Reason To Take T3/t4 When Thyroid Is In A Relatively Healthy Range?

HDD

From an older interview when the "normal" tsh range was higher-

"The TSH usually is somewhere in the range between .5 and 6 units, and a person will be called normal when it's anywhere in that range. But when it's above 1 unit, in other words when it's just anywhere above the lowest normal range, the TSH is already causing excess production of the mucopolysaccharides that tend to load up the various tissues. "

Ray Peat 1996 interview

Why do you want to avoid wheat in particular ? What have you noticed since ditching it?

Why not? It's trash food. Nothing in wheat that you can't get from another, far healthier food.

It contains inflammatory proteins and it had by far the worst effect on my autonomous nervous system and cardiac symptoms out of all the food groups, for years.

Queequeg

plus tons of glyphosate if not organic

OP
thms

thms

Thank you all for your responses,

conclusion, no need to take it when still improving my diet

my goal is to improve wellbeing,energy,hair quality..

still not getting the energy i want, seems that i get real lethargic from sugar and/or dairy produts...

ive qut back on exercise as well, lost a bit of fat in the process

yerrag

Eating lots of carbs and enough protein 130-150 g, avoiding PUFA, moderate fat ~40 g, using coffee, getting at least 1 hour of sunlight daily. Fixing the circadian rhythm - using F.Lux and red lights at night, limiting blue, waking up early in the morning at sunrise, avoiding endurance cardio, just walking and doing some strength training according to your abilities. Red light therapy shined at your thyroid also helps a lot, works even better than thyroid hormones IMO.

Avoiding wheat as much as possible, occasionally eating oats and rice. Potatoes often, no problems with them.

Supplements: maybe ashwagandha could be useful for lowering TSH
Magnesium carbonate/chloride
Selenium if the soil is deficient

This is a good list. I wonder if it would help to have protein with amino acid profile that is low in tryptophan, cysteine, methionine and rich in glycine, proline, serine (as found in gelatin). And would having more BCAA's and taurine as well? How about taking coconut milk instead of just coconut oil. Ray mentions coconut milk to contain sterols that could be used in making hormones in the body. Also think that adding some baking soda in water would help. I add about 1/4 teaspoon per quart or liter of water. This helps increase serum bicarbonate, and by extension serum CO2 levels. Bag breathing also helps. A cheap way to increase CO2 in the blood, to help with oxygenation of body. It's a little troublesome but it could help jumpstart the process of increasing the body's metabolism and aid in increasing thyroid production.

Important also to see thyroid production as being suppressed by high amounts of estrogen. So anything done to reduce estrogen production would help. Reducing endotoxins by not eating large amounts of soluble fiber, taking activated charcoal. And also making sure your liver is able to inactivate estrogen.

I just don't know how to aid the liver in becoming more healthy though. Any ideas?

Frankdee20

I think that you are close enough to optimal that you can do this without taking thyroid hormones.
I lowered mine from 8 to 3.5 without taking hormones so you can definitely lower yours... diet, some supplements, maybe red light & lifestyle changes, can get you there for sure. I think 0.4-0.8 you'd be in a really good place.

My TSH hovers in the Ones, any supplements beside Iodine Selenium Zinc Magnesium to improve T3. ? Thanks

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals