a better place, which takes months. Stress hormones gradually decline and thyroid takes over, energy production changes composition.

I take 1/2 Cynoplus 3 times a day, after each meal. I take a bit of T3 before bedtime. I doubt most people need that much, but I do.

NommyWommy

My real answer is I experimented. I think that you don’t suddenly get better with thyroid. You begin moving towards a better place, which takes months. Stress hormones gradually decline and thyroid takes over, energy production changes composition.

I take 1/2 Cynoplus 3 times a day, after each meal. I take a bit of T3 before bedtime. I doubt most people need that much, but I do.
Thanks @ecstatichamster

I'm just re-starting thyroid slowing increasing every couple of weeks. I'm in the no man's land of lowered stress hormones but not enough thyroid just yet. Did you see an improvement in waking temps also?

LucyL

I am taking around 25 mcg daily. My temps in the morning are very low. So I think I also have some liver issues. I got a fasted liver metabolic panel done and nothing came out abnormal although my direct bilirubin was a bit high. My temps and pulse after taking t3 and eating rise but it is still low. My basal temps are low still. The highest I can seem to get it after eating is like 97.5. Oral I can get it into the low 98s. It is close to the optimal but my pulse is low. I can't get it above 75 and I am not active at all.

I don't think I need a whole lot more thyroid, maybe another 25 mcg? I still have dry skin and other hypo symptoms like constipation. My bowel movements were great for a bit then it's slowly started to get worse. I want to get on a t4/t3 combo, just because I notice that my temps and pulse and hypo symptoms return in the morning because for some reason my liver isn't working well enough to sustain my levels through the night. But I fear that my rt3 will rise again (initially they were really high). I think I had a conversion issue so I fear I still won't convert t4 to t3 as effectively as I should be, which will probably cause my rt3 to rise again. Does anyone have any advice here for me?
I take Cynomel (t3) 1/4 tablet in the morning and 1/4 tablet at lunch, and Cynoplus (t3/t4 combo) 1/4 tablet at supper and 1/4 tablet before bed. In the winter I tend to take more of the Cynomel during the day. I agree with progressing slowly, I would go a couple weeks and then measure temps and pulse for a few days before doing another 1/4 tablet increase. FWIW, it took me well over a year to get my temps and pulses up to normal range.

There is a caution, if you take too much without your metabolism properly using it (as would be evidenced by the temps and pulses being normal) that it will negatively effect your bone density. If you are a young guy, that's probably not so much of a concern as for middle aged women (me ;-)) But I think it's sound to try as many non-supplemental thyroid things as possible to support your metabolism while slowly increasing the thyroid.

In the evening for example, a salty snack, milk with sugar, (I like ice cream with salt) before bedtime can help the morning Temp and pulse to be higher, basically anything that doesn't let your blood sugar drop and drive the cortisol higher.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals