How Do You Go About Measuring Basal Temp And Pulse Rate?

DevilHands

Hi guys, my waking temp and pulse rate is low. Its playing between 35.2-35.7C, pulse around 50-60. It would rise to 36.6 and mid 60's-70's after breakfast.

These are however armpit temps. I've heard from some that you could go about deducting .5 celcius if its armpit however I don't think Danny Roddy discriminates if its armpit or oral.

I do suspect I am hypo since I have all the classical signs of it. Like fatigue, brain fog, easily gets cold, hair loss etc.

Anyhow, I do prefer taking armpits temps than oral since its easier and not messy. Putting the thermometer in your mouth for 10mins can be annoying, especially when I am still sleepy.

Do you guys think that waking with 36C for armpit is an optimal temp?

After breakfast, when's the next temp/pulse check? To check if your temp/pulse is optimal. Thanks!

Vinny

Hi guys, my waking temp and pulse rate is low. Its playing between 35.2-35.7C, pulse around 50-60. It would rise to 36.6 and mid 60's-70's after breakfast.

These are however armpit temps. I've heard from some that you could go about deducting .5 celcius if its armpit however I don't think Danny Roddy discriminates if its armpit or oral.

I do suspect I am hypo since I have all the classical signs of it. Like fatigue, brain fog, easily gets cold, hair loss etc.

Anyhow, I do prefer taking armpits temps than oral since its easier and not messy. Putting the thermometer in your mouth for 10mins can be annoying, especially when I am still sleepy.

Do you guys think that waking with 36C for armpit is an optimal temp?

After breakfast, when's the next temp/pulse check? To check if your temp/pulse is optimal. Thanks!
I presume that rectal temp is the one we should rely on mostly, followed by oral, but no one else has confirmed this so far.
I made a relevant thread recently, have look if you want.

Rickyman

I presume that rectal temp is the one we should rely on mostly, followed by oral, but no one else has confirmed this so far.
I made a relevant thread recently, have look if you want.

I have heard similar. I can't recall the article where I read this. But supposedly it's

1) Rectal
2) Oral
3) Auxiliary
the order for best accuracy.

However I recall that the thermometer has to be calibrated for a specific way of measuring. For example if the thermometer is calibrated for oral temp measuring then you'd want to use it orally not under the arm or in the rectum.

yerrag

I have heard similar. I can't recall the article where I read this. But supposedly it's

1) Rectal
2) Oral
3) Auxiliary
the order for best accuracy.

However I recall that the thermometer has to be calibrated for a specific way of measuring. For example if the thermometer is calibrated for oral temp measuring then you'd want to use it orally not under the arm or in the rectum.
Or you can just add 0.5°C to the armpit temperature and that will be your oral temperature. And your oral temperature is what's to be used for. body temp.

All thermometers come calibrated already. It's knowing how to take your temperature the right way that matters more.

Rickyman

Or you can just add 0.5°C to the armpit temperature and that will be your oral temperature. And your oral temperature is what's to be used for. body temp.

All thermometers come calibrated already. It's knowing how to take your temperature the right way that matters more.

Yeah that too.
An ear (tympanic) temperature is 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature. An armpit (axillary) temperature is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature. A forehead (temporal) scanner is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature

according to Fever Temperatures: Accuracy and Comparison | CS Mott Children's Hospital | Michigan Medicine

yerrag

Yeah that too.
An ear (tympanic) temperature is 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) higher than an oral temperature. An armpit (axillary) temperature is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature. A forehead (temporal) scanner is usually 0.5°F (0.3°C) to 1°F (0.6°C) lower than an oral temperature

according to Fever Temperatures: Accuracy and Comparison | CS Mott Children's Hospital | Michigan Medicine
I hope I'm right that the oral temperature is the basis. The article says the rectal temperature is generally thought to be the most accurate for a young child's temperature (article written for a children's hospital), so I'm now wondering why. And what about adults?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals