Wanting to raise my thyroid dose to a full replacement dose but I'm scared. I think I need it though. Need help!

dervmai

progress
I just measured my temps upon waking.... 95.89, this is very low.

I lowered my dose from 25mcg to about 15mcg. I think I need more thyroid.

I ordered Tyromax. I plan on taking about 4 drops and then supplementing a little extra t3 so I can make my ratio of t4:t3 closer to 2:1 or 3:1 instead of 4:1 since I struggled with conversion issues. I don't want my rt3 to start shooting back up. I have been focused on healing my liver though.

Is this a good idea? My temps at bedtime are like in the 96.5-96.8 range underarm temps. Morning it is very low always. What could this mean? My temps only climb after taking t3, however I have not been able to get it to the optimal range with 25 mcg of t3 only, instead I was actually starting to worsen a bit I think... I think I was getting too close to the dose where my thyroid starts to downregulate.

I think I need a full on thyroid replacement dose at this point.... I'm a bit scared to jump the gun. Can anyone provide some input please. Is it smart based on my temps to start taking a higher dose of thyroid? Will getting on tyromax which has both t4 and t3 be a good idea?

mostlylurking

I just measured my temps upon waking.... 95.89, this is very low.

I lowered my dose from 25mcg to about 15mcg. I think I need more thyroid.

I ordered Tyromax. I plan on taking about 4 drops and then supplementing a little extra t3 so I can make my ratio of t4:t3 closer to 2:1 or 3:1 instead of 4:1 since I struggled with conversion issues. I don't want my rt3 to start shooting back up. I have been focused on healing my liver though.

Is this a good idea? My temps at bedtime are like in the 96.5-96.8 range underarm temps. Morning it is very low always. What could this mean? My temps only climb after taking t3, however I have not been able to get it to the optimal range with 25 mcg of t3 only, instead I was actually starting to worsen a bit I think... I think I was getting too close to the dose where my thyroid starts to downregulate.

I think I need a full on thyroid replacement dose at this point.... I'm a bit scared to jump the gun. Can anyone provide some input please. Is it smart based on my temps to start taking a higher dose of thyroid? Will getting on tyromax which has both t4 and t3 be a good idea?
I've got hypothyroidism. I was diagnosed in 1978. This has been going on for 45+ years. I'm a believer in finding and relying on a good endocrinologist. Good ones are sort of scarce, but they are out there. A good way to shorten your search is to ask local pharmacists which doctors prescribe desiccated thyroid; NP Thyroid by Acella is a very good product available in the US; I've been taking it for the past 8 years. If you can get the names of doctors who prescribe it, you will have a better chance of finding a doctor who knows what they are doing.

Here is a website that I think has excellent information (for the most part). They have lots of Ray Peat articles about hypothyroidism. You may find information there that could be helpful.
also, go to their home page, TPAUK , scroll down and read the info "For Doctors"; the info "For Patients" is pretty good too. Notice they are in the UK, not the US.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals